C25K Support Group Starting 6/27

Options

Replies

• OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hi Jo, you are of course welcome to join us. How did you first run go?

If you need any additional information like podcasts, apps, etc, check out our group information page - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/OneBryteSmile/view/onebrytesmile-s-mfp-c25k-group-120434 .
  • kalcide
    kalcide Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    evening all!!

quick update! WK2 completed!!!

my run/walk spots were slightly further along than last time so i must have got a bit faster! struggled to start but then i always do!!

my 5 min warm up ends on a hill!! doh!!

there are so many hills round here. what you go down you must go back up!! lol

any way, found use of a tip that came up on my facebook the other day.

When going up hills focus ahead rather that at your feet.

this really helped me today. i didnt think i would make the last section which is up a hill but i did!!

onto next week!! yay!!!.... i think im excited about it!! lol

ill chat tomoz, but its shower and bed for me.

keep up the good work everyone!! its great to see everyones acheivements!!!

so inspiring!!!
  • kalcide
    kalcide Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    evening all!!

my run/walk spots were slightly further along than last time so i must have got a bit faster! struggled to start but then i always do!!

this really helped me today. i didnt think i would make the last section which is up a hill but i did!!

so inspiring!!!
  • laurstarks
    laurstarks Posts: 35
    Options
    i'd also love to join!

tomorrow will be W1, D3. so far so good! i LOVE the c25k iphone/ipod app. it's amazing that all i have to do is push a button and it basically does the work for me. much easier than trying to use a stop watch! totally recommend it if you have a smartphone (pretty sure droid has an app as well)!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Kalcide I am impressed with your running on hills. I have very slight incline on the route I use. So today I completed Day 2 of Week 3. So one more to go with this week. It is still a challenge but doable. I am definitely reading all the posts and it helps me look ahead. Looks like great progress to me. Welcome to all they new C25K people.
  • ncarmanrn
    ncarmanrn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I would love to join your group. I am on week 2 day 2. So far so good. I am going out shortly to do day 2. Just waiting for it to cool down just a little outside. Thanks
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    evening all!!

so inspiring!!!

Thanks for sharing the tip Kal. I told you that you were going to kick butt! :)
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    i'd also love to join!

tomorrow will be W1, D3. so far so good! i LOVE the c25k iphone/ipod app. it's amazing that all i have to do is push a button and it basically does the work for me. much easier than trying to use a stop watch! totally recommend it if you have a smartphone (pretty sure droid has an app as well)!

You're in! Welcome :)
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Hello everyone! I would love to join your group. I am on week 2 day 2. So far so good. I am going out shortly to do day 2. Just waiting for it to cool down just a little outside. Thanks

Welcome! The more the merrier. I love seeing all the new people who are starting the program and I love reading about your progress and challenges. Helps me get excited about what's to come.

I've added you to the spreadsheet and marked you completed for week 1. Congratulations!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tBxdK7fEMV3qnt2FZktRCPw&authkey=COK98t0N&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • joyoungolivia
    joyoungolivia Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    HI, W1D2 completed, felt a bit better than w1d1 so I'm hoping the next one will be ok too. Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Hey Olivia, glad the second day felt better. I definitely think it gets better each day. "The more you do, the more you can do". :smile:

I'm going to do week 2 day 3 today or tomorrow.
  • alyana1
    alyana1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey thought i'd post up.

I got to week 4 and about to do day 2.. and i got injured at work! I've hurt my back on my right side (and have chronic sciatica on the left) so i've had to give up running for now. Such a shame because i'm getting annoyed at not going out. I'm trying so hard to stick to my 1200 a day, but went over a few times. Admittedly i've not sat still (and should have to help healing) and been doing some heavy duty cleaning (suppose i've burnt some calories from that) which probably hasn't helped. I'm permanently limping and its been a week now. :( I WILL GET BACK TO RUNNING!! Just keep me motivated please!

I have som form of gluten intolerance and badly bloat from bread, potatoes and pasta. Like one slice of bread makes me gain 3 lbs. So i'm also finding it hard to know exactly what weight i am. I try to weigh myself when i've had a few days without any form of gluten, which you can imagine is hard. Nearly 2 weeks ago i weighed myself and was at 199.6lbs, i tried weighing myself this morning and i'm at 200.4lbs but considering i've been sticking well to the 1200 calories (and eating my exercise calories where possible) i'm a bit frustrated. I'm nightshift this weekend, so there may be a chance i'll lose some there!

Hope everyone is doing well! I hope to be back running by the latest of the end of next week. No doubt i'll have to go back to week3, but i might give week 4 another shot as soon as i get back to it!

