Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Guys telling me I do too much cardio. Not all of us want to be a 200 lb meathead!

Yes you do. ;)
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Guys telling me I do too much cardio. Not all of us want to be a 200 lb meathead!

Tell them to mind their own business.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Cursing while lifting, in between lifting, etc...just because. F-Bomb's not necessary.
    truth.
    I regard cursing as a lack of eductaion, I damn sure do.

Oh, well, that's presumptuous AND inaccurate. As long as they aren't screaming it across the gym, perhaps you better put your big kid pants on for that one. Geesh...

I reckon that the humor was lost on this lil' snowflake.

damn.gif
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I don't know too many 200 pound meatheads.... doesn't meathead start at about 230?

I get it tho'.... there are some gyms I won't go near here in town; the d-bag factor is waaay too high.

Lean is good

Lean and strong AF is better.

Maybe if you're 5'3"?
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    robs_ready wrote: »
    People that sit on machines on their phones taking selfies...*kitten* off im losing gains.

That is the worst. If you want to have a photo shoot, go do that. I'm trying to get in and out and on with my life.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    I get annoyed when 1) there is an entire row of not in use cardio machines and someone gets on the one on either side of the one I am on. Gym etiquette 101 leave some sweat space, at least every other machine when it is not a crowded time at the gym! 2)People who don't wipe down their equipment 3) I get grossed out when people use the industrial equipment spray to wipe down their faces!

I have a favorite treadmill and I don't really care about your so-called personal space. I'll be putting at least 4-5 miles on it, so I need one that isn't wonky.

This^ Out of about 10 treadmills at the gym I go to, two of them are better than the rest for quickly adjusting speed when doing HIIT. You may be the only person on treadmill row but if you're using one of those two, we're going to be neighbors.

Right? I mean a lot of people might not notice how banged up these machines are, if they're just doing light cardio...but if you're doing intervals or any kind of challenging runs it really makes a difference. Did you think I just WANTED to be all up in your kool-aid? Nah, I have a fitness related reason for almost every single thing I do *in the gym*
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Literally the only thing that bothers me at the gym are people with offensive odors. You have the ones who need a shower, the ones who don't wear deodorant, and also the ones who wear WAY too much cologne/body spray. I want to breathe while I'm working out - not gag.

Cologne sure, but you are at a GYM.. a common thing that happens at the gym is sweating.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Literally the only thing that bothers me at the gym are people with offensive odors. You have the ones who need a shower, the ones who don't wear deodorant, and also the ones who wear WAY too much cologne/body spray. I want to breathe while I'm working out - not gag.

Cologne sure, but you are at a GYM.. a common thing that happens at the gym is sweating.

Sure, but fresh sweat rarely smells extremely bad. Now, fresh sweat soaking into a workout shirt that hasn't been washed for a week or two....

Even fresh sweat can be gross - which leads me into one of my pet peeves...

Saw a guy (who I call "The Bear") doing planks on a gym mat right under the cable machine (also kinda *kitten* - there are areas you can do this and not block people from equipment). When he got up the mat he was using was SOAKED. It looked like he had pissed on it or something. He just rolled it up and put it back with the others. If you sweat THAT much please bring a beach towel with you. ;)
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Naked women in the changing room. There was a woman in the locker right next to me the other day and she was putting lotion all over her body next to me. I mean there is a time and a place for the lotion people!
  • edwill3456
    edwill3456 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    >tfw you workout at home so you can't relate lol
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    grace173 wrote: »
    Naked women in the changing room. There was a woman in the locker right next to me the other day and she was putting lotion all over her body next to me. I mean there is a time and a place for the lotion people!

At my old gym there was this chick who worked out before work and she would shower and then do everything else first before finally getting dressed as the last step. She would walk around the locker room in her flip flops and nothing else. She'd brush her teeth, apply all her creams and lotions, dry and style her hair, apply makeup, give herself pedicures, etc. Then after all else was done she'd get dressed. I think she enjoyed being naked. And she would take hours getting ready. I know this because she'd be in the shower when I arrived at the gym and still be getting dressed as I left. LOL. I'd forgotten all about her...
  • CoachFrenchie
    CoachFrenchie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Stare.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    People who come along and take the locker immediately adjacent to the one I'm already using when there's nobody else around. I end up tripping over someone when we're practically the only ones there.

LOL

I don't do this, but I open like five lockers sometimes before I can find mine (when I'm ready to leave). I'm guessing they try to use the same one all the time so it's easier to remember which is theirs

Plus it's human nature to pick one or two that you consider "yours" that you will use automatically if they are available. It's the same reason you always picked the same seats at school, even when not assigned, or get irritated when "your" parking spot is used when you get to work or your apartment, even when spots aren't assigned.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    spartan546 wrote: »
    Stare.

Staring directly - because staring covertly through mirror reflections is okay, right?