New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    katadx wrote: »
    I've finished both pints of halo top I tried (cookie dough and smores) And I've gotta say I love the cookie dough but will not be buying smores again. The Smores flavor tastes really fake to me. Not sure if it's from the attempt to mimic marshmallow flavor or the graham bits. Its still good, but not compared to the numerous other flavors. I can't reccomend this flavor!

My thoughts too!

Did anyone try the new Cookies and Cream pints?

Yes. It's very disappointing. The cookies are pulverized into crumbs and mixed into a slurry and just has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I'm glad I got Lemon Cake waiting in the deep freezer.

Is that the new version or the old version though? I read on Twitter yesterday that they changed the formula of that one too. I tried it before, and I liked it ok, just wondering if this one is different (I believe the calories haven't changed, but I might be wrong).
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I've finished both pints of halo top I tried (cookie dough and smores) And I've gotta say I love the cookie dough but will not be buying smores again. The Smores flavor tastes really fake to me. Not sure if it's from the attempt to mimic marshmallow flavor or the graham bits. Its still good, but not compared to the numerous other flavors. I can't reccomend this flavor!

My thoughts too!

Yes. It's very disappointing. The cookies are pulverized into crumbs and mixed into a slurry and just has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I'm glad I got Lemon Cake waiting in the deep freezer.

Is that the new version or the old version though? I read on Twitter yesterday that they changed the formula of that one too. I tried it before, and I liked it ok, just wondering if this one is different (I believe the calories haven't changed, but I might be wrong).

I saw that, too. The calories haven't changed which makes it near impossible to tell which pint you're trying which personally I felt was a bad decision on their end, they should have changed something on the pint to let us know! What she described sounds like how it's always been, so I guess time will tell if any of us have a different experience -.-
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    350wi1v.jpg
    Not sure what's in the "steakhouse seasonings" but these are some tasty green beans.

Do these taste anything like the green beans Outback Steakhouse used to have? (Hoping you've had them . . .) I haven't been back since they stopped serving them. It is odd that the entire reason I went to a steakhouse was green beans?

I don't think I've had the Outback green beans so I can't say :( Lol not weird! I have been known to not go to a restaurant if they stopped serving something that was my favorite.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

My thoughts too!

I saw that, too. The calories haven't changed which makes it near impossible to tell which pint you're trying which personally I felt was a bad decision on their end, they should have changed something on the pint to let us know! What she described sounds like how it's always been, so I guess time will tell if any of us have a different experience -.-

Did any of the other nutrition facts change like sugar/protein/etc? Like when quest changed the formula lol. Companies should stay with what works if people love it!
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Tried the Icon Meals protein bread this week. For 15 grams of protein per slice it's really tasty. Here's a pic of my grilled chicken with bacon mayo sandwich. Also had the mint chocolate protein popcorn. Awesome!
    t2su1x1yt4vi.jpg

Do you have a recipe for your sandwich....looks yummy!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    Tried the Quest Cinnamon Crunch protein powder last night. It is so good! I just mixed it with almond milk, but I'm definitely going to try it other ways. It does taste like Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been wanting to try it but it's a teeny bit less protein than the peanut butter (which I LOVE) and a few more carbs. And then I tell myself that doesn't matter and the internal debate begins. I'll pick some up.

I bought a whole tub blind and was a bit worried, but it's delicious.

Okay, @quiksylver296, are you one of those weirdo's that likes to drink the dregs at the bottom of a cereal bowl? 'Cause that's exactly what this felt/tasted like to me. Never again!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tried the Quest Cinnamon Crunch protein powder last night. It is so good! I just mixed it with almond milk, but I'm definitely going to try it other ways. It does taste like Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been wanting to try it but it's a teeny bit less protein than the peanut butter (which I LOVE) and a few more carbs. And then I tell myself that doesn't matter and the internal debate begins. I'll pick some up.

Okay, @quiksylver296, are you one of those weirdo's that likes to drink the dregs at the bottom of a cereal bowl? 'Cause that's exactly what this felt/tasted like to me. Never again!

Really?!? I think it's awesome. Did you buy a whole tub?
  • leajas1
    Options

I had to order it on line because the GNC I went to was sold out (lots of people love it, apparently). But while I was there I got a sample pack since I had it planned for today. I'll definitely be returning the tub when I get it. The flavor was good, but with the chunks, it's exactly like drinking the leftover used milk at the bottom of a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal bowl. That is a huge no-no for me. Along with drinking/eating melted ice cream at the bottom of a cup.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I had to order it on line because the GNC I went to was sold out (lots of people love it, apparently). But while I was there I got a sample pack since I had it planned for today. I'll definitely be returning the tub when I get it. The flavor was good, but with the chunks, it's exactly like drinking the leftover used milk at the bottom of a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal bowl. That is a huge no-no for me. Along with drinking/eating melted ice cream at the bottom of a cup.

I'm glad you don't have a whole tub going to waste. I thought the crunchies were fun. They disappear/melt when you make proats, which made me :'(
  • leajas1
    Options

I'm glad you don't have a whole tub going to waste. I thought the crunchies were fun. They disappear/melt when you make proats, which made me :'(

Oh...now that's an interesting idea. I have one more sample pack left - I'll def try those in overnight oats. I usually don't like protein powder in my food, but it's worth a try! Thanks!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Oh...now that's an interesting idea. I have one more sample pack left - I'll def try those in overnight oats. I usually don't like protein powder in my food, but it's worth a try! Thanks!

Tip! Mix the powder with the liquid BEFORE adding to the oats. The powder will clump and be gross if you try to add the powder to wet oats.
  • leajas1
    Options

Tip! Mix the powder with the liquid BEFORE adding to the oats. The powder will clump and be gross if you try to add the powder to wet oats.
    Awesome, thanks!
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    2bassets wrote: »
    Tried the Icon Meals protein bread this week. For 15 grams of protein per slice it's really tasty. Here's a pic of my grilled chicken with bacon mayo sandwich. Also had the mint chocolate protein popcorn. Awesome!
    t2su1x1yt4vi.jpg

How does the bread taste? Like while wheat, White Wheat? Rye? Etc.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Went to Taco Bell to try the new chicken chips and I agree they taste exactly like the naked chicken chalupa. My boyfriend went with me so luckily I could steal one of his and use the rest of my calories towards something else, but he seemed to love the cheese sauce for whatever reason. I also tried their new Mountain Dew Lemonade freeze thing with cactus juice, and it tasted just like a lemonade soda slushie. Neither of them are anything I'd recommend.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    21mdusi.jpg
    I like these better than their corn muffins. They do taste a little processed, but they fit my muffin craving without being 500 calories. They're pretty good!

dhcpyc.png
    These are delicious. For a frozen fish filet, I was super impressed.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited May 2017
    Options
    0uhg8aw4rllx.jpg
    gb6pwk0632px.jpg
    WOW 10/10 very very good. I bought on a whim because never saw before and WOW! I don't really like the other zone bars but this was fantastic. Super fudgey chocolate flavor with lots of marshmallow. Usually the "chocolate marshmallow" bars I've gotten before dont really taste that good and are kinda boring but this was delicious.
  • hgycta
    Options
    It's about time.
    imosifhw1qyw.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It's about time.
    imosifhw1qyw.png

Still quest.. still probably won't be that good, lol. But that's probably salted caramel.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    It's about time.
    imosifhw1qyw.png

Still quest.. still probably won't be that good, lol. But that's probably salted caramel.

surprised it took them that long to jump on the salted caramel bandwagon. They don't even have a chocolate caramel nuts bar which is surprising because they are all about marketing and they know people eat up anything with chocolate/caramel in the name lol.