What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    amyteacake wrote: »
    How isolating this journey can be at times. It's probably been said before but I realized it today. My friends and I used to go out a lot and eat and catch up. Huge meals, appetizers, drinks, main course and dessert with a lot of laughter and chatting and fun.

The last few times we've gone, however, I seem to be the damper in the fun with my fish and veggies or my salad with dressing on the side.

Yes I know I can have a cheat meal and eat to maintenance or a bit over, but really, the frequency of these get togethers in the past would've overwhelmed any deficit I managed to scrape together. I can't have three cheat meals in one week after all, at least not easily.

So now, I'm invited less. I found out today that the group plans to go out tonight to a new restaurant that just opened. I'm free tonight but they didn't ask. I found out third hand from one of the spouses.

So yeah, it's tough. Might be time for me to find friends willing to go on a walk or something.

It wasn't until I read this comment that I realised how isolated my journey has started to become over time. I barely talk to my friends anymore. We used to hangout all the time, used to talk all the time, now we don't. I don't see them and they don't see me. At all. I lost weight and changed my lifestyle and we grew apart because I no longer mimicked their eating habits - which was basically McDonald's every time we went out or takeaways. I still eat McDonald's, but it's once a week instead of 4-5 times a week.

But I've realised that I don't need people like that in my life. You don't deserve to have people that exclude you purely because you've changed your eating habits. You're doing this for you, you're doing this to better yourself and they need to understand that.

That's right !!
  • texmexmfp
    texmexmfp Posts: 4 Member
    Any dudes on here got any experience between strength training and weightloss. Like does one effect the other?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!