Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options

PS - Sara - I think I'm reading post way above to mean you have doctor's appointment tomorrow (Wednesday) and may know more after that. I'm going with you in spirit.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Welcome Patti - you would have been called PACO.... :) stop by and post when you can.

Will see pcp tomorrow. Face is feeling better. Will see what dr says. I get her lunch break tomorrow. I am afraid of my shadow at the moment, so I will be glad to speak to dr and see what feedback she has.

Called pedicurist to get in earlier - dont want to walk into clinic in flip flops, not too steady on them - only wear them on pedicure days.

Put too much liquid in quiche and have scrambled egg on the bottom of my oven. Oh well. It should be ready soon and will be dinner.

Glad for the rest of the last couple of days.

Chocolate question - for me it is a treat/reward - I am having hot chocolate as I have the calories and it is a comfort - Dawn do you eat chocolate for the same reason?

Curling up with dog /hot chocolate / hot water bottle with Miss Tillie under Lana's Palm Tree to watch netflix dvd that was in mail.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning.

Hair,nail and pcp apt today. Go from doing almost nothing to running around. Work again tomorrow.

Dog up and fed - rained quite a bit yesterday and it is cooler than normal. Curling up with dog will not be hard.

Quiche and sweet potatoes ready for rest of week. Have new glass pie pan, so when I 'prick" the pie crust before baking it wont leak ......couldnt figure out why it was doing that to me - I had a metal pie pan in the past.......

Missy - good to hear from you. Glad your new job is working out so well.

Will check back in after pcp apt. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Ladies~~

Missy - So glad you could stop by, and super glad that you are happy with the change at work. It's a big deal when we can enjoy our work and get along with the other people! A blessing really.

Sara --will be looking later to hear from you.

Waving to everybody else who stops by~~

Lana

*tossing bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

I have been very occasionally using the free version of the MFP app on my phone and sometimes on my computer.

Do any of you pay for and have the upgraded enhanced version? I'm going to dig around and try to understand what you get extra for when you pay for it......

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hmmm.
    For $50 per YEAR, one can have the enhanced MFP version.

Good grief, Weight Watchers is $45 per month!--understanding that that covers meetings too. Still from a strictly money point of view, $50 per year is affordable for me. Hmm.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana/ Sara - I LOVE chocolate... usually, I can resist it... but, lately, I've been seeking it out... just finished TOM, and that may be a factor.. but, I really think it's stress related... visited Gpa this weekend and it was very rough... Will fill in more later...
    Gotta get back to work...
    Have a great day!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I've been putting off saying anything...I'm torn and broken hearted... first visit to nursing home, Saturday evening...the tears just wouldn't stop... no matter how hard I tried... I'd wipe them away, just for them to start again...Grandpa was crying, cuz he was so confused... he didn't know any of us at first...I think that was what got to him...I had stopped by his favorite restaurant in my town and got him food... his eyes lit up when he saw it... that made my day... went back on Sunday and it was better... for me and him... he says, everyone is nice to him, he "just don't much like it" he wants to come home so bad... Mom told me, right away, "Do not discuss Grandpa coming home. Grandma does not want him dying in the house" and, this is why I'm torn...I love my Grandparents so very much... Grandma is not wanting to visit him, because every time she leaves, he cries and wants to come home... she is also afraid, she may have to care for him alone and she physically can not...I just hate thinking of him being all alone, in a place where he's so unhappy... and, the staff are, rough with the patients...the place is so gloomy... they are trying to get him on Medicaid, then Mom will discuss more bringing him home, with Grandma... just afraid, that's going to take too long...I just don't know the correct/ best answer... this is so hard...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, this process with your grandparents happens a lot. Because you are a grandchild, there may not be much you can do - taking him food he liked was a great idea. Hang in there and dont beat yourself up over it. Crying is never a bad thing (while you are driving..... another story), dont feel guilty.

PCP visit was productive - do not have to take BP meds as my numbers were under 140/90 for once in that office.... and when I offered to have dental notes sent to dr - my hunch that it might be jaw/dental related is a strong option.

Dinner may be late as I am heating up a sweet potato and have a hard boiled egg waiting.

