True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Trust is a huge deal for me.. when it is broken...I will never look at that person the same again. My friend's list is about to experience a cleansing.

Thanks ladies.

I stole this from someone here ..
    sk3dbbsxn5gc.png

Good stuff, Jo.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    I confess I'd like to think I'd be missed if I weren't around. But I understand the reality is different. It's a hard concept to grasp sometimes.

I would miss you :)
  • _dixiana_
    edited May 2017
    I confess I'd like to think I'd be missed if I weren't around. But I understand the reality is different. It's a hard concept to grasp sometimes.

I think it's a natural underlying fear we all have. Not just for around here but in life as a whole. I know I do. I was just thinking about this the other day. We all want to be "important enough" that if we're gone our presence is missed. Because if we're not did that mean no one cared?

I would miss you, friend. You know that. And I would hope that, the ones on my FL at least, would miss me too.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    _dixiana_ wrote: »

I think it's a natural underlying fear we all have. Not just for around here but in life as a whole. I know I do. I was just thinking about this the other day. We all want to be "important enough" that if we're gone our presence is missed. Because if we're not did that mean no one cared?

I would miss you, friend. You know that. And I would hope that, the ones on my FL at least, would miss me too.

@_dixiana_ is one smart cookie. I agree with all of this.

@BowlingForHollars don't think for a minute you wouldn't be missed... that's just not true.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    You all think to much
  • _dixiana_
    I think smoothie bowls are dumb.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    I think smoothie bowls are dumb.

No u didn't
  • FeraFilia
    I confess I sent my husband outside with the kid just so my in-laws would follow and I could cook lunch in peace.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    edited May 2017

This place isn't important, it isn't a true reflection of who we are in our everyday lives. At your funeral, no one is going to mention anything about MFP. They will talk about the impact you made on your family, friends, co-workers, etc.... Don't base your self worth on this place.

Unless the person is one of the ones here that are married and are playing around with another MFP member, get caught and are murdered by your significant other in a fit of rage. Then MFP might get mentioned somewhere in the obit or at the trial. LOL.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    I confess..... I can't think of anything to confess today. :)
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    My confessions would be too difficult for the rest of you, so I'm taking one for the MFP and keeping them to myself :s:p
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    I confess that I like working on weekends because no one else is there
  • mechell007
    mechell007 Posts: 97 Member
    And here goes... I found myself bawling​ after receiving gifts/cards from my kids and hubs this morning. The breakdown was all about my oldest son whom I haven't seen in 3 1/2yrs. Signed over my rights because I mentally could not deal with having his father in my life in any context anymore. I never talk about it, especially to strangers. There's no excuse to abandon your child and even if others aren't, I judge me every day. I judge the fact I'm too afraid to even send birthday cards because what if his father decides to get in contact when I do.... I'm pathetic. Even though he has no clue, I miss him terribly and think about him every day. Some times I go stalk his dad online just to steal a recent picture of my son... I've missed so much. And I'm bawling​ again... Happy Mother's Day.
  • Girl_with_muscles
    Girl_with_muscles Posts: 64 Member
    mechell007 wrote: »
    And here goes... I found myself bawling​ after receiving gifts/cards from my kids and hubs this morning. The breakdown was all about my oldest son whom I haven't seen in 3 1/2yrs. Signed over my rights because I mentally could not deal with having his father in my life in any context anymore. I never talk about it, especially to strangers. There's no excuse to abandon your child and even if others aren't, I judge me every day. I judge the fact I'm too afraid to even send birthday cards because what if his father decides to get in contact when I do.... I'm pathetic. Even though he has no clue, I miss him terribly and think about him every day. Some times I go stalk his dad online just to steal a recent picture of my son... I've missed so much. And I'm bawling​ again... Happy Mother's Day.

Oh... Damn. I dont know what to say.
    I just wanna tell you you're super brave and I admire you.
    I hope you find the strength to reach out to him. Maybe you could ask your family to help you reach out without contacting your ex?

I wish I could hug you and cry with you. This is my nightmare.
  • mechell007
    mechell007 Posts: 97 Member

I hope you find the strength to reach out to him. Maybe you could ask your family to help you reach out without contacting your ex?

