Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @barb-- Oh, my heart hurts for you! I know there's nothing to say to ease the pain of such a loss, but try to think of the wonderful life you gave your dog as well as the selfless gift of making the decision to give her peace.

@linda-- sorry you are sick, bit congrats on continuing to stay focused on your goals. As you said it is so easy to let ourselves fall completely off the wagon when we don't feel well.

@rach-- I hope you enjoy the weight lifting. It's one of my favorite forms of exercise. Unfortunately, I'm still limited due to various injuries, but one of my goals this summer is to get back into a routine. My biggest challenge is that I want to go back to heavy lifting, and I'm too impatient about starting with lighter weights even though I know that's what I need to do.

@trinati2001 --so how was your walk?? :)

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"

Start Weight (week of May 24): 199.8
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 193

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    5. May 24 -199.8
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:
    Total weight loss:
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    :s I didn't get my walk. I was just about to leave and then...you would think that the whole European part of the company was going to shut down if I didn't drop everything to help them fix 400 products that had data problems. They have 50,000 products. *eye roll* so because I had to leave at 3:30 to interview a contractor I skipped my walk. Sigh

Hey, some of you here have mentioned working with a contractor for a home remodel. Any tips on what to ask when I call his references?

But to end on a happy note...we took the girls (3 and 6) out for frozen yogurt and I didn't eat any!! I had my ice tea and even threw away the extra from the young one I didn't even have a taste! Years ago (or two days ago) I would have eaten mine and their leftovers.
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @linda-- sorry you are sick, bit congrats on continuing to stay focused on your goals. As you said it is so easy to let ourselves fall completely off the wagon when we don't feel well.

Thank you, that is very kind. I see my GP again on Tuesday so hoping he can suggest some other kind of hypertension pills that don't have other side effects. This medication is the only thing that has changed in life, so although my current dizziness and swollen glands are a familiar scenario to me, (had them for years and eventually it passed), it is odd they have reappeared given I have not had a viral cold/infection etc that usually sets it off. Just a weak point in me, I guess.

On the bright side, I very briefly saw 300lbs and 3/8's (the way my scales work) this morning - soooo close, but back up to 301.25lbs once I'd had some coffee. Drat!! Maybe tomorrow. It is a lovely day, but still feeling woozy so I shall sit in the garden and try not to mainline mojitos and frozen goodies B)

@bapcarrier I am so sorry you had to lose your little dog. However much it seems the best for your pet, it is a very upsetting time. Hugs to you.
  • mcart15
    mcart15 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My fitness goals are multifaceted as I hope to gain many things including:
    Strength
    Stronger Bones
    Improved Mental Health (anxiety and PTSD)
    Improved life

I walk on my treadmill. I like to walk with a high incline and slow pace. I lift weights. I try to use heavier weights and I train a lot with my son who is an Elite athlete. He keeps my form in check and helps me design my workouts.

I love to lap swim
    It's not exercise, just something I love to do.

More about me...my heart is tender as I developed cardiomyopathy with my last pregnancy. So I am 40 years old with beginning stages of heart failure. I have 100 pounds to lose and 4 kids that I need to do it for.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)
    Niki - 72 yrs old - single - retired from accounting and adult teaching (computer applications, payroll, taxes, HR).
    Been a member of this thread since 2014. It's helped me not to regain the weight I lost prior to 'The Thread", but not having my weight chart look like the stock market. Been on MFP since 2012. Became a premium member with a new profile in 2015. Goal is to stay mobile, and lose weight, and improve the insuline resistance that keeps me obese ... Striving to break into Onederland.
    It is a lifestyle, not a diet.
  • Chessbear
    Chessbear Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This week I've gone to the gym 7 times already. I'm going to hit the gym soon, so that will make it 8 times! I wish I could have gone working out on monday, but I donated blood, so not a good idea.

Two days in this week I've gone to the gym twice! Morning and evening cardio=]

I don't have 100lbs to lose, but about 80-90lbs I believe. Although if I lose the 90lbs, I will be maybe a bit too much for my taste.

My gym offers tv/youtube on their cardio machines, so I watch youtube videos to burn the time, haha!

95kg at the moment, 55-60kg is my goal!
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 188.3 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 170 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 183.4
    2. May 3 - 182.1
    3. May 10 - 181.0
    4. May 17 (*) - 177.8
    5. May 24 (*) - 176.5
    6. May 31 (*) - 175.1
    7. June 7 (*) -
    8. June 14 (*) -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: - 1.4
    Weight -/+ total: - 13.2

(*) will be in Italy ... land of wine and gelato (and as regret to have discovered, amazing bread too!)
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in:

It's back to work for me. Not happy about it.

