Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @sand86802 thanks! I took this pic in Milan; it's the Arco Della Pace ... which I guess means Arch of Peace.
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Truth Thursday - @christinenesbitt3 I am the exact same way. Everyday I weight myself, compare my progress, and almost incessantly cycle through checking my various social media platforms where I am posting my journey (MFP, DietBet, Instagram, FitBit). Part of me wants to break away from the obsession element. But another part of me thinks that my obsession is the only thing that is keeping me going.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Birgit
    Height: 6'0"

SW: 193.6
    GW: between 182 &185 (which will be "healthy BMI" and maintenance range

April 26: 192.4
    May 3: 188.6
    May10: 190.6
    May 17: 192.8
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 1:

Weight +/- this week: +2.2
    Weight +/- total this Challenge: -0.8

Geesh - totally going in the wrong direction here, two weeks in a row! Can't keep doing that!

Was visiting my Mom for 5 days over the weekend. She no longer cooks and has really very little food in the house. My brother was visiting as well from Miami (we are in process of packing Mom up to move closer to me at the end of this month). So, between 1) being out of regular routine, 2) not much food in the house, 3) hanging out with brother who LOOOVES going out to eat, 4) insufficient exercise for the duration, 5) feeling stressed about moving our Mom out of the housing environment she has loved and thrived in for the past 25 years, and 6) just making bad food choices I ended up with another gain this week.

Back on track!!!! Next week will show a decent loss once again. Have a great week, all of you.
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Name: Linda
    Height: 5 ft 2

Weight on Feb 19th - 322lbs or 23 stone in the language of my people

Start Weight (week of April 19): 303.5lbs
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): 288.5lbs

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26: 303.5lbs
    2. May 3: 304.5lbs
    3. May 10: 301.75 lbs
    4. May 17: 305lbs (birthday week)
    5. May 24:
    6. May 31:
    7. June 7:
    8. June 14:
    9. June 21:
    10. June 28:
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1:

Weight -/+ this week: +4lbs
    Weight -/+ total: +1.5lbs :#:#

As someone else said, letting down the team batting average big time. In the phraseology of that weird British (and other countries') game, cricket, I shouldn't have been allowed out of the pavilion.
    Really sorry, team. 60th birthday last week, and even though I did not eat or drink outrageously, and we took some long walks, 5lbs went on and it is being the very devil to shift. I am so cross, I actually logged the excesses to the best of my ability, and I ate nowhere near the extra calories that 5lbs gain would require. It is now Thursday, I was back on track by Sunday, spent hours doing heavy gardening on Saturday and Sunday too. We have had heavy rain for nearly three days since, so only today have I got out for a good walk.

Ah well, I had a fabulous time with family over my birthday, life must be lived. So there to a temporary gain! :D
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 Thank you for your kind words and prayers. I wept too when I put them side by side, just a little tear
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thursday Truth ... I've started to write my post today on 3 different occasions and deleted it without posting because I'm not saying what I want to say, or in the way I want to present it. That's cause there are a couple or three things on my mind, and all of them are Thursday Truth worthy. Still, I think I've settle one one thing that won't take too much longer to talk about.

Dr Richard K Bernstein wrote a book about low carbohydrate eating to address the issues of Diabeties ... he is a Type 1 ... so I discount some of what he says as being more applicable to another Type I person rather than the Insulin Resistant Type II that I am. However, today I caught a a recent video interview with him and he said something that can be applied to my situation ... if I have the discipline to administer and follow through on it.

Consistency ... not in the type of consistency I have been employing, which has, indeed, improved both my weight and my blood sugar profile but has had more to do with how I do things and not with what I eat. This new consistency is to eat the same amount of protein and carb at my meals, day-in and day-out. Being a low-carb proponent, he recommends no more than 6 grams vegetable carbs at breakfast, and no more than 12 vegetable carb grams at lunch and at dinner. The rest of the meal should come from protein. But ... that's not what struck me. What struck me was his recommendation that the food a diabetic consumes needs to be the same from day to day. So, if I like eggs as a protein, then it's eggs every morning in the same proportion from one breakfast to the next. If I like salad for lunch, then it's salad every day. Not only that, when I choose a food, it needs to be tested for it's glucose spike and load on me before I decide that I can have an alternate protein at that meal. Thus, if I want to have a sausage instead of an egg, I need to test it out to see if I can have 1 ounce of sausage in place of 1 egg or it has to be less.

Interesting. Thought provoking. Difficult to implement but not impossible.

