Foods with shocking high cals

Options

Replies

• RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    7-Eleven cherry cruller. 660 calories in one donut. I think I actually cried when I found that out.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter makes me super sad. I love the stuff. :(
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    i'm not shocked by it, but peanut butter calories make me a little sad :laugh:

Same here. Oreos are another. Look at the serving size and the calories on the package. It'll flat out shock you. I wish they made a lower calorie version of them but they don't bother. How many of you remember sitting down to eat a third or even half a package of those things with milk in the evenings. My wife always liked chips/dip, I liked oreos and milk haha. No wonder I got so fat. Body by Oreo lol.

They do!! Have you not had the Oreo thins?
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Does anyone remember the Fig Newton thins? My favorite was banana with dark chocolate.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    so this has most likely been mentioned several times over, but i'll mention it again: PEANUT BUTTER. WTF? how? honestly, i still cannot form a full sentence about it. re-shocks me about twice a year.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    cariduttry wrote: »
    so this has most likely been mentioned several times over, but i'll mention it again: PEANUT BUTTER. WTF? how? honestly, i still cannot form a full sentence about it. re-shocks me about twice a year.

I save nut butter as a weekend "treat", and it drives me insane how just a few spoon fulls from the jar is a full meals calories. Every bone in my body tells me to eat it like yogurt right from the jar, but one jar of peanut butter is a whopping 2,000+ calories!

I've read some people smear peanut butter on things. I don't understand how it's supposed to go from the jar to another surface without first entering my mouth :lol::love:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason, I don't like plain nut butter. The texture doesn't appeal to me and plus using that many calories on what is essentially licking the spoon doesn't work for me, I need foods to involving sitting down and eating them thoughtfully if I am going to spend real calories.

Luckily, or perhaps unfortunately, I have discovered that half a serving of nut butter in some yogurt mixes better than I would have thought and is absolutely delicious. That makes the volume a little better per calorie, but still, sigh.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Luckily, or perhaps unfortunately, I have discovered that half a serving of nut butter in some yogurt mixes better than I would have thought and is absolutely delicious. That makes the volume a little better per calorie, but still, sigh.

PB2 in greek yogurt goes amazing, and comes close to recreating the thickness/texture that I think a lot of us go after. The thick goopy texture, I have a feeling, is probably exactly what so many of us go crazy for. You're fortunate to not share the itch!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

I have basically cut peanut butter out of my life, despite it being a top 5 favorite food. It's a very rare treat. I simply cannot eat a reasonable amount :'(
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Mmm, a little protein powder in greek yogurt. Turns it into dessert.
    I'm going to try the PB2..
  • cariduttry
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »

mind blown. totes going to try this. i've had pb2 and it's not horrid!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

PB2 in greek yogurt goes amazing, and comes close to recreating the thickness/texture that I think a lot of us go after. The thick goopy texture, I have a feeling, is probably exactly what so many of us go crazy for. You're fortunate to not share the itch!

Thanks for the idea- I'll have to try that. Bet it would be good in an 80 cal. Dannon banana cream :)

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Yeah, but it's lousy in a PB&J :(
  • cariduttry
    Options
    :([/quote]
    try2again wrote: »

Yeah, but it's lousy in a PB&J :(

agreed :-/
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Now I want baklava...

Me too. And I can put away a 300g plate of it all in one sitting. :neutral:
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    ice cream can have a lot of calories for half a cup and i think some of ben and jerrys are shocking for half a cup.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    ice cream can have a lot of calories for half a cup and i think some of ben and jerrys are shocking for half a cup.

I think it's shocking that anyone considers half a cup of ice cream to be an adequate serving size! :'(

The Breyer's ice cream I eat is 150 cal/half cup serving, I have room for 2 of them on days I run, and if you measure it by weight it looks like a hell of a lot more than half a cup.
  • bonnielee708
    bonnielee708 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    What's sad is this whole thread just makes me hungry :D

Also, the person who said wings - yes! I forgot about those. I love wings but the calorie count is like the bane of my existence.

We make buffalo cauliflower with roasted cauliflower or florets tossed in cornstarch and pan-fried. Then we toss with hot sauce and eat with lettuce and blue cheese dressing my hubby makes. It takes the urge for wings away, and we are starting to prefer these mock wings...