True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    mechell007 wrote: »
    And here goes... I found myself bawling​ after receiving gifts/cards from my kids and hubs this morning. The breakdown was all about my oldest son whom I haven't seen in 3 1/2yrs. Signed over my rights because I mentally could not deal with having his father in my life in any context anymore. I never talk about it, especially to strangers. There's no excuse to abandon your child and even if others aren't, I judge me every day. I judge the fact I'm too afraid to even send birthday cards because what if his father decides to get in contact when I do.... I'm pathetic. Even though he has no clue, I miss him terribly and think about him every day. Some times I go stalk his dad online just to steal a recent picture of my son... I've missed so much. And I'm bawling​ again... Happy Mother's Day.

Oh... Damn. I dont know what to say.
    I just wanna tell you you're super brave and I admire you.
    I hope you find the strength to reach out to him. Maybe you could ask your family to help you reach out without contacting your ex?

I wish I could hug you and cry with you. This is my nightmare.

Thank you for that. If only, he has always refused to deal with anyone but me. One of the many things that pushed me over the edge. He would insist on actually speaking (not texting) to me, maybe because he knew it was a trigger... Idk. But I do hope I can build myself up to have the strength to reach out, regardless. It's my main goal.

You can do this! And you will never regret it! Hugs to you! And happy Mother's Day!

smash
  • Girl_with_muscles
    Girl_with_muscles Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    And here goes... I found myself bawling​ after receiving gifts/cards from my kids and hubs this morning. The breakdown was all about my oldest son whom I haven't seen in 3 1/2yrs. Signed over my rights because I mentally could not deal with having his father in my life in any context anymore. I never talk about it, especially to strangers. There's no excuse to abandon your child and even if others aren't, I judge me every day. I judge the fact I'm too afraid to even send birthday cards because what if his father decides to get in contact when I do.... I'm pathetic. Even though he has no clue, I miss him terribly and think about him every day. Some times I go stalk his dad online just to steal a recent picture of my son... I've missed so much. And I'm bawling​ again... Happy Mother's Day.

Oh... Damn. I dont know what to say.
    I just wanna tell you you're super brave and I admire you.
    I hope you find the strength to reach out to him. Maybe you could ask your family to help you reach out without contacting your ex?

I wish I could hug you and cry with you. This is my nightmare.

Thank you for that. If only, he has always refused to deal with anyone but me. One of the many things that pushed me over the edge. He would insist on actually speaking (not texting) to me, maybe because he knew it was a trigger... Idk. But I do hope I can build myself up to have the strength to reach out, regardless. It's my main goal.

You've got this!! Do it for yourself, do it for him!
  • Autumnhovey757
    Autumnhovey757 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I see this is an old thread but I love the idea. So much light heartedness mixed with really serious stuff. I'm game.
  • Autumnhovey757
    Options
    I confess I hate my mother and have nothing to say to her today. My son hates me and I will not hear from him today either. My remaining child has no one to remind her to color me something today. This day sucks. It also sucks that I wrote many confessions on my previous post and nothing after the first enter key posted. Lol, You guys got cheated the good ones.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I wish I was better equipped to help my friend's family, and my husband, in this situation. I just found out my friend's 4 month old nephew was found not breathing Friday night and died en route to the hospital and my husband is the one in charge of the memorial service. Heartbreaking.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I wish I was better equipped to help my friend's family, and my husband, in this situation. I just found out my friend's 4 month old nephew was found not breathing Friday night and died en route to the hospital and my husband is the one in charge of the memorial service. Heartbreaking.

Sorry to hear this. It IS heartbreaking. :'( Thats very sad.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I confess that as much as I gripe about my mother in law and her actions toward me... she really is a good grandma to my son and I'm happy he's getting time with her.
    I can't stand my nutty MIL and avoid her as much as possible, even when she's staying. Gets very noticeable and awkward for my husband. I know it upsets him when I bad mouth her in front of our kids but I can't help it, but need to try harder for their sakes. She barely interacts with the kids and gives them clothes they will never ever wear cause it's her taste (which is terrible), not theirs. She rings every day but doesn't visit too often which is good because she's lazy and never helps with anything, just sits there watching me do her dishes. Grrrrrrrrrr.