Will bring Miss T by, she is done eating - to sunbathe under Lana's Palm Tree -
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    one last thought - bought quick oatmeal instead of old fashioned rolled oats (wasnt paying attention) and so I have oatmeal that has the consistency of wall paper paste - one good thing is that I dont have to chew it as much!!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - thank you for your kind thoughts... crying isn't so bad...I was just trying to be strong for Grandpa... miserable fail
    Great news on BP! Good hunch thinking dental... let us know
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - glad that you had good bp numbers at the doctor and that there was no bad news. However, wall paper paste oatmeal IS bad news. Ew. Good luck. :P

Dawn - Oh gosh the situation with your grandfather is just so so difficult for everyone. The worst part is the "they are rough with him" part. Visit when you can, and take him food that he likes, and that's what you can do, and it will mean a lot to both you and your grandfather.
    Big, big hugs dear.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Back to work. Will not hurt myself too much working as my Supervisor was more worried about her numbers and not my health......Had to weigh myself at clinic - down 0.6 so I have lost 2.8 since beginning of April. Walking breaks.......

Will try and call dentist before Saturday to let him know what happened and what pcp is thinking about night guard.

PB2 in oatmeal might help.....

Will lurk from work.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday

I'm sorry I have been reading all of your posts but not posting. Not sure why. Just busy, I guess.

Weighed myself Monday and the number wasn't too scary, Tuesday I had a nice loss, and then Wednesday & today the number is creeping back up. I've been tracking and also got in two walks on the treadmill. But I admit there has been too much sugar and artificial sweeteners. Today I'm back to no coffee with creamer and no candy. I'll eat my points in other ways. Lots of water.

Eyes are a little better and skin around eyes seems to be healing. But still plenty of itching yet.

Weather is not so great through the weekend, so planning lots of indoor time doing spring cleaning. Also keeps me out of the pollen. Kids have a couple of activities/events but should leave plenty of time to do housework.

Sara - I'm so glad you are doing okay and seem to have a direction to explore. Good news on your BP!

Dawn - sending prayers for you, your grandpa and grandma, and the rest of the family!

Missy - glad to hear your job is going well.

Lana - hope you are doing well, gaining strength and energy.

Will lurk from work.

Annie
  • ChasDomenici
    ChasDomenici Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm new here! I've started and deleted accounts on both MFP and loseit so many times just in the last month. I am having a really hard time sticking with this process. I'm usually a pretty dedicated person, I don't know why this is so hard. I'm a stay at home wife and mom of two older kids, and have all the time in the world to be healthy so you'd think this would be easy for me. But, I've gained 50 pounds in the last two years and am becoming really depressed about it. I'm praying and hoping that by following a couple threads in here I can be more accountable and focused on losing weight. So .....anyways, good morning and God bless :)
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I haven't checked-in in a few days. Yesterday was my anniversary. It was a really tough day as far as eating goes. I went over my calories by 100. It could have been worse. I'm not kicking myself. Today is a new day.

I hope everyone has a good day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Good morning Ladies~~

Sara - Congrats on your downward scale success! That is something to be very proud of!
    Waving to Annie and QPMomma

Welcome to ChasD~~

Time to plan out what I am eating today. Must plan! It needs to be a "slim" day because there was some middle of the night muffin eating. Thankfully there was only one muffin in the freezer, and that danger is now gone.

We must keep our homes as "safe" as possible.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options

Dawn - Oh gosh the situation with your grandfather is just so so difficult for everyone. The worst part is the "they are rough with him" part. Visit when you can, and take him food that he likes, and that's what you can do, and it will mean a lot to both you and your grandfather.
    Big, big hugs dear.

Lana[/quote]

Lana - thank you so much...I am trying to make as many trips as I can, as often as I can... and, I am going to bring all the goodies that I can, until he can no longer enjoy them...
    Big, big hugs back to you...
    Thank you
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - thank you so much... it's a very rough time, for sure..
    Sugary treats are a such a weakness of mine... stay strong... you'll get it figured out and back on track... keep up the walking, don't worry too much about the number...I'm sure you're doing great!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    good evening,

Tired after first day back, thinking was harder than I thought!!

ChasD - stop by and post when you can.

Annie/Dawn - I had to stop eating sugar based snacks at work. I dont realize how much I can eat while I work as I am semi-distracted trying to multi- task.

Evening winding down - wishing all a great night.