June 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Added a picture and my finish video to my marathon thread in the MRC forum.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @Orphia - Awesome PB!! I know I have said this before, but you are so inspiring!
  • MNLittleFinn
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Orphia i was so wrapped up in my day, I forgot to say, congrats on the PB! Great job!
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    PBs to the max today for me at the Winter Solstice Lighthouse to Lighthouse 15 km run! I'd taken it very easy all week after last weekend's 80 km hike, and it paid off. 15 km in 1:25:50 including a 10 km PB of 56:04. Feeling pretty bloody happy!

Awesome job on your race!
  • cameronheel
    cameronheel Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    To all the dads out there, Happy Father's Day.

June 17 - Rest Day.
    June 18 - 5 miles. Very sunny, hot and humid this morning even at 07:30. Had to slow way down to maintain heart rate in the easy and aerobic zones on my Garmin.
    June Total - 52.5/50. Initial June Goal met. New goal for June is 75 miles.

Congrats to all who raced or set PR's this weekend.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    So this 80/20 book is pretty annoying. You have to look in at least three places to know what anything is.

For example, in the Marathon plan, it says "Long Run 1" and nothing else. What is that? Well, you flip the Appendix where it promises to define anything and it says "Same as foundation run" so then you look up foundation run and see that it is basically warm up in zone 1, then run in zone 2, and cool down in zone 1. Great. But for how many miles? Back to the "Getting started chapter" and there you see that Long Run 1 is 6 miles with 1 mile in zone 1. Oh, what was zone one again? Go to chapter six to find that out.

So going to have spend the better part of an afternoon trying to make this into something I can pick up and read "Today run 6 miles at easy-moderate level."

In other news, I planned to do a "long run" today - but thunderstorms are rolling towards us. *sigh*
  • PastorVincent
    Options

What is the "MRC forum" ?
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

It's thr monthly running challenge forum in the group's section
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 6 miles
    6/2 - 4 miles
    6/3 - rest day
    6/4 - 7 miles
    6/5 - 3 miles
    6/6 - rest day
    6/7 - 4 miles (the Big Run 5K and warm up)
    6/8 - unscheduled rest day
    6/9 - 4 miles
    6/10 - 3 miles
    6/11 - 7 miles
    6/12 - 3 miles of recovery
    6/13 - rest day
    6/14 - 7 miles
    6/15 - 3 miles of recovery
    6/16 - 5K and 1 mile of warmup
    6/17 - rest day
    6/18 - 6 miles

61 of 70 miles

exercise.png

Wow 80F and 96% humidity when Skip and I went out. We started to drive to the greenway and it started to pour, like can't see pour. So we headed back home where it wasn't running, but so humid it was like a blanket on you. The entire run was awful, just so hot you couldn't breathe. The best thing about it was it's over :smiley: and it started to pour at mile 5. We started out for 7 but I was dying.

@orphia FANTASTIC
  • PastorVincent
    Options

It's thr monthly running challenge forum in the group's section

Oh, did not even know that existed. I will have to try and remember to look there occasionally.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Are you a not a bit warm for a run?

@midwesterner85 I looked at the Weather Network and it looks close to a perfect day for a long run in the Mountains - Marathon in Banff, AB for @JessicaMcB, she may have even been chilly at the start with an overnight low of 6C = 43F plus wind-chill factor.
    ecra0bvqr3ih.jpg
  • sktobin
    sktobin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    June 12-strength day
    June 13-5km
    June 14-8km
    June 15-5km
    June 16-rest-biked to work
    June 17-14km
    June 18-rest

All early morning runs this week. Love getting out before work.

June's total is 72 km. Working towards 120. Two races coming up in July--an 8km and a 16km. Hoping to do a half in September. Loving this group. So many awesome runners! Great to read about everyone's experiences. Keep running, keep smiling