C25K Support Group Starting 6/27

Options

Replies

• jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I am on the spreadsheet but can not seem to up date it. I just finished week 3. Can anyone help me out?

thanks!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Completed w1d2 today with my newly downloaded podcast! Whoop!! So glad I downloaded that because I misread the chart the first day and shorted my workout by 2 runs! It's all good though...today felt great!!

It is all good. You are doing great!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    I been on vacation all week. I have worked out but mostly weights and hiking. I left on week 5 day 2. Only problem is I'm worried coming back to week 5 week 3. It is a big jump from week 5 day 2- 8 minute running intervals, to 20 minutes straight running. I'm thinking I should do week 5 day 2 again before I move on the week 5 day 3. I know I won't be able to do 20 minutes of straight running after not running for a week. What do you think? Hope you all are doing well. Has anyone taken the jump from week 5 day 2 to week 5 day 3? If so, how was it? I'm scared. My plan next week is to take gym classes 4 days a week and run 3 days a week. I want to loose my last 3 pounds this month and then maintain.

I think Kilgore's suggestion is a very good one. You can give it a shot and if you have to do more or longer recovery walks then so be it. There's always another day you can try it again.

And congrats on being so close to your goal and maintenance. That seems so far away for me lol.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    I just started C25K on Monday, the first time I have ever done a proper exercise regime. I'm determind to keep the running up, and this is a great help. Day 1 was great! The hardest bit was getting off my backside and out the door to do it. I'm doing day 2 in a minute.

Hi Caroline, I have added you to the group list. I know how you feel about getting started. But once you do it, it just feels so great and you want to keep going. Can't wait to hear about your weekly journey.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    I have a question: On the treadmill, my speed is between 8.5 - 10 kph which I found out is like 5.5 - 6.25mph. Does that seem very slow to you guys? I mean I am definitely 'running' but people are seem to be running at like 8 - 10mph?!

OMG Petit, that is nowhere near slow. I'm not sure who is running at 8-10mph. Definitely not me LMAO. The highest I have done on the treadmill so far is 6mph and that was tough so I can't even imagine 10. You are doing GREAT!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Hi guys! I am on the spreadsheet but can not seem to up date it. I just finished week 3. Can anyone help me out?

thanks!

Hi Jt, you would need an account to edit so I just thought it was easier if I set it up read only for everyone. I just updated your status. :smile:
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey, I know I'm a little late, but I was wondering if I could still join? I started week 1 last Saturday, and finished today. I think I'll start week 2 on Friday or Saturday. It's actually pretty difficult for me- I'm soooo out of shape, but I'm gonna keep going. We can do this! :happy:
  • jtp5184
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll let you know how my week 5 day 3 goes when I attempt it. Good luck.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Hey, I know I'm a little late, but I was wondering if I could still join? I started week 1 last Saturday, and finished today. I think I'll start week 2 on Friday or Saturday. It's actually pretty difficult for me- I'm soooo out of shape, but I'm gonna keep going. We can do this! :happy:

Sure you can Emma! I made it official. :smile:

It was difficult for me too but it gets better and you will surprise yourself and what you will be able to accomplish. Just take it slow and work your way through it. It's mind over matter in the truest sense.
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I'm planning to start today and just randomly fount the group.
    Can you also recommend a playlist? Thanks a bunch.
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Day 1 completed. It wasn't bad. :)
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    Attempted Week5Day3 tonight. This is the big jump - 20 minutes straight. I didn't quite make it, but am still thrilled with how I did. I ran 10 min, walked 2. ran 9. So not quite there, but holy cow, what an accomplishment from where I started!

Keep it up everyone - we are all in this together, each little accomplishment is earned and we should all be proud!
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Attempted Week5Day3 tonight. This is the big jump - 20 minutes straight. I didn't quite make it, but am still thrilled with how I did. I ran 10 min, walked 2. ran 9. So not quite there, but holy cow, what an accomplishment from where I started!

Keep it up everyone - we are all in this together, each little accomplishment is earned and we should all be proud!

That is awesome!

I just did W1D2 last night. D1 was the treadmill, and this was outside. I did OK despite the massive hills in our development and the heat.....
  • jtp5184
    Options
    woohoo techymom! i am very nervous about that jump. good for you for being able to do it!
  • Shannon1023
    Shannon1023 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Finished week 1!! Woohoo!! (but I can't update the spreadsheet? ): ). Felt great... Went farther today than I did on Tue... And my dog ran it with me so I had company :)) Let's bring on week 2!!

Lol! Just read an earlier post... thanks for managing the spreadsheet!! You can mark my week 1 complete! :)
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Can I join? I'm planning to start today and just randomly fount the group.
    Can you also recommend a playlist? Thanks a bunch.

Hey G, and welcome to our group!
    If you go to the link in my signature, I have a bunch of websites with various playlists. I personally enjoy the one from kissmy****.org. It's pretty much Top 40 stuff with hip hop, pop, etc. I know the songs and I get to sing along which helps get my mind off the fact that I'm actually running in hot weather LOL. I have another link as well that has all kinds of genres of music so you should be able to find something that you like.

Great job on completing your first run!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Finished week 1!! Woohoo!! (but I can't update the spreadsheet? ): ). Felt great... Went farther today than I did on Tue... And my dog ran it with me so I had company :)) Let's bring on week 2!!

Lol! Just read an earlier post... thanks for managing the spreadsheet!! You can mark my week 1 complete! :)

Done! Great job Shannon!

Bring it on!!! :laugh:
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options

That is awesome Tech that you completed it. That's what counts. You and Kilgore are the farthest along on the spreadsheet and are doing great! You guys are an inspiration for all of us just getting started!
  • joyoungolivia
    joyoungolivia Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ooh, is it too latr to join? I just completed w1d1. I never run so this is gonna be a real challenge, but I'm hoping it will gt me out of my plateau!