PS ... oh yes, he doesn't approve of fruit unless its an avocado. (But I wonder why he excluded the fruit tomato.) The 'vegetable' recommendation is for fibrous vegetable that has a low carb count and a slow digestion rate. ... but to get the list you need to buy his book.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @pneschich - congrats, and you are an inspiration to all of us. I hope your lady is feeling better.
    I have been considering my future for the last few days. Although my cardiac doctor has been very upbeat with me when I ask her questions, when I read the summary of my last visit it sounded much worse than what she told me. I am beginning to be pessimistic regarding my future improvement. That being said, I am wondering if I want to spend the rest of my life at work, and drop dead on the job from a heart attack. The obvious answer to that question is a resounding NO!
    I am considering applying for disability retirement, though that would cut my income in half at least. I have many things I still want to do, including traveling around the country. I can't do that if I'm tied to work. Under normal circumstances, the minimum I would have to continue working at my present job to get full retirement would be 9 more years. I don't know if I have that much longer, frankly.
    I do have bills I have to pay, a small mortgage, and credit cards. I don't know if I can afford to take disability, but can I afford not to, if I want quality of life? I just don't know. I probably need to talk to a financial advisor.
    I will be doing my weekly weigh-in tomorrow, hopefully it will be good news. I've been tracking regularly and while I still have problems with late night snacking, it's nothing like it used to be and I don't think I've gone too far over my calorie budget. Sodium, well that's a different story, still struggling with that.
    Tracy
    TX
  • Bcally64
    Bcally64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, looking for motivation.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @Bcally64 You've come to the right spot. Jump in and start posting and reading and I know you will be inspired and motivated by all the wonderful folks on this site! Welcome! Holly
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness ... or not! I went by the Euro Deli today to pick up a bottle of unrefined sunflower oil that I cannot get at my local supermarkets (they just got a new shipment in yesterday) ... and they had on display several items that I find hard to resist because they bring back memories of my childhood foodstuffs ... so I decided to indulge myself and get some items. I know I won't be back to that store for several months because I know I cannot shop there often or I will not be able to resist the impulse to buy stuff I don't want to eat very often. I came home with:
    1 ... a salt cured herring to make herring tidbits (these are packed in oil, not vinegar like the kind I can buy at the supermarket). And when I got home I cleaned the fish and packed it with sliced onions in some of that sunflower oil to put into the fridge. Actually, that fish might be a mackeral, but they both taste the same when done. Now, all I need do is boil a potato in it's skin, peel the potato and enjoy a herring and potato snack. Just a couple tidbits of that fish is all that is needed to satisfy this particular craving for weeks, and the fish will keep a long time in the fridge.
    2 ... a pound package of properly dried and non-sulfured apricots ... stored away under lock and key at home!
    3 ... a half pound block of tahini halva ... I have loved this confection as long as we can remember!
    4 ... a Kobanosy ... a long skinny smoked sausage stick that is probably the very best Polish smoked meat product you can have. I bought two sticks ... but should have only gotten one because each stick is about 3 ounces of shear delight, and so is hard to resist.

So ... as I look over my purchases they have something in common besides being very much beloved ... they are either high in sugar, high if fat, high in salt, or a combination! ... Triple the reason why I need to stay away from my favorite import store.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Name: Jeanie
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (starting later): 250.4 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 240 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - out of town; couldn't weigh
    2. May 3 - 250.4 lbs
    3. May 10 - don't remember.. I'm not doing too good this month.
    4. May 17 - 249.8
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Aww @Nikion901 - those items are comfort food because they are part of your culture and childhood. I sooo understand! The herring tidbits? In German we call those "saltzbueckel mit pellkartoffeln," and ohmygosh I would sooo love to sit down and eat them with you! The Kobanosy? We call those Jaegerwurst and my mouth waters to think of them. Yeah, definitely not the healthiest fare by today's standards - but the salt and smoke were important methods of preservative "back in the day" before refrigeration. Amazing any of us survived, right? ;) Enjoy and savor slowly, and know that I'm jealous.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Name: Tracy
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of April 19 or 26): 195
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 180
    I will weigh on Fridays:

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 192.2
    2. May 3 - 192.4
    3. May 12 - 192.6
    4. May 19 - 193.3
    5. May 24
    6. May 31
    7. June 7
    8. June 14
    9. June 21
    10. June 28
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1

Weight -/+ this week: +.7
    Weight -/+ total: -1.7

Consistency and vigilance are the words for this challenge for me, along with "KEEP THAT BODY MOVING"! I need to improve on that last one, I have missed several physical therapy sessions simply because I'm exhausted from working so late. Need to be working out at least 5x week if I want to improve.
    Tracy
    TX
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness and weekend planning.

Got a southwest salad - jicama beans corn cilantro red pepper onions cheese and southwest dressing. Was super yummy but had quite a bit of dressing. So i used it as a topping on a bed of greens. Lowered the cost of the prepared salad and made several extra portions.
    Now i have 2 lunches or dinners ready to go after a busy day on the farm. Got some fish filets in the freezer and fresh veggies ready to go for 2 other meals.

And bought some yogurt cottage cheese and cheese strings for fast snacks. Some veggies and dip also.

Think i am all set for 2 of 3 days this weekend at least.
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Saturday success - well it is close enough to saturday to post anyways LOL.

I increased my daily step count this week from 7500 to 10000. Every day but the monday....that is a bit of a slower downtime day after a busy farm weekend...still made 7500 steps that day though. I didnt manage to run the 1km without stopping, but i did get a personal best of just over 0.6km. Will need to get an inhaler again. Or just keep working at expanding my lung capabilities slowly and i should be able to get a little further and further with time. B)

I also managed to eat healthy all week after a bit of a bad weekend. Even the day i allowed a meal out it was a half salad with a chili for snack later. o:)

Each day is progress! :p
  • cedar2526
    cedar2526 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Name:June
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 258
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 235

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 -256.1
    2. May 3 - 255.5
    3. May 10 -255
    4. May 17 -254.6
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 (56th birthday)

Weight -/+ this week:-.5
    Weight -/+ total: 3

Ugh, can I change my goal? I will be happy if I reach 245.