Aly
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I just started w4 and boy is it hard! For me the hardest thing is I get bored during the 5 minute run! all i do is think is this almost over? i liked the interval a bit more. So to take my mind off it i watch my distance and try to up it.

I was able to do the first 5 min run and 3 min run with out problems but the second i had to stop during the 5 min run and walk for a few. I feel very winded when i run for that long BUT my heart rate does not go up nearly as high as it used to so i guess that counts for something.

I will most likely be repeating some days in week 4 because even thought i am able to push through it i am not comfortable wiht it for now.

happy running!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Hey thought i'd post up.

I got to week 4 and about to do day 2.. and i got injured at work! I've hurt my back on my right side (and have chronic sciatica on the left) so i've had to give up running for now. Such a shame because i'm getting annoyed at not going out. I'm trying so hard to stick to my 1200 a day, but went over a few times. Admittedly i've not sat still (and should have to help healing) and been doing some heavy duty cleaning (suppose i've burnt some calories from that) which probably hasn't helped. I'm permanently limping and its been a week now. :( I WILL GET BACK TO RUNNING!! Just keep me motivated please!

I have som form of gluten intolerance and badly bloat from bread, potatoes and pasta. Like one slice of bread makes me gain 3 lbs. So i'm also finding it hard to know exactly what weight i am. I try to weigh myself when i've had a few days without any form of gluten, which you can imagine is hard. Nearly 2 weeks ago i weighed myself and was at 199.6lbs, i tried weighing myself this morning and i'm at 200.4lbs but considering i've been sticking well to the 1200 calories (and eating my exercise calories where possible) i'm a bit frustrated. I'm nightshift this weekend, so there may be a chance i'll lose some there!

Hope everyone is doing well! I hope to be back running by the latest of the end of next week. No doubt i'll have to go back to week3, but i might give week 4 another shot as soon as i get back to it!

Aly

Oh man Aly, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how frustrating that has to be. I had to give up volleyball because of tendonitis in my elbows per my doctor and it made me so sad. I had to quit my league because it was just painful to keep playing. Sometimes we just have to listen to our bodies and take care of ourselves first. I hope the situation improves for you and you can come back and join us very soon.
  • MistyDC29
    MistyDC29 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I wanna join! I am doing w1 d2 today, so I am behind everyone, but I need all the support I can get! I would love to join.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Hi All,

I just started w4 and boy is it hard! For me the hardest thing is I get bored during the 5 minute run! all i do is think is this almost over? i liked the interval a bit more. So to take my mind off it i watch my distance and try to up it.

I was able to do the first 5 min run and 3 min run with out problems but the second i had to stop during the 5 min run and walk for a few. I feel very winded when i run for that long BUT my heart rate does not go up nearly as high as it used to so i guess that counts for something.

I will most likely be repeating some days in week 4 because even thought i am able to push through it i am not comfortable wiht it for now.

happy running!

Are you using a podcast? I love the ones from Suz's website. It's more modern and upbeat music so in between I just love jamming to the music and singing along which helps take my mind off how bored I am or how winded I am. People on the trail look at me crazy because here I am running in hot weather singing to myself and looking like I'm having a heck of a good time LOL.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Hey Misty, you are not behind. Everyone in the group is on a different week. Check out our group list - https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvHU3frwtA1PdEJ4ZEs3ZkVNVjNxbnQyRlprdFJDUHc&hl=en_US&authkey=COK98t0N.

Adding you to the list now.

If you need links to podcasts and any other info, check out our blog at the link in my signature.

How is it going so far for you?
  • MistyDC29
    MistyDC29 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sore two days after my first run. I am supposed to go today...but the idea of running and being this sore is kinda scary. It's raining out right now, so I am going to have to go to the gym to do it. I will have to post here after I make it there! :-)
  • alyana1
    alyana1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks Onebrytesmile! I know what you mean. I had to give up badminton when I first injured my back in a car accident back in 2008, but i went back to it a year later. I mean it wasn't easy, but i thoroughly enjoyed it. Then i had to give it up again due to finances. At least running is free.

Misty,go do it! I remember feeling very sore the after my first run, but on the second day of feeling sore i made myself go out again. You know what, on the 3rd day it was gone, and i've never been sore since!

Onebrytesmile, i'm half tempted to try and go running at the end of next week, whether the pain has gone or not. I know when i run I don't get sciatica, but when walking i do. So maybe running might help my side?! I'm willing to test that theory.. as long as i have a few days off between. Maybe try the likes of week 1 again, or even week 2 just to see how it copes.

See i AM determined to not let it beat me!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    I admire your commitment Aly. Just be safe and do what you can.