postchi1 Posts: 30 Member
    Happy to help out with any Q's on nutrition/Injury

Feel free to reach out

Qualified Sports Rehabilitator/11 years training

Starting stats 5'10 - 13 st 8
    today 5'10 - 12 st 2
  • LeacyPeacy
    LeacyPeacy Posts: 11 Member
    I am volunteering to be a mentor. I'm 54, a stroke survivor and have been living a healthier lifestyle since January, 2016. I began my journey at 260 pounds, as of Tuesday, June 6, 2017 I weigh 185.4. My health has improved drastically. I'd love to help others realize that nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!
  • planetcadillac
    planetcadillac Posts: 137 Member
    Hello new people! I have 15 lbs left to go and making the best of it. Anyone like CrossFit? Bicycling? Outdoors? Favorite exercise? Always looking for news friends to motivate. I am an extrovert and enjoy talking to people and helping them out.
  • HannahAyers2015
    HannahAyers2015 Posts: 1 Member
    I would like to be adopted!! I need someone to help keep me accountable!!
  • ycdi130
    ycdi130 Posts: 3 Member
    Looking for adoption!!

I'm a 46 year old from Minnesota starting down a road of weight loss which I hope will lead me to a life style shift.
  • hlwampler1
    hlwampler1 Posts: 8 Member
    Someone want to adopt me?

32, mom, discovered the joy of gyming it recently. Can't eat right. I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!! And pretty much everything else I'm not supposed to eat. I would love someone who can motivate me and who I can motivate. A buddy! That's what I need. A buddy.
  • OfBloodandRank
    OfBloodandRank Posts: 10 Member
    Would love to be adopted. Here's my bio:

I'm 28 and living in Canada for grad school, but am from the states. I'm 5'4 and 245 pounds. I've been up and down with weight loss before, but wasn't mentally in a place to stick with it until now. I'm looking for someone in my age range either younger or older, who can keep contact with me for check ins, advice, or even just to talk about the day. Someone who is lively and fun! Oh and I am in a wheelchair, but not wheelchair bound but I do suffer from a muscle disorder so working out is different for me. So I'd prefer someone who has experience either dealing with disabled individuals or is one themself. Thanks! :D
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Would love to be adopted. Here's my bio:

I'm 28 and living in Canada for grad school, but am from the states. I'm 5'4 and 245 pounds. I've been up and down with weight loss before, but wasn't mentally in a place to stick with it until now. I'm looking for someone in my age range either younger or older, who can keep contact with me for check ins, advice, or even just to talk about the day. Someone who is lively and fun! Oh and I am in a wheelchair, but not wheelchair bound but I do suffer from a muscle disorder so working out is different for me. So I'd prefer someone who has experience either dealing with disabled individuals or is one themself. Thanks! :D
    My mentor-bio, which talks about my wheelchair use, should still be around here somewhere. Take a look at it and let me know if you believe that we'd click!
  • Hansenm85
    Hansenm85 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, my name is Michelle....I'm new here and would like to be adopted and make some new friends.

I recently turned 50 (I still can't believe I'm 50) and have been on a journey to regain my former self. I want the second half of my life to be one where I am fit and lean.

My goal is to lose about 30-35 pounds

I had lost 15 pounds last year, but have managed to regain it much to my dismay.

I have started exercising (Peloton and am contemplating restarting P90X3) but am having trouble with macros and consistency. I would really like a mentor to encourage and help with food diary, and give advice
  • mhabing8
    mhabing8 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm a 26 year old who needs to be adopted. I've been heavy my whole life but now it's starting to affect my health. I know it's time for a change but I don't know where to start.
  • rosacarolinas
    rosacarolinas Posts: 2 Member
    hi there, i'm izzy, i'm new and would love to be adopted/have the chance to make some friends in the mfp community!! i've been on this journey before and managed to lose 42 pounds and get closer to my goal weight than ever!! a string of bad food choices have left me bloated, unhappy and unmotivated!! looking for someone to help me get back on track and to lose the extra 11 pounds to get to my goal!!
  • TheCalvinGaba
    TheCalvinGaba Posts: 12 Member
    Mentor

Hi I’m Calvin looking to help those who are serious to make changes in improving their health, fitness and well being

Experience
    Have spent years helping people in losing weight, maintaining weight, nutritional advice, building lean muscle, gender specific advice.
    I have spent years reading scientific research, case studies and even bro science and am well versed in nutrition/training methods/techniques/programming and strategies.

Qualifications
    Advanced diploma in fitness instructing, Personal Training and Nutrition for physical activity.

Drop me a message or friend request if you want any help.
  • postchi1
    postchi1 Posts: 30 Member
    Hi all,

Feel free to drop me an req - Postchi1

Happy to help w/ any questions on nutrition or injury when i can

Qualified sports rehab / Athletic trainer

Happy training :)
  • bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    I would appreciate being adopted by a mentor. I'm 63 with diabetes so exercising is a must for me. I like a challenge so I'm up for something new. I was in a gym for 22yrs. until I was 42yrs. old. I let myself go because I thought it was that old thing to do. I was into bodybuilding and heavy weight lifting. When I started on my journey to losing weight I was 340lbs. I'm now at 270lbs. My goal is to get back to 225lbs I've add running into my workout. The belly fat is my biggest problem I know that it took me 20yrs. to get here. I have lost most of any fat off legs and arms. I've made many changes in my diet and I think that where I need the help.
  • nad825
    nad825 Posts: 14 Member
    I would like to be adopted!

