30 Day Low Carb (Keto) Weight loss Challenge - Start Monday May 8

Options

Replies

• stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    49g net carbs---for a Friday not too bad. Stinks cause I have to eat dried prunes (I only had 4) so that my digestion is good but it adds so many carbs. I'll have to go back to 2 a day.
  • Zuzurillo
    Zuzurillo Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Checking in - Hope everyone is feeling great and looking forward to a fun ( keto friendly!) weekend :)
    Still no weight loss ( gained then lost 1lb over the last two days) but I'm feeling great and really think I'm hitting the "fat adapted" stage (?) as I'm NOT HUNGRY. So weird for me!! I came in under calories today and didn't even realize it! I have never stuck with something that "didn't work" for this long but, I am confident some losses are just around the corner for this cranky old body!

980 cals
    7 net carbs.
  • Zuzurillo
    edited May 2017
    Options
    palsky wrote: »
    Anyone else not hungry for like 6 hours after a Keto meal. ?????

Happened to me for the first time today ( I'm 16 days in ) and it was weird and awesome at the same time!
  • Zuzurillo
    Options
    Zuzurillo wrote: »
    Yesterday was not the best day ever! I crumbled in the middle of the night!

Total carbs: 26
    Net: 15

Calories in the 1500 :(

My first bad day in 10 days.

Don't think of it as a bad day. I woke up this morning and after 12 days on keto ( averaging about 1400 cals, 17g,C, 67g P, 99g F) I gained back one of the two I lost. WTF? 2 lbs in 12, and now one gained back. I burst into tears I was so frustrated. I was so upset I ruined the rest of my family's mornings. LOL/UGH. I'm trying to not think of it as "good or bad" but just trying to press on. Don't get discouraged littlecrunchy1 !

Maybe that is just the way of it at this point? We deal with the water weight and then have to push while we wait for the body to burn the actual fat? How are you dealing with the keto flu?

I've been reading a lot on Reddit keto groups ( they are another great resource) and there is a lot of info about how important keeping up electrolytes are - that I hadn't been doing. Bought some "Lite" salt today for the potassium and am going to really amp up supplementing with that, sodium and magnesium. Are you keeping that kind of thing up? I'm also trying to drink more water. Not a big water person but going to set timers on my phone tomorrow. Hang in there!
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Day 5

Net carbs 46, 1010 cal and that was because I had eaten only 548 calories and was missing out on nutrients. Otherwise, I would have been at 23 net carbs. I ended up eating eggs and some honey roasted pecans.
  • lincolor100
    lincolor100 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Starting challenge a bit late but would like to stay at about 25 carbs a day and get in ketosis to see how i feel..Will try intermittent fasting starting breakfast at about 11 and dinner at 7 and seeing how i feel and hopefully lose this stuck on weight since perimenopause started. thanks Linda
  • lincolor100
    lincolor100 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Want to.lose about 10 and some stomach fat
  • lilysillycat
    lilysillycat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    5/13

total carb 33. tried really hard to stay under 40.
  • Balaga8611
    Balaga8611 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kindness and support after the loss of my friend. It means a lot to me!

I was able to pull myself back after my carb binge, and kept my carbs ultra low.
    Total carbs for Friday: 3g

Today I plan to increase my carb count a bit and include a few more veggies.
  • kpdover
    kpdover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    kpdover wrote: »
    Day 4 - 21 total carbs, 15 net carbs and 12 glasses water. I was over my calorie goal but was in the ER most of this afternoon/evening.

Hope all is well with ya!

Thank you! I had a horrible panic attack and had a carpal spasm in my left hand due to hyperventilating. I couldn't move my thumb or fingers. My hubby thought I was having a stroke so, off to the ER we went! Thank goodness that's all it was!
  • Fabulous50
    Fabulous50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    May 12
    40 carbs - 8 fiber = 32!
  • Fabulous50
    Options
    My struggle has always been eating enough protein -- 120 gr -- and drinking more than 8 glasses of water. That is what I am concentrating on this weekend.
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Fabulous50 wrote: »
    My struggle has always been eating enough protein -- 120 gr -- and drinking more than 8 glasses of water. That is what I am concentrating on this weekend.

Are you sure about that protein number? True keto is high fat, moderate protein, low carb. My percentage breakdown (everyone's different) is 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carb, so my protein is under 100 grams per day.
  • Fabulous50
    Options
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    Day 4 - 21 total carbs, 15 net carbs and 12 glasses water. I was over my calorie goal but was in the ER most of this afternoon/evening.

Hope all is well with ya!

Thank you! I had a horrible panic attack and had a carpal spasm in my left hand due to hyperventilating. I couldn't move my thumb or fingers. My hubby thought I was having a stroke so, off to the ER we went! Thank goodness that's all it was!

That sounds terrible! I recently bought a new tracker, called Spire. It tracks your breathing and really makes you aware of tension. That has helped me a lot to stay calm. Take good care of yourself!
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Part 1. Fasted for 19 hrs on nothing more than a bullet coffee and a shot of super greens. Was studying all day felt groovy didn't even notice not eating. I was in the zone.

Part 2. Dinning out for the first time. Went for Mexican steak fajita obviously no tortilla hold the beans and rice. Went heavy on the guacamole was soooo good. Couldn't resist a sip of sangria left more than half a glass behind.

Total cal. 1370
    Net carbs. 22g

• Zuzurillo
    Options
    AAARRRGGGG! Gained 1 lb again! I have been losing, then gaining, losing then gaining the same 2lbs over and over again for 16 days! Is anyone else experiencing anything like this??? Between here and Reddidt I have gotten confirmations that I am doing everything right but I can't figure out what is going on! I'm BEYOND frustrated!!!
  • gh8787
    gh8787 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hope I'm not too late to start. I just started yesterday and this is my first time doing a ketogenic diet. My starting weight is 144 and it would be awesome to lose 10 pounds this month. My daily calorie goal is 1500 and my net carb goal is 20.

Yesterday total carbs 19, net carbs 1.

What kind of exercise is everyone doing along with this?

Good luck :)
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    AAARRRGGGG! Gained 1 lb again! I have been losing, then gaining, losing then gaining the same 2lbs over and over again for 16 days! Is anyone else experiencing anything like this??? Between here and Reddidt I have gotten confirmations that I am doing everything right but I can't figure out what is going on! I'm BEYOND frustrated!!!

Look up "wooshes" - in a nutshell, some people when they start to lose weight, their body doesn't believe it, so instead of emptying fat cells, they fill up with water and wait for whatever is causing the fuel drop to pass. Eventually the body gets a clue and empties out all the water at once and you get a huge drop. I've had that pattern before - maintain for a month and drop 7 or more pounds seemingly out of nowhere. Could be that's what's happening with you too.
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

How about having a Carb Up day one day every two weeks or maybe even a week? Meaning you have a cheat day to throw your metabolism up, I saw a video on it, this super keto guy did that while doing a cut!

Also, are you eating at a calorie deficit?