Protein Donuts using your favorite protein pancake mix

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    I have ON birthday cake whey and I'm not really impressed tbqh. Best way I can describe it, is that it's just sweet, but there's no real distinct flavor to it. What brand did you get? Let me know how you like it. I love birthday cake flavor everything, but ON missed the mark for me.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    I have ON birthday cake whey and I'm not really impressed tbqh. Best way I can describe it, is that it's just sweet, but there's no real distinct flavor to it. What brand did you get? Let me know how you like it. I love birthday cake flavor everything, but ON missed the mark for me.

I got Oh My Spice... I'll let ya know what I think if it ever gets here
  • Geocitiesuser
    ^ Oh okay, yes, I have that too. If you use it, you might want to bump up to 20g to get the flavor to come through. Sometimes I use it in my yogurt also :)
  • chelllsea124
    ^ Oh okay, yes, I have that too. If you use it, you might want to bump up to 20g to get the flavor to come through. Sometimes I use it in my yogurt also :)

That's a great idea
  • Geocitiesuser
    Those look amazeballs, especially the glaze! I'm debating if I want to stick with birthday cake flavor or go with chocolate tomorrow for breakfast. Decisions decisions. Protein donuts make me happy. I'm thinking of using a nonfat cream cheese as the base for my glaze this time.
  • chelllsea124
    Those look amazeballs, especially the glaze! I'm debating if I want to stick with birthday cake flavor or go with chocolate tomorrow for breakfast. Decisions decisions. Protein donuts make me happy. I'm thinking of using a nonfat cream cheese as the base for my glaze this time.

I cancelled my last order with amazon because after a week, the items still didn't ship. so this time around I ordered the protein powder and the donut pan. Lets hope it doesn't take a week. lol!
  • Geocitiesuser

I cancelled my last order with amazon because after a week, the items still didn't ship. so this time around I ordered the protein powder and the donut pan. Lets hope it doesn't take a week. lol!

Do you have prime? Anytime I've had a problem with orders using prime, they've always given me the product for free, so it's worth complaining via phone or chat if you have an hour to kill sometimes.

I tried putting brownie mix in my donut tray but they didn't hold together. I think it's because I didn't let the brownies cool. Back to donuts ;)
  • chelllsea124
    I finally complained to Amazon and they added one day shipping to my items. They'll be here tomorrow by 8PM.
  • chelllsea124
    My donut pan and birthday cake mix should be here today!!!
  • Geocitiesuser
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Guess what showed up in the mail yesterday and what I will be baking this weekend haha :)

protein cheesecake in a donut shape? :joy: I've already decided you are head chef on this forum, so I eagerly await to hear about your results and tweaks.

I'm very tempted to make donut shaped meatloaf this weekend. Very very tempted.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I've made the apple donuts from the flapJacked recipe and they came out really nice. I was just thinking recently I need to make more donuts. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Geocitiesuser
    edited July 2017
    This time raspberry donuts with vanilla glaze. They came out a little too soggy but sure if it was too much raspberry puree/raspberry chunks, or too much almond milk (?) Delicious though. Especially frosting made of casein and almond milk. I might have to buy more casein just to make pudding and frostings out of since this was the last of mine.

uwuKrws.jpg

IicJLFb.png

notes: I pureed roughly half the raspberries and put that in the batter with the egg and almond milk, then I folded in the rest of the raspberries after cutting them in half. The batter 'looked' right and puffed up okay, but it was just too moist and as I dipped them in the glaze they were at risk of falling apart so I had to be careful.
  • chelllsea124
    Ok, so I made the birthday cake donuts today. They were pretty good. I bumped up the protein powder ( as recommended) and the flavor pulled through nicely. I really like these and I'll definitely be making more!
  • chelllsea124
    Also, I want to note that another reason I added more protein was because I (in general) just wanted more protein in this recipe. Each donut contains 10g of protein, which is perfect for me right now.
  • chelllsea124
    I also bought the same exact molds pictured above and they were amazing. I didn’t use any non stick spray and the donuts just popped right out.
  • chelllsea124
    Yeah, these donuts were the bomb.com
  • Geocitiesuser
    I also bought the same exact molds pictured above and they were amazing. I didn’t use any non stick spray and the donuts just popped right out.

Awesome! I'm glad my recipe contributed! I've been eating protein donuts for breakfast pretty much every weekend morning, and the silicone tray still works PERFECT, you might want to still use some spray though, just in case. I'm in love with making glaze/frosting with casein and almond milk now, so I bought 5lbs today. Apparently if you whip casein protein with almond milk it gets the consistency of pudding that is pretty much perfect for dipping a donut in. Tomorrow's breakfast... gonna be so good. lol.
  • chelllsea124

Awesome! I'm glad my recipe contributed! I've been eating protein donuts for breakfast pretty much every weekend morning, and the silicone tray still works PERFECT, you might want to still use some spray though, just in case. I'm in love with making glaze/frosting with casein and almond milk now, so I bought 5lbs today. Apparently if you whip casein protein with almond milk it gets the consistency of pudding that is pretty much perfect for dipping a donut in. Tomorrow's breakfast... gonna be so good. lol.

I don't even know what casein protein is... omg help me