My name is Nicole. I'm returning to MFP after irregular use over the last 3 years. In 2014, I lost 23lbs and was able to maintain it for 6 months. But then I fell in love and let go.

Fast forward to today, I've gained ~40lbs and I've started and quit so many times that I'm getting frustrated with myself. I joined a 100-day walking challenge at work to help motivate me, but that's just a small starting point.

My nutrition has come a long way, but it still has tons of room for improvement. I can typically stick to meal plans during the week; however, I tend to fall off on the weekends. Not to say that a "cheat" day is bad for me (and I define "cheat" by having X amount of extra calories than I normally would), but I make it a cheat weekend.

I am looking for somebody who will be able to hold me accountable with losing (and then maintaining) the weight and help me with with meal suggestions. I am a vegetarian (and my husband is not), so I am often eating my own meals. I am somewhat picky (I've come a long way), so I have a hard time finding recipes that are quick and appealing to me.

Thanks!
  • raburns789
    raburns789 Posts: 3 Member
    I would love a mentor! I am 19 from MA and have a history of anorexia. Following recovery I kept gaining weight until I became very overweight. I am trying to learn to eat normally while losing 50 pounds I gained from binge eating in the next year. I need help with easy meals that are more putting things together than cooking because I deal with depression and have little energy. I am vegetarian but I eat fish. I have trouble knowing how much is "undereating" versus how much is a good amount for weight loss and making filling meals that are low calorie. I want to be strong and lift weights but don't know where to start.
  • jacquih2981
    jacquih2981 Posts: 120 Member
    Looking for a mentor to help with some fitness and possibly nutrition in a couple of months time (If I try and focus on everything at once I am setting myself up to fall on my butt)

I am 47 with an under active thyroid, lactose intolerance and spinal arthritis. I could do with losing around 160 pounds in total and have lost 14 pound since 1st May this year so a pretty good start

My aims are to increase my fitness and strength, since the second week of June I walk 30 mins briskly each lunch time so I can get out of the office (and have extra cals for Gin) I also go to the gym on Sat morning for an hour of cardio and 30 mins of lifting (5 kg for bicep curl, 20kg for rowing, 6.25 kg for tricep pull down and 10 kg for the pushy thing that absolutely kills and I can only do 40 reps on)

I want to do more lifting to keep my bones strong and need to fit in a little yoga or Pilates for flexibility but it is the lifting I need more help around

My nutrition is pants and I am ignoring it in the short term but if you spot any easy fixes that don't involve giving up Gin happy to make the changes now
  • sassenach1970
    sassenach1970 Posts: 16 Member
    I'd love to be adopted! I am doing the ketogenic diet for about a month now.
  • planetcadillac
    planetcadillac Posts: 137 Member
    Anyone that like biking want to chat ?
  • jsoko1
    jsoko1 Posts: 17 Member
    The names Jacob, and I'm back with a thirst and hunger greater than I've ever had before. I started excersising back in 2011 as an obese, 110kg, twenty year old, who used to get teased and picked on in high school and later on in work. I started my journey ironically after falling through a ceiling at work.......

This would be the biggest turning point in my life. I started off walking, in which i lost 2 kgs in one week!!! Not only did this assure me that I had begun my journey to a happier healthier me, it also steered my eating habits into a whole other direction. I chose healthier options, smaller meal portions, and finally gave up my obsession with high sugar energy drinks. In the following weeks I continued to walk, which eventually turned into short sprints, losing a further 14 kgs in 8 weeks.
    I then started the next chapter, weight training..... At the time it was very daunting but I knew in order to reach my goals I would have to overcome my fear of exerting my self infront of others and just do it!! (no nike endorsements here). Over time I watched videos, learnt from people around me and continually grew my arsenal of knowledge in which I would need to crush my goals. A further 20 weeks down the track I did it, I reached 79.5 kgs. I never felt happier, stronger or more confident in my life.
    After my goal I did slack, work picked up and I slowly stopped going to the gym I would get into little fitness blocks of about 2 months then fade off again as work picked up.
    Now, 2017, i have set my self my next big goal. I applied and have succesfully been accepted in to the Australian Army. For the last month I have been training (weights and cardiovascular) and have lost a total of 6 kgs. My start weight was 94. so currently sitting arouund 88 kgs. Im doing a far bit of weight training but am also heavily focused on cardio and endurance training as of course this will be a major obstacle in joining the armed forces.
    So follow my journey for the next couple months as i continue to fullfil my dream, getting stronger, faster, fitter and healthier again.
    I will post weekly, for anyone whom wish's to follow along, but ideally for my self to keep my self accountable.
    Happy Training Fitfam.
    JAYJAYS

Please add and like my blog if you feel the inclination to

@Alex would love to mentor some people
This discussion has been closed.