What terms/phrases wind you up about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Hey St. Louis! You'll likely understand this - I tried Ted Drewes for the first time last week. Husband brought home two quarts. We're weighing it out into 1/2 cup servings when we eat it. Four months ago, that would have lasted maybe 4 days.

[/quote]

Yes! Savor that Ted Drewes! So yummy - worth the occasional treat! I only live a few miles from Ted Drewes, so I have to be careful. Some of the local grocery stores sell small tubs that are about 400 calories each. I get those on occasion and ration them out so I don't overdo it. (or eat it all at once if I have the calories) lol
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    KeshNZ wrote: »
    "It's not a diet it's a lifestyle change" :| I wonder if in a few years people will be saying "no dessert for me, I'm lifestyling"

But it IS a lifestyle change. Going from sitting in front of the TV and eating Dairy Queen 3x a week to taking evening walks and cooking healthy food and actually paying attention to your diet (noun, not verb) while avoiding 1300 calorie desserts you freaking LOVE - takes a considerable change in your actual lifestyle - believe me. And if you go back to your former lifestyle, you gain it back.

I agree. I have been smh with may of the responses....especially on a fitness message board where we should be more forgiving and understanding. But, I'm taking it as people venting.

Hey St. Louis! You'll likely understand this - I tried Ted Drewes for the first time last week. Husband brought home two quarts. We're weighing it out into 1/2 cup servings when we eat it. Four months ago, that would have lasted maybe 4 days.

To me, stuff like that definitely qualifies as a lifestyle change. LOL!

I do get the venting about stuff though. I'm back on MFP after dumping all my efforts awhile back. I'm already tired of some of the same stuff being posted time and time again.

Hey You.....now did he get Ted Drewes from the actual shop or did he get it out of the store? The one and only reason I tried Ted Drewes was because the lines were always soooooooooooo long. One day I stopped there just to see what all the hype was about - been hooked ever since... I try my best to stay far away from there....or go to treat myself!

I use all the words that people are pissed at as well - journey, lifestyle, etc. etc. etc., because those are the affirmations that I have to speak to myself and write down and give power to vs the other negative words that I used to give power to. It's most def. a lifestyle change/shift for me.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    When someone asks me if I've "heard of Shakeology?"

1*n1cTFo7LgFLK8untPS-UbA.gif

bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options

[/quote]

Yes! Savor that Ted Drewes! So yummy - worth the occasional treat! I only live a few miles from Ted Drewes, so I have to be careful. Some of the local grocery stores sell small tubs that are about 400 calories each. I get those on occasion and ration them out so I don't overdo it. (or eat it all at once if I have the calories) lol [/quote]

Hey St. Louis II - when I stayed on the Southside I was at Ted's pretty often. No matter the time I go, that place is always packed!!!! #concrete
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    When someone asks me if I've "heard of Shakeology?"

1*n1cTFo7LgFLK8untPS-UbA.gif

Okay, there is very little that manages to grind my gears, but this really does annoy me. MLM schemes just rub me the wrong way.
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hey You.....now did he get Ted Drewes from the actual shop or did he get it out of the store? The one and only reason I tried Ted Drewes was because the lines were always soooooooooooo long. One day I stopped there just to see what all the hype was about - been hooked ever since... I try my best to stay far away from there....or go to treat myself!

I use all the words that people are pissed at as well - journey, lifestyle, etc. etc. etc., because those are the affirmations that I have to speak to myself and write down and give power to vs the other negative words that I used to give power to. It's most def. a lifestyle change/shift for me.

Oh yeah...from the shop. We were in St. Louis on vacation had lunch at Amighetti's and went to Ted Drewes for dessert - totally to see what all the fuss was about. I had a Dutchman, I believe. Yes, my calories were exceeded. No. I did not care. After we were done he bought a quart of chocolate and one of vanilla, they put dry ice in the bag, and we drove it all the way 2 hours home in a cooler - which had held healthy, low cal food for the trip. LOL!
    Yes! Savor that Ted Drewes! So yummy - worth the occasional treat! I only live a few miles from Ted Drewes, so I have to be careful. Some of the local grocery stores sell small tubs that are about 400 calories each. I get those on occasion and ration them out so I don't overdo it. (or eat it all at once if I have the calories) lol

It's just a really good thing for me it's 2 hours away.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    "It's not a diet it's a lifestyle change" :| I wonder if in a few years people will be saying "no dessert for me, I'm lifestyling"

But it IS a lifestyle change. Going from sitting in front of the TV and eating Dairy Queen 3x a week to taking evening walks and cooking healthy food and actually paying attention to your diet (noun, not verb) while avoiding 1300 calorie desserts you freaking LOVE - takes a considerable change in your actual lifestyle - believe me. And if you go back to your former lifestyle, you gain it back.

I agree. I have been smh with may of the responses....especially on a fitness message board where we should be more forgiving and understanding. But, I'm taking it as people venting.

I do get the venting about stuff though. I'm back on MFP after dumping all my efforts awhile back. I'm already tired of some of the same stuff being posted time and time again.

For what it is worth, my wife went to school with (and was good friends with) Ted Drewes' granddaughter.
    Every time I see the granddaughter somewhere she seems to show up with a cooler full of frozen custard but neither my wife nor I can see what all the fuss is about.
    Yes it is good, but it isn't like it will change your life in our opinion.
    Decent frozen yogurt is often just as tasty, much lower in lactose, lower in fat, higher in protein, lower in calories, and generally healthier for you.

Of course half a cup of "toppings" make the differences meaningless.

YMMV
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    rdridi12 wrote: »
    Not really something that winds me up, but not sure why people have decided that certain things are a "good source of protein" when they're really not that much protein (peanut butter)
    Yep, it seems like anything with more that 5 grams of protein is now a "good source"...
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    Decent frozen yogurt is just as tasty, much lower in lactose, higher in protein, and generally healthier for you.

YMMV

I'll give you the last three points, but don't think I can agree with the first. I've had a lot of experience with frozen dairy products - and have the rotund shape to prove it ;) - and I think I have to give the crown to Ted Drewes. I've had good ice cream, frozen yogurt and frozen custard (not comparing gelato as I've only had that in Rome and that prejudices the judging) and I really didn't think I'd think this was tastier - but it was somehow creamier and smoother. Not sure why...just edged out the competition in my opinion.

Will it change my life? Not unless I somehow inherit the company from the total stranger who owns it. But it's pretty darn yummy.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »

For what it is worth, my wife went to school with (and was good friends with) Ted Drewes' granddaughter.
    Every time I see the granddaughter somewhere she seems to show up with a cooler full of frozen custard but neither my wife nor I can see what all the fuss is about.
    Yes it is good, but it isn't like it will change your life in our opinion.
    Decent frozen yogurt is often just as tasty, much lower in lactose, lower in fat, higher in protein, lower in calories, and generally healthier for you.

Of course half a cup of "toppings" make the differences meaningless.

YMMV

Really??? Everyone that I have taken there LOVVVVVVVVVVVVES IT! My Dad came in from California and I was telling him about it - he said it couldn't be THAT good... took him and he was hooked!

But I love places like Fro Yo...but does't compare to Ted Drewes....it's just the best of the frozen Yogurts.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    That chunk of time literally everyone and their mother were "thriving". tHrive was the answer to everything. Thrive cured everything! Thrive was the unicorn of the universe. However, it fizzled. No one even thrives on my newsfeed anymore? What happened to all the thrivers?