First I forgot the notebook where I keep the challenge data so I wont be able to do the update today.

Second I got to work to see that my boss has installed an additional security camera in the kitchen, the only place where I could relax durig my breaks. I get it but I hate knowing that I am being watched even though I am not soig anything wrong. It has always been a source of stress to me. Now I have to spend 14h/days with a webcam pointed at me. The good side of it is that I wont be eating much because I hate eating when I am being watched.

Third I went to the doctor last week because of my left that has been hurting for a while. I thought it was just tendonitis so I let it go but since its nit getting any better he is sending me for a bone scan. You guessed it, he thinks there might be a stress fracture ("stress" fracture... I find it midly ironic lol). I have to be patient since I dont have a date for the scan yet. I want to quit in september but if it is indeed a break and I need some medical leave it might have to wait until january...

Yep... not happy this morning.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Thanks @jam5660 ... you have a good point, the bed 'feels' more secure with solid walls around it.

I LOL'd at this. We just moved our toddler over from her crib to a "real" bed on Saturday, so I agree, thuogh for different reasons. Last night I was actually in tears due to exhaustion, as SHE JUST WOULD NOT STAY IN HER BED.

But after loading both kids up for a very late night drive all across hell and creation to help them fall asleep, I successfully resisted the urge to swing by a drive-thru for comfort food. Though God knows I needed it.

@sand86802 So sorry to hear of your injury. Was it your foot? I hope all begins to mend soon and that the DEXA scans provide good news.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Okay, first Monday of June. I am getting back on the damn horse and logging my food, activity (even though I dont get extra cal to eat), and water. Knowing is half the battle.

I got up early (6am), showered, took care of my pets, ate breakfast (with my birdie), packed my lunch, did my 10min of Wii Fit, and left early to feed my sis2 cat. Now I am in the parking lot preparing to go to work. And this afternoon I hope to find myself at the YMCA. It's gonna be a GREAT day!

<3 Rach, m.p. :wink:

Way to go! That does sound like a great start to the day. :smile:

Happy Monday, everybody! Hope it's a good week for all. And happy first week of June...feels like it's actually summer now. At last! :sunglasses:

• BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ready For Summer 10-week Challenge

MFP Name: BarneyRubbleMD
    Height: 5' 3"

Start weight (week of April 19, 2017): 281.4 lbs
    Goal weight (Saturday July 1, 2017): Not-A-Clue lbs

Weigh-in week of:
    1. Apr 26: 280.2 lbs
    2. May 3: 276.2 lbs
    3. May 10: 285.0 lbs (binged May 5-7 & gained weight)
    4. May 17: 276.6 lbs
    5. May 24: 273.0 lbs
    6. May 31: 269.4 lbs
    7. Jun 7: 266.6 lbs
    8. Jun 14: ?
    9. Jun 21: ?
    10. Jun 28: ?
    Final weigh-in Jul 1: ?

Weight +/- this week: -2.8 lbs
    Weight +/- since start: -14.8 lbs
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,870 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Rachael
    Height: 5' 6"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 292.3
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): <285.0

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26: 290.8
    2. May 3: 294.8
    3. May 10: 292.8
    4. May 17: 292.8
    5. May 24: 292.8
    6. May 31: 293.2
    7. June 7: 293.4
    8. June 14:
    9. June 21:
    10. June 28:
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1:

Weight -/+ this week: +0.2
    Weight -/+ total: +1.1

I am getting back on the damn horse! Next week will be better.

GOOD LUCK :wink:
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Tuesday Goals:
    Thanks @jam5660 for bringing long term goals back into my mind.
    Sometimes I forget the little reasons why I started trying to lose weight. So, here are a few other reasons, besides improving 'metabolic syndrome - insuline resistance/diabetes 2' and 'staying mobile' ...
    ... I will fit comfortably in the theater seats, airplane seats, closely spaced banquet table seats.
    ... I will shop in regular size clothes aisles instead of 'womans plus'
    ... I will have a lap for the baby generation to sit upon instead of having them slide off cause my tummy takes up half my lap.
    ... I will not be shy about running into people who knew me 50 years ago.
    ... I will rehang the full length mirrors
    ... I will fit into the grocery checkout aisle next to my shopping cart instead of behind it
  • thehappyelf1
    thehappyelf1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I am learning how to work the community forum however.