C25K Support Group Starting 6/27

Options

Replies

• dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Week 7 day 2 completed. It was hot out there so it wasn't easy but I did it.
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just finished w7d2 today. I only stopped when my ponytail kept falling out. Otherwise not bad i took a 3 minute walk after the 25 minutes and then ran another 13 then a 2 minute walk then ran for another 7 minutes and then walked the rest of the way home.

The beginning is so tough for me but once i get towards the 3 mile i just want to keep going. If i didnt have work i probably would have ran a little longer.

I <3 this program.

I see a lot of people getting to or just passing w5d3. It's a great feeling when you're done with that. I kind of fell of the wagon right after that hump but luckily jumped back on. its just a relaxing feeling to know i can go for a 25-30 minute jog when ever i want. which is surprisingly a lot more then i thought i would haha. its a great alone time to get your thoughts and energy outs.

good luck ladies!
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    W4d2 so far. I think I will repeat the week. It was so hot last week that it was really hard to run and I struggled with every step. Now the it cooled down, I'll re-do week 4 and see if it is better. I will still make it for September 4.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    @Froggy - happy our group kept you motivated although you had a bad night.

@Lover - I smile everytime I type that because it always makes me think of Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City because she called the Russion painter guy her "lover". Sorry went off on a tangent there LOL. Glad you were able to get home for your run even though the kids probably weren't too happy about not having extra pool time. I try to do my run Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays but sometime I take a Friday rest day and run Saturday and it always feels way too long with just that three day gap. I just did week 5 day 2 today so week 3 is next. And you know what, because of all of the ladies in this group here, I don't feel so scared about it anymore. I really think I can do it. I'm excited!

@Keri - I did week 5 day 2 today too and I too felt like I could have went longer than 8 minutes. After the second 8 minute run I did an extra run for about a minute as well. Isn't that CRAZZZZYYYYY that five weeks ago, I thought I was going to die just doing the 3 minute runs. You are doing awesome and we love you too!!!!

@dyianne - you are so close to the finish line!!! Can't wait to get where you are. The weeks seem to be moving faster and faster and it just keeps getting better and better.

@Jtp - LOL@ the ponytail. Wow girl you are really on fire doing all those extra intervals after the session. I just find it so amazing how we are all feeling like we can surpass the program. It's an awesome feeling of accomplishment!

@Gnoccola - Yea my family has been telling me how crazy hot it is in NY. Definitely have to take it easy. It has been really hot here too so I haven't been able to go the park and have been doing my runs on the treadmill. I'm going to try to do my week 5 day 3 run this Friday or Saturday at the park though. I think I need to be around nature to ease my mind running for 20 minutes.
  • CaelaXO
    CaelaXO Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Im new to the group! Was in another group but I was the only one posting and Laura was nice enough to invite me to join you guys! Thanks Laura!!!

I did w7d1 yesterday! I cant believe it but i am acutally looking forward to running everyday! I just got a Garmin Forerunner HRM and i cant wait to use it outside. I have been doing most of my running on the treadmill, due to the heat in FL and the time i work out (lunchtime at work) But im going to make time this weekend to get outside and run!! Hoep to get to know everyone before we finish up the C25K!
  • kalcide
    kalcide Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi Caela, welcome to our group, everyone is doing so well here!!

Im going for Wk5 D1 tommorow.

I had weigh in today and gained half a pound. now i know i had my birthday/wedding/ and girlie drunken night. but am was good the other days and feel very disheartened.

gonna stick to it 100% this week and continue to run and fingers crossed ill get results next week!!

I just hope its not my running holding the weight back as im looking forward to doing the longer runs!!
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone's doing really well:)

Even though I had a 3 hour drive home from a work conference and had to eat dinner first, and let that go down, I still went out for my run. I was a bit tired, but I had a good run. The common where I run is on quite high ground, the sky is huge from there, and tonight there was a beautiful sunset. I had the common almost to myself, the heathers are all in flower so there are swathes of purple heather everywhere. It was c25k week 4 day 2 today. I ran for 20 mins without stopping, I doubt I've EVER done that before, even as a child!
    I'm loving it - can't wait 'till Friday:) :love:
  • froggy77064
    froggy77064 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @onebrytesmile-yes it does keep me motivated and i look forward to reading everybodies accomplishments.it's what drives me to get healthier

did w2d2 this morning,felt a lot better today.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've done it! I've completed the last run of the last week of C25K!! Thank you OneBryteSmile for starting the group and everyone else here for helping me to stay motivated. This is a great bunch of people!

I been running a roughly 5.2K route for the last couple of weeks, from the end of my driveway back to the end of my driveway, and didn't quite make it back this morning before the 5 minutes for the cool down walk were up. Almost, though. I wasn't even within sight of the house when the podcast ended after w9/d1.

My goals now are 1) to actually run a full 5K without counting the ground covered during the warm up and cool down walks, and 2) to pick up some speed. I plan to start running at the university track at least once a week, both because I think it will be easier to work on speed over there and because it's a precisely measured distance. I can't get better than a rough estimate of the distances I've been running around my neighborhood. The rolling hills are great for building endurance, though.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Im new to the group! Was in another group but I was the only one posting and Laura was nice enough to invite me to join you guys! Thanks Laura!!!

You're very welcome. Glad to see you made it over.
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've done it! I've completed the last run of the last week of C25K!! Thank you OneBryteSmile for starting the group and everyone else here for helping me to stay motivated. This is a great bunch of people!

I been running a roughly 5.2K route for the last couple of weeks, from the end of my driveway back to the end of my driveway, and didn't quite make it back this morning before the 5 minutes for the cool down walk were up. Almost, though. I wasn't even within sight of the house when the podcast ended after w9/d1.

