Protein Donuts using your favorite protein pancake mix

Replies

• glasstacular
    glasstacular Posts: 56 Member
    Sometimes, what I'm thinking and what I'm texting are completely different.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Easy to do!
  • glasstacular
    glasstacular Posts: 56 Member
    Were on the same page with this recipe! And for the record, everything that goes in the oven will probably become a donut! I've already accepted this.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    Somehow those molds just placed themselves into my shopping cart and will be delivered on Wednesday to my house >:)

Mine came today :smile: But I'm waiting until Thursday to indulge

• ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    edited June 2017
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    Somehow those molds just placed themselves into my shopping cart and will be delivered on Wednesday to my house >:)

Mine came today :smile: But I'm waiting until Thursday to indulge

Thursday for me too, gonna pick up some Kodiak Cake pancake mix just for this recipe and give it a go! They have a donut recipe on their website too, so I may have to try both versions.. you know for science ;)
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Tried this recipe this morning. Overall, it was a pretty good first attempt, I think, but here's some observations:

1. In my excitement, I forgot to grease the silicone pan. I cannot stress the importance of this step enough, and that's all I have to say about that.

just keep splashing almond milk (or milk of your choice) in until you get a pancake batter like consistency.
    @Geocitiesuser had it right about splashing almond milk in: I would start with 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk and add more slowly. I poured the whole 0.5 cup into the mix, and it was runny. Though, I may keep it in there, because...

3. I personally need to add additional protein powder to the recipe, because with the Kodiak Cake mix the macros aren't as great. Behold:

uqmg7hlcgv9o.jpg

I'm looking forward to trying again with a different pancake mix and/or extra protein. I'll post an update. :)
  • DresdenSinn
    edited June 2017
    Here's mine:

o6b18wd6i6ym.jpg

I used Hungry Man Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix - I only got 5 donuts : (
    To increase the protein content I added 23g of VPX SRO Zero-Carb (Graham Cracker Flavored)
    And I didn't have Greek Yogurt so I used Cottage Cheese.

Icings are (from bottom going clockwise): Plain, Hershey's Chocolate Spread, Pillsbury Cream Cheese Cake Icing, Philadelphia Blueberry Cream Cheese, and Nuccina Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter. I'm going to ice the plain one with Jell-o Butterscotch Pudding once it sets :wink:
  • oocdc2
    Here's mine:

o6b18wd6i6ym.jpg

I used Hungry Man Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix - I only got 5 donuts : (
    To increase the protein content I added 23g of VPX SRO Zero-Carb (Graham Cracker Flavored)
    And I didn't have Greek Yogurt so I used Cottage Cheese.

Icings are (from bottom going clockwise): Plain, Hershey's Chocolate Spread, Pillsbury Cream Cheese Cake Icing, Philadelphia Blueberry Cream Cheese, and Nuccina Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter. I'm going to ice the plain one with Jell-o Butterscotch Pudding once it sets :wink:

They look great! Looking forward to the taste report...
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Damn Dresden those look amazing! Congrats coming off keto and happy pre-birthday! Your donut game is on point!
  • DresdenSinn
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    They look great! Looking forward to the taste report...

I'm looking forward to giving it :wink: Have to wait until midnight, I do a 24hr food fast before my Bday, midnight to midnight, then the eat and drink it on! And I pretty much stay awake for the full 24hrs of my Bday with the exception of a couple of power naps.

Damn Dresden those look amazing! Congrats coming off keto and happy pre-birthday! Your donut game is on point!

Thanks Geo!

crazyravr wrote: »
    Looking good but macros bro MACROS!!!! :) haha

Macros shmacros..I'm not caring too much about macros :wink:

• ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Here's mine!

1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk flapjack mix
    1/3 cup 1% milk
    1.5 Tbsp Truvia brown sugar blend
    4g Truvia honey
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 large egg

Baked at 425 for 8 minutes, SO good!

Glaze was

25g powdered sugar
    .5 tsp vanilla extract
    .5 Tbsp 1% milk

Turned out to be 89 cals each without the glaze, 111 cals with, and 6g protein. I got 6 donuts from that. Silicone molds worked beautifully.

Definitely delicious and will make again. Still going to try the OP's recipe too...

1xywubd4ma6u.jpg

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    @DresdenSinn Happy Birthday
  • chelllsea124
    I ordered the birthday cake protein powder on saturday and it still hasn't shipped. i'm gonna flip out. :s:D
  • monique_2010
    monique_2010 Posts: 1 Member
    This looks and sounds great! I can't remember the last time I indulged in a donut, so looking forward to trying out this recipe idea! Now to order a donut pan....
  • oocdc2
    Happy Birthday @DresdenSinn
    o055s11pvcli.jpg
  • DresdenSinn
    @DresdenSinn Happy Birthday

Thanks Stealth

oocdc2 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @DresdenSinn
    o055s11pvcli.jpg

Thank you, I'm having a great time eating and drinking!
  • DresdenSinn
    I ordered the birthday cake protein powder on saturday and it still hasn't shipped. i'm gonna flip out. :s:D

That's why I'm an Amazon Prime member..free 2 day shipping! The $99/yr membership more than pays for itself!

• chelllsea124

That's why I'm an Amazon Prime member..free 2 day shipping! The $99/yr membership more than pays for itself!

I ordered from amazon! They didn't even process the order yet! I've never experienced this.