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options

Oh no this is so tragic. My biggest nightmare as a mother.

I feel so very bad for them... I can't even imagine. There's a tiny bit of hope in the tragedy though, because the baby was a match for another baby that needed a tissue and valve transplant on his heart. The family agreed, and the surgery, if successful, would save the other baby's life. It probably doesn't mean much now... but hopefully it will be a source of comfort down the road.
  • Autumnhovey757
    Options
    I confess I hate my mother and have nothing to say to her today. My son hates me and I will not hear from him today either. My remaining child has no one to remind her to color me something today. This day sucks. It also sucks that I wrote many confessions on my previous post and nothing after the first enter key posted. Lol, You guys got cheated the good ones.

This is a hard day for a lot of us. But it is just a day. Keep your head up. Hugs

It worked out. I got a one sentence email from my son and was shocked. Then my secondary bf showed up out of the blue and took me and my girl to Chili's. Oh yeah, I confess I am ployamorous and that my secondary got me to eat deep fried cauliflower buffalo thingies and blow 500 calories over my allowance tonight.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm very anxious about being gone from my house for 10 hours today. It's my first day being gone for more than 2 hours since my house flooded last week.
  • Girl_with_muscles
    Girl_with_muscles Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm mad cause I don't get to eat the free donuts.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    I confess the feeling of loneliness has been lingering around me these last few days

if you need to talk - you know i'm here. besides, we can talk anime! and critique shows and stuff lol ;)
  • Svanel
    Options
    about 13 years ago I had bought a new car. I only had it for about a week and decided to stop at the bank to deposit my cheque. I walk to my car and begin to put the key into the lock. "Why is it not going in?" I think to myself. I then look into the back seat and see a child sitting there looking at me. Whoops.....same colour, looked similar, but wrong car! I slowly back away and then swiftly walk towards what was actually my car. Glad the parent didn't come out thinking I was trying to steal their car. haha

or steal their child hehe and why on earth was this child in the car Alone??
  • Svanel
    Options
    I confess, after hearing *again* from my mother that my family is excited to see me because they've heard about my weight loss and that they are proud of me... I am incredibly nervous about showing up and still being fat and disappointing them. 70 pounds lost is a lot, and it's awesome... I know that. But I can't help but feel like they'll see all the work still left to do and not all the work already done.

it doesn't matter what they "see". it Does matter what YOU see and what YOU think. You put in the work and I can only imagine the discipline it took to lose 70 pounds! That is a fantastic achievement!! BE PROUD!! Never let someone else's opinion or possible opinion affect your end goal. Good job!! <3
  • Svanel
    Options
    I finished my first 5k today and it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't run as hard as I could have since I've been sick this week, but managed about a 10 and a half minute mile. I'll take it for the first time.

that's awesome!! Great first time! I signed up for a 10k in Vegas in November and I'm wondering if I'll even be able to run it lol I think I'll be fine but still. I'm more of a weights, lift heavy *kitten* kinda gal not a cardio bunny. so i'm scared hehe :D
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess that I let other people's actions impact my mental state way too much. I am working on my don't give a *kitten* attitude, but I kind of suck at it

There are so many clever sayings regarding no *kitten* given... one of my favorites is "take a look inside my bag of *kitten*. You see it's empty? That means I have no *kitten* to give you." LOL
  • Svanel
    Options
    I confess that I let other people's actions impact my mental state way too much. I am working on my don't give a *kitten* attitude, but I kind of suck at it

There are so many clever sayings regarding no *kitten* given... one of my favorites is "take a look inside my bag of *kitten*. You see it's empty? That means I have no *kitten* to give you." LOL

"oh wait, here's one more..." hehe not really :D i'm also bad at that
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    Svanel wrote: »

"oh wait, here's one more..." hehe not really :D i'm also bad at that

Or what about "sorry, I'm all out of *kitten* today."
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

I have seen a lot of these and they make me laugh. I have quoted a few too, but truth is that I care far too much about almost everything. I need a dickhead life coach or something

I used to be the same way. I always put others before myself and cared way to much. Then I realized that no one would ever do that for me, so I needed to look out for myself.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I am really bad at spelling, it's kinda embarrassing. Spell check doesn't know what I'm trying to say sometimes. I often have to use Google to to tell me "did you mean..."