Options

Replies

• MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    B.L. Weez - this knee. It felt good for a while - but now I have pain in it if I overwork it. And if I step a certain way - Yeeow! I just repeat ow!ow!ow! a few times. I haven't heard of the cold laser surgery. I'll have to check it out. I'm determined to get this weight off and get in better shape.

My dear cousin is an inspiration - he just turned 67 this week. Where is he? Camping out Day 3 of the Oklahoma Freewheel. Day 1: bicycled 69 miles, Day 2: 59 miles. Day 3: 70. Tomorrow he'll cycle 68 miles. 4 more days of riding. One of his cycling buddies is 91. Both of my parents are living and age 90. I could live to a nice ripe old age if I get it together!

Had another good day today.
    --Ginger in Texas
  • spiritbear555
    spiritbear555 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ginger in Texas Good news- the laser therapy treatment is not surgery! It is a laser that is applied to your knee area that penetrates the muscles and joints and promotes more blood circulation to the area and more healing- up to 70% faster. Really made a difference to my knee.
    Barbie Cat Wow, that's a lot of motion for one day! Way to go.
    DJ So excited to hear that you have kept your blood sugar down for 2 years. That is an accomplishment for sure. How many carbs are your target in a day? I'm a bit confused on so many different opinions on the internet about carbs and diabetes and what my limit should be. (Will be in a training program soon, but wondering and wanting to do the right things now too.) :)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Lanette hey there! No the lady is called an "options counselor" with the North coast Aging and Disability Resources , with the Senior Center here in Warrenton as one of their regional offices. I hope its a positive outcome. She realizes that come the 20th of this month, when she goes before the judge about her ticket, more than likely she will have her license revoked. Soi if course she's driving all hell and gone these days. Her family is coming next week and so things might change quickly. Hugs friend!
    Becca.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Charlie finally gave up today and went to the license branch. Yes, I could have gone with him. But I wanted to let him do it himself, well I kind of forced him into it. You see there were two tasks, car registrations for both cars and his license. He was afraid he would have to get back into a line to finish the second task. I have been there and know it is streamlined. You don't got out of there with grey hair and a long beard unless you went in with one. He was just sure he would be there all day. Toy see the registration only had his name and had the wrong insurance listed. So he was thinking about all sorts of paperwork he had to bring. He got home 30 minutes later with everything easily done. I don't like it that a drivers license has to be renewed every 6 years now. For a guy almost 70'years old, 6 years is to long. He doesn't have any restrictions on his glasses now but he was on the borderline.

Well he went to Walmart to find some pants, he refuses to wear a size that is larger than what he is used to wearing. Plus with his ileostomy, it is placed right on the waist line which makes him wear his pants down further on his hips. I have tried to convince him to wear suspenders under his shirt but it's a no go. Also, the pants he likes has a button along with the zipper. With his Parkinson's, he couldn't use that button. So a logical solution would be an elastic waistline with suspenders?????? No, he is a man. That says it. So he came home empty handed except for a Milky Way candy bar.

I have found a new toy for Mr Mozart. The rolled up little piece of paper. He loves it. It usually gets into the kitchen wher he likes it. You have all those obstacles of kitchen chairs, etc.When he is satisfied, he picks it up with his mouth and then goes and sits on the rug in front of the patio door, puts it down and starts all over again. But that spot is always the starting point. Melody is getting up to watch him. Also with the laser pin, she will put her head over the side of the couch and watch it. So maybe there is hope she will eventually play. I know my kitchen scales aren't like the ones at the vets, but I picked her up and wieghed the two of us and then put her down and weighed myself. If the scales are right, she has lost 6 ounces. But I am doubting that. Tomorrow Mr Mozart starts a new kitten food. If you adopt during a PEtSmart event, you get a book of coupons. One was a free bag of food, certain brands. Not the kind where you may find your meat as the last item. This is chicken and turkey, carrots, peas, tomatoes and other veggies. Melody eats a lot of his kitten food now, I can't imagine what they will both do with this new food. I took what was left in the Purina kitten chow and put it in this bag and mixed it up.

Allie, you are getting stronger and bolder by the day. Did you ever think you could stand up to him like that???? Proud of you sister.

Am thinking and praying for London tonight. You have had your unfair share of problems

Joyce, hot Indiiana.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Yea! The pain in my tooth WAS sinuses. Took two decongestants yesterday and now the pain is almost all gone. I had a feeling that's what it was. The only problem now is that these decongestants really dry me out and I'm wide awake at all hours. Hence, my being here so early.

Joyce - our cats love empty boxes. Like when we get a delivery of something, we give them the box. Another thing they like -- you know that brown paper that some places use for fill material? They love that stuff, they can hide under it and play. When we first got Loki we just had him eating the same food as the other cats. We (at the time) had to have prescription food for the one cat that was diabetic. One of my concerns was that he wouldn't grow. Well, today he's 15 lbs. He's not fat -- just big.

Sharon - when I was 40 I had a second piercing put in my ears. I thought this was so, so cool. Today I regret it. One of them closed up but the other one never did. Lovely pics

Right now I'm cold as can be. Soon I'll be so hot that I can't stand it. This happens whenever I take the decongestant. Well, could certainly be worse.

Michele in NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning and went into the exercise room. Put the radio on.
    Horrible, terrible news of a raging fire in a multi storey tower block in West London. I have been in tears this morning, especially on hearing of the man who caught a baby thrown from the ninth floor. We have still to get the numbers of those killed, but it was 24+ stories.

Much love to all. Keep safe.
    Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, gonna stay cool as a possible today, day 3 of our heat wave. Tough going in our school buildings as the only air conditioning is in the main office (go figure). Gonna give a more formal retirement speech this evening for my friend, I've worked on writing and delivering this one, so now I'm gonna let it go and just give it! Public speaking is not my favorite thing but the more preparation I give to it, results are usually okay. Food at this event will be truly poor, I will have salad but will also eat protein at home before I go.

DD and DH are giddy with the beautiful scenery, drove to Utah yesterday, and off to Grand Canyon today. They sound happy but aren't sending many pics to me.

Cheers everyone, NYKAREN
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :|
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    B)