True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    The first time I ever encountered a street vendor selling tacos, When I was in 8th grade, I was in San Antonio the weekend of Cinco de Mayo & it was an all night parade & mult-block party. It was like the heavens opened up & delivered a gift at my feet when the guy pushed his cart past & we got some street tacos from him. It was the greatest thing ever & I will hit a taco truck any day before I drive through some taco chain dump now.

Yes!! I love tacos and Texmex. My soon to be mother-in-law will make me tacos out of just about anything she has available...and they are amazing!
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Ah, yeah. I didn't think that far ahead when I posted, but yeah. Those are fine too. LOL
    But taco Tuesday should be everyday & not just Tuesdays. Street tacos are the best, we have little taco trucks & stands here & there in our area.

I agree. I live in Houston, well Pasadena, and we have taco trucks on almost every corner.

I need more taco trucks in my life.

i need more taco flavored kisses in my life.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    well, I can cook pretty damn good, but Asian food & legit mexican & even most Tex-mex is not a thing that I have mastered yet. The idea of making a huge batch of tamales from scratch is intimidating to me. LOL
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    True Story: I wear pasties all the time. I hate bras. I go completely without or wear pasties

I have no idea what pasties you are talking about but these are pasties in the UK. So now this is what I'm imagining :D
    l1mrzkoqb602.jpg

Hahaha. I just cracked up so loud in a very quite office. I now blame you for the weird states I am receiving.

At least she'll be warm in the winter :D
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Ah, yeah. I didn't think that far ahead when I posted, but yeah. Those are fine too. LOL
    But taco Tuesday should be everyday & not just Tuesdays. Street tacos are the best, we have little taco trucks & stands here & there in our area.

I agree. I live in Houston, well Pasadena, and we have taco trucks on almost every corner.

Ha. I took this in two directions.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    well, I can cook pretty damn good, but Asian food & legit mexican & even most Tex-mex is not a thing that I have mastered yet. The idea of making a huge batch of tamales from scratch is intimidating to me. LOL

Tamales aren't as tough as they look, but time consuming. They are a once a year thing for me so I make a ton at once and freeze most of them.
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options
    True Story: I wear pasties all the time. I hate bras. I go completely without or wear pasties

I have no idea what pasties you are talking about but these are pasties in the UK. So now this is what I'm imagining :D
    l1mrzkoqb602.jpg

Hahaha. I just cracked up so loud in a very quite office. I now blame you for the weird states I am receiving.

At least she'll be warm in the winter :D

Yep.. warm and tasty? Or toasty? Hmmm
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

knowing where your mind sometimes goes on these threads, i'm frightened yet intrigued by directions that don't point to southpark/jennifer lopez.
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options

Tamales aren't as tough as they look, but time consuming. They are a once a year thing for me so I make a ton at once and freeze most of them.

That is what my mother in law does. This year, I want to learn to make them.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Well that got the mind wandering.
    Thanks. :)

Does that mean you are going to try out pasties? :p
    @Timshel_ this should happen and we should see evidence in the selfie thread!

l1mrzkoqb602.jpg

1.those are the best
    2. Those should completely replace bras. Good for when you need support, or when you need a snack
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

l1mrzkoqb602.jpg

Those are empanadas, obviously.

It does always make me laugh, when you guys say pasties. Just like when I talk about my pants...
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

l1mrzkoqb602.jpg

Those are empanadas, obviously.

It does always make me laugh, when you guys say pasties. Just like when I talk about my pants...

They are miner pies, in Michigan they call them Pasties too, they're my favorite food
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Well that got the mind wandering.
    Thanks. :)

Does that mean you are going to try out pasties? :p

l1mrzkoqb602.jpg

1.those are the best
    2. Those should completely replace bras. Good for when you need support, or when you need a snack
    Would make tasty implants too. Could be messy if someone bashed into you but they could put these in and then instead of stitching you up they put a zipper in. Then when you get a little hungry you've got snacks at the ready, then you replace the pasty and zip it back up.

I think I might be onto something...we need a name for this *kitten*!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I've never gotten food from a food truck. I feel like I'm missing out.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

knowing where your mind sometimes goes on these threads, i'm frightened yet intrigued by directions that don't point to southpark/jennifer lopez.

Haha! Well, Southpark and J Lo weren't one of them..
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

This one time...at band camp....

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

@MeeseeksAndDestroy wears tassels
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »

@MeeseeksAndDestroy wears tassels

I'd pay to see this. :love:

I'd at least write a bad check or two, I damn sure would.