I hate when people scrutize my food

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    So I had 2 oz of tuna for lunch today...with another 350 calories of other stuff to round it out.

Hope it was a plate of bacon

Actually, it was a kale salad :smile:

A local supermarket had a sale on everything bacon last week and I bought bacon-cheddar burgers, bacon wrapped chicken thighs, bacon wrapped tuna, and bacon cheddar ravioli. It's all gone except the remnants of the ravioli, which we are polishing off tonight.

The bacon wrapped chicken thighs didn't grill very well - I think he started on too high a heat.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    You said you were hungry and then you were eating very little. I would have also offered to share my food with you for the same reasons. I'm sure she went on longer than she should have, but it's not hard to figure out why she said something.

Nobody said anything to the young, thin assistant in the room eating a big bowl of lettuce. Just lettuce.

How big was the bowl? lol. Unless it was HUGE I'd probably had said something to her too...like why just lettuce? and how? I'd be so bored. Bland. bleh. lol

I eat lettuce with hot sauce. Would you really say something to me?

With hot sauce it is not just lettuce. Hot sauce itself is a meal... It's like a delicious spicy soup. lol. Well, not really, but it is amazing.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    So I had 2 oz of tuna for lunch today...with another 350 calories of other stuff to round it out.

Tuna with bacon?

Ill take the bacon hold the tuna please
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    You said you were hungry and then you were eating very little. I would have also offered to share my food with you for the same reasons. I'm sure she went on longer than she should have, but it's not hard to figure out why she said something.

Nobody said anything to the young, thin assistant in the room eating a big bowl of lettuce. Just lettuce.

Did she talk about being hungry right before that? You appear to have taken this extremely personally. As I said, it sounds like she should have let it go, but you seem really defensive about this. And what does your weight have to do with it?

I didn't take anything personally at all. That's an odd thing to surmise. I mentioned my weight because I'm clearly not anorexic.
    Whether it's a small amount of food or a huge amount, it was rude to bring up and NOT drop. This wasn't a friend of mine.

I am overweight and BMI is obese and I have bulimia (binging then excessive exercise or fasting) and even if I'm at this moment recovered if I went back to it I would have an eating disorder and be overweight and need treatment or help from family. So yeah your weight doesn't matter. Anorexia isn't the only eating disorder. Eating a few hundred calories a day with no medical reason even if you are 300lbs is an eating disorder - period.

She has already stated multiple times she is under medical care due to surgery of her esophagus.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options

Tuna with bacon?

Fresh tuna wrapped in bacon and grilled is yummy!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    i don't understand why a co worker i.e; stranger would think they could make headway with someone who they think is under eating ..starving.. broke.. or suspect has an eating disorder. Especially in a group setting.

I get why you were annoyed.

Now, if someone in your family or a close friend brings it up.. they have the right to ask questions and be concerned.

Because everyone is different. Sometimes a stranger can make a difference. Not for me, but for some people, yes, anyone caring is a good thing.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options

Tuna with bacon?

Fresh tuna is way different than canned. I bet wrapped in bacon is really good!
  • Verity1111
    Options

How big was the bowl? lol. Unless it was HUGE I'd probably had said something to her too...like why just lettuce? and how? I'd be so bored. Bland. bleh. lol

Why would you comment about someone's "salad"?
    You'd say, "bleh" ? You sound great. Lol

Uh did I say Id SAY bleh no. I said Id say something to her as well. Then dots hinting a pause. I would be thinking BLEH. Youre assuming Id say "lol" as well? Because people walk around saying lol? There were dots. And sorry but lettuce is not salad by the most accepted definition:

sal·ad
    ˈsaləd/Submit
    noun
    a cold dish of various mixtures of raw or cooked vegetables, usually seasoned with oil, vinegar, or other dressing and sometimes accompanied by meat, fish, or other ingredients.

No combination when it's just lettuce not even any dressing. It's just lettuce.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I can't assume whether someone is eating 500-3000 calories a day just by 2 oz of tuna or a leaf of lettuce. Who knows what they had for breakfast or will have at home. We are so busy at work, so many of us hardly have time to eat during the day apart from snacking here and there.

Yeah but again... OP said she was hungry! Then she ate almost nothing.

Context, people.

I had a woman argue with me in a cafe after i ate half a slice of toast and a bit of scrambled egg in a cafe
    She kept on about ordering stuff and not eating. I told her repeatedly i had been hungry when i ordered but was now full. I explained i had a gastric bypass etc

In the end i had to explain how sometimes foods stick and restriction means i cannot eat more

Her throw away comment was next time order a kids meal ( her colleague refused that as im over 12 years old)

All this was said with everyone listening.

Even with context its still not ok to badger another person about thier choices

I remain skeptical that badgering actually occurred vs. someone being nice and asking if she wanted to get food.

Asking once may be nice, repeatedly asking, especially in front of a group in the workplace is always inappropriate.
  • Verity1111
    Options

Lettuce isn't a salad.....its just lettuce. And, you just commented on the "young, thin" assistant.

With that in mind at least they said it out loud. If you're thinking it in your head that's worse. At least say something to my face. What's so bad that you're keeping it in? IJS. It's just lunch. It isn't that darn serious.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Somze wrote: »
    Invading someone's privacy by questioning their food choices in public is not okay. But if I had a coworker who weighed 200 pounds and opted for 2 oz of tuna for lunch, I would have assumed that they are dangerously starving themselves in order to lose weight. I would have just asked in private.

c4d86a37da9b9927f85efbe143263cb4.jpg
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options

Tuna with bacon?

That sounds nice, i was picturing the canned flaked tuna we get here in the uk
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Is this post really under General Diet and Weight Loss Help? Do you need help with your diet of tuna? I am not understanding obviously..
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options

agreed. WTF? why do you feel the need to comment on anyone's food? especially in the work place.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I can't assume whether someone is eating 500-3000 calories a day just by 2 oz of tuna or a leaf of lettuce. Who knows what they had for breakfast or will have at home. We are so busy at work, so many of us hardly have time to eat during the day apart from snacking here and there.

Context, people.

I had a woman argue with me in a cafe after i ate half a slice of toast and a bit of scrambled egg in a cafe
    She kept on about ordering stuff and not eating. I told her repeatedly i had been hungry when i ordered but was now full. I explained i had a gastric bypass etc

In the end i had to explain how sometimes foods stick and restriction means i cannot eat more

Her throw away comment was next time order a kids meal ( her colleague refused that as im over 12 years old)

I remain skeptical that badgering actually occurred vs. someone being nice and asking if she wanted to get food.

Asking once may be nice, repeatedly asking, especially in front of a group in the workplace is always inappropriate.

Yeah, I agree (and I think I said so way upthread). But this goes back to us only having one side of the story and OP seeming to be bothered by any comment (and no one saying anything about the salad woman). So did an innocuous, well-meaning comment get blown up in OP's mind as her being badgered and called out?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Context, people.

Yeah, I agree (and I think I said so way upthread). But this goes back to us only having one side of the story and OP seeming to be bothered by any comment (and no one saying anything about the salad woman). So did an innocuous, well-meaning comment get blown up in OP's mind as her being badgered and called out?

True, we only have one side of the story. We can choose whether to believe it or think it a lie.