Thank you for that. If only, he has always refused to deal with anyone but me. One of the many things that pushed me over the edge. He would insist on actually speaking (not texting) to me, maybe because he knew it was a trigger... Idk. But I do hope I can build myself up to have the strength to reach out, regardless. It's my main goal.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member

Thank you for that. If only, he has always refused to deal with anyone but me. One of the many things that pushed me over the edge. He would insist on actually speaking (not texting) to me, maybe because he knew it was a trigger... Idk. But I do hope I can build myself up to have the strength to reach out, regardless. It's my main goal.

You can do this! And you will never regret it! Hugs to you! And happy Mother's Day!

smash
  • Girl_with_muscles

You've got this!! Do it for yourself, do it for him!
  • Autumnhovey757
    Autumnhovey757 Posts: 11 Member
    I see this is an old thread but I love the idea. So much light heartedness mixed with really serious stuff. I'm game.
  • Autumnhovey757
    I confess I hate my mother and have nothing to say to her today. My son hates me and I will not hear from him today either. My remaining child has no one to remind her to color me something today. This day sucks. It also sucks that I wrote many confessions on my previous post and nothing after the first enter key posted. Lol, You guys got cheated the good ones.
  • FeraFilia
    I confess I wish I was better equipped to help my friend's family, and my husband, in this situation. I just found out my friend's 4 month old nephew was found not breathing Friday night and died en route to the hospital and my husband is the one in charge of the memorial service. Heartbreaking.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I wish I was better equipped to help my friend's family, and my husband, in this situation. I just found out my friend's 4 month old nephew was found not breathing Friday night and died en route to the hospital and my husband is the one in charge of the memorial service. Heartbreaking.

Sorry to hear this. It IS heartbreaking. :'( Thats very sad.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    I confess that as much as I gripe about my mother in law and her actions toward me... she really is a good grandma to my son and I'm happy he's getting time with her.
    I can't stand my nutty MIL and avoid her as much as possible, even when she's staying. Gets very noticeable and awkward for my husband. I know it upsets him when I bad mouth her in front of our kids but I can't help it, but need to try harder for their sakes. She barely interacts with the kids and gives them clothes they will never ever wear cause it's her taste (which is terrible), not theirs. She rings every day but doesn't visit too often which is good because she's lazy and never helps with anything, just sits there watching me do her dishes. Grrrrrrrrrr.

• FeraFilia

Oh no this is so tragic. My biggest nightmare as a mother.

I feel so very bad for them... I can't even imagine. There's a tiny bit of hope in the tragedy though, because the baby was a match for another baby that needed a tissue and valve transplant on his heart. The family agreed, and the surgery, if successful, would save the other baby's life. It probably doesn't mean much now... but hopefully it will be a source of comfort down the road.
  • Autumnhovey757
    I confess I hate my mother and have nothing to say to her today. My son hates me and I will not hear from him today either. My remaining child has no one to remind her to color me something today. This day sucks. It also sucks that I wrote many confessions on my previous post and nothing after the first enter key posted. Lol, You guys got cheated the good ones.

This is a hard day for a lot of us. But it is just a day. Keep your head up. Hugs

It worked out. I got a one sentence email from my son and was shocked. Then my secondary bf showed up out of the blue and took me and my girl to Chili's. Oh yeah, I confess I am ployamorous and that my secondary got me to eat deep fried cauliflower buffalo thingies and blow 500 calories over my allowance tonight.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I confess I'm very anxious about being gone from my house for 10 hours today. It's my first day being gone for more than 2 hours since my house flooded last week.
  • Girl_with_muscles
    I confess I'm mad cause I don't get to eat the free donuts.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    I confess the feeling of loneliness has been lingering around me these last few days

if you need to talk - you know i'm here. besides, we can talk anime! and critique shows and stuff lol ;)
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    about 13 years ago I had bought a new car. I only had it for about a week and decided to stop at the bank to deposit my cheque. I walk to my car and begin to put the key into the lock. "Why is it not going in?" I think to myself. I then look into the back seat and see a child sitting there looking at me. Whoops.....same colour, looked similar, but wrong car! I slowly back away and then swiftly walk towards what was actually my car. Glad the parent didn't come out thinking I was trying to steal their car. haha

or steal their child hehe and why on earth was this child in the car Alone??