What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,807 Member
    Mzklutch wrote: »
    brookielaw wrote: »
    Bungie01 wrote: »
    brookielaw wrote: »
    Hot tip: Ladies- as you lose weight, get measured and re-fitted for bras. Wearing ones that are too big is not only unflattering but can cause medical issues. Today's doctor appointment resulted in antibiotics...and a trip to Victoria's Secret.

Wait what? Antibiotics?? Can you explain? I only ask because all my bras are definitely way too big now, but I don't even wear one unless I'm going to the gym or work (my boobs basically disappeared entirely with weight loss lol)

Is this only an issue for larger chested women?

The men may want to skip this one---TMI ahead:
    I don't know if it is only an issue for larger chested women but I had noticed some pain in one of my nipples, and it lasted for at least a week. They both also looked unusual (swollen) but I just chalked it up to bodily changes (I have lost more than 1/2 of my body weight), potential TOM coming, etc. My kid is pushing 2 and I haven't breast fed/pumped in a good year plus and the supply has long dried up. In checking for a lump, mass, etc. a disgusting colored goo came out. I went to the GYN and he diagnosed it as cellulitis (although TBH there are other potential common infections for a woman my age that it could also be, but the treatment would be the same. Since my MD comes from Dr. Google or WebMD I am going to trust him on this). I asked how that could happen (I do practice good hygeine) and he told me that it was caused by the girls rubbing against my bras, which were obviously too big. My situation may be unusual/extreme but the too big bras in question were only 2 sizes off in the band and I believe one cup size. I didn't fill it out properly though and there was plenty of room for rubbing/chafing.

I hear you on the boobs disappearing. I went from a 48 G or H to a 34 long. ;)

Enell is the best sports bra I have ever invested in. Since seeing on the Oprah show years ago, I stayed with them so if you're working out and have the rubbing or lack of support issue then try enell.com sports bras.

Totally agree!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Mosquitoes and other bugs seem to like me better :( . I believe it's due to a change in my body chemistry, probably because I'm eating differently. In the past bugs pretty much passed me by for my tastier friends. Now they're on me like white on rice. Plus, their bites freakin itch and hurt! Grrrrr....
  • kingleahnidas
    kingleahnidas Posts: 280 Member
    tomteboda wrote: »
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    You will get dizzy and light-headed after standing up too fast. Not as much of you to carry!

Uh if that is happening a lot that is not a sign of health. I would be concerned.

Postural hypotension. Rapid drop in blood pressure. As long as you're not fainting, it's annoying but not really a big health problem. I wear compression socks and increased my salt, that seems to help.

Yes that is what my doctor said. No need to worry.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    tomteboda wrote: »
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    You will get dizzy and light-headed after standing up too fast. Not as much of you to carry!

Uh if that is happening a lot that is not a sign of health. I would be concerned.

Postural hypotension. Rapid drop in blood pressure. As long as you're not fainting, it's annoying but not really a big health problem. I wear compression socks and increased my salt, that seems to help.

Yes that is what my doctor said. No need to worry.

Good - if that's why. Does losing weight make this more pronounced or something?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!