My goals now are 1) to actually run a full 5K without counting the ground covered during the warm up and cool down walks, and 2) to pick up some speed. I plan to start running at the university track at least once a week, both because I think it will be easier to work on speed over there and because it's a precisely measured distance. I can't get better than a rough estimate of the distances I've been running around my neighborhood. The rolling hills are great for building endurance, though.

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!
  • catcass1122
    catcass1122 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Week 4, Day 3 will be completed tonight! I'm getting more nervous each week, but that has always been followed by being pleasantly surprised that I can do it! My SIL is on week 7 and we've commited to running a 5k Turkey Trott (that I barely got through 2 years ago) on Thanksgiving! This time, I'll be competing with everyone...last time I was competing with myself. As you'll note, I should have the C25K complete long before that, so the plan is to work on speed! We invite many from our family to join us and it's always fun getting them on board and eating guiltlessly through the holiday!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    llkilgore Congratulations! Welcome Caela. OK it is getting evident to me I have to visit this thread more than when I have completed one of my C25K "runs". Too much is happening here. It is really exciting and inspiring. So I completed Week 5 Day 3! I live in Seattle and we haven't had much of a summer and everyone else is complaining of the heat. So I am not used to 'running" in the heat. So far each of my sessions have been cool and sometimes even misty. So today the day of my 20 minute run it is not only sunny but it is hot. I slept in because my Mom needed me to spend the night and we stayed up late. So it was even right in the heat of the day. But really not that hot. I just said if it is feeling hot just take it slow but I am not letting anything stop me, especially a little nice weather. It is beautiful today. It went very well. When I heard my timer go off I just kept running a bit to make sure I did all the 20 minutes. At the end I felt like I was running better as opposed to my usual slow jog. I lost my sweet step father this week. He was 95. He really was the only grandfather my kids have known. My mother married him 7 years ago. However taking care of yourself is really helpful no matter what we are going through. Keep on running everyone.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Week 7 day 3 done. It's not getting any easier. I did it but I was tired while I was running. I couldn't wait for it to be over. It being hot out probably has something to do with it. I have a lot going on this weekend so I will start week 8 on Monday. You are all doing great. Keep it up.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    @Caela - Welcome!!! I think this is absolutely the best C25K group on MFP :). I'm also in FL and have been doing the same thing because of the heat. I'm hoping I can do week 5 day 3 this week at the park early Saturday morning. Well I've added you to our group list so if you want to check it out to see what other ladies are also on week 7 like you are welcome to. Just click the link in my signature and then click "group list". Happy running!

@Kal - welcome to week 5! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I got through day 1 & 2 better than I thought and even threw in extra intervals. Sorry to hear about the gain but like I told you it could be so many things. I know you've been working hard and it may take a little time but it will pay off. I highly doubt the runs will make you gain. It was most likely related to your diet or if you are doing lots of weight lifting then you could be putting on muscle. I feel like the running is helping me tone more than anything. My calf muscles are starting to show and my legs in general are really starting to get more toned. I'm sending positive thoughts your way and hoping this week is better for you.

@Caroline - Way to stay committed! did you mean you were on week 5 or 6? I thought week 4 was only 5 minute runs. If you did 20 minute runs without stopping then you are way ahead of the game girl and that is fantastic! Week 5 is going to be a piece of cake for you.

@Froggy - Glad you felt better today :)

@Catcass - Congrats on signing up for your 5K. I'm sure you are going to do great. And I think that is awesome that you've recruited your family and helping them get healthy too.

@Dyiaane - Good job finishing. The heat could definitely be a factor in how you're feeling doing the run. It could also be fatigue depending on what else you have going on. Or it could be your speed if you perhaps you are going to fast. Hopefully you'll figure out what it is and week 8 will be better. Good luck!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    llkilgore Congratulations! Welcome Caela. OK it is getting evident to me I have to visit this thread more than when I have completed one of my C25K "runs". Too much is happening here. It is really exciting and inspiring. So I completed Week 5 Day 3! I live in Seattle and we haven't had much of a summer and everyone else is complaining of the heat. So I am not used to 'running" in the heat. So far each of my sessions have been cool and sometimes even misty. So today the day of my 20 minute run it is not only sunny but it is hot. I slept in because my Mom needed me to spend the night and we stayed up late. So it was even right in the heat of the day. But really not that hot. I just said if it is feeling hot just take it slow but I am not letting anything stop me, especially a little nice weather. It is beautiful today. It went very well. When I heard my timer go off I just kept running a bit to make sure I did all the 20 minutes. At the end I felt like I was running better as opposed to my usual slow jog. I lost my sweet step father this week. He was 95. He really was the only grandfather my kids have known. My mother married him 7 years ago. However taking care of yourself is really helpful no matter what we are going through. Keep on running everyone.

It's a bit hard for me to respond to this because I want to congratulate you and I'm so excited for you on getting over the week 5 hump but I'm so sad to hear about your step-dad and my condolences go out to you and your family. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one as I have lost two already this year. Thanks for your support here and I'm happy that you have pushed through and kept on running.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options

Congratulations girl!!! You are the first of the group to complete and I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration to all of us. I know you will reach those goals and beyond!
  • jessicaluck
    Options
    hello everyone! Im new here to the mfp and i thought i would look for some support on the C25K. I just finished w3d2 and i was struggling the last 3 min run, it felt like someone had tied weights to my feet, but i kept with it! you guys are good inspiration thank you!
  • doony19
    doony19 Posts: 10
    Options
    What is C25K?
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    What is C25K?

Hello, click the link in my signature for all the information and links to the C25K website. :smile: