WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Allie! Celebrate in style young lady!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Cheers to you Allie I would chuck that candy into the garbage where he (oops) it belongs. >:)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Allie - how horrible of TomCat to get you the Reeses. I hope you did something with them, like throw them in the garbage in front of him or some other way to let him know what you think of his "gift".

Michele in NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Sunny and warm here. Went and bought groceries this morning. Fresh bing cherries on sale. Yum! Anyone seen and tried cherryums? DD bought some. They are supposed to be part cherry, part plum. I tried one and it was okay but tasted like a small plum. I did not taste any cherry.

Allie - Happy birthday!!!

Beth - Hope you get things worked out for your son.

KJ - That is one darling grandbaby.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • JennieLeeAustin
    JennieLeeAustin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Still fighting my stupid computer! Sometimes technology stinks!!!!! I can't go more than two sentences then it kicks me off. Night all.

Jennie, Stafford Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,525 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

**wahoo hrm not recording right all the time :0/ **

bike ride hm 2 gym- 11.12min. 144mhr, 15.7mph, 2.9mi = 87c
    apple watch- 90c
    ELIPTICAL- 40min, 122mhr, 3incline, 3resistance, 3730strides, 93average strides per min., 3.81mi = 266c
    apple watch- 214c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.10min, 13.6amph, 143mhr. 1.4mi = 50c
    apple watch- 38c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 15.11min, 12amph, 143mhr, 3mi= 126c
    apple watch- 117c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.03min, 9.54min mi, 167mhr, .5mi = 65c
    apple watch- 52c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.45min, 10.15min mi, 151mhr, .4mi = 68c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride puy 2 hm- 52.30min, 11.2amph, 150mhr, 9.7mi = 499c
    apple watch- didn't record right

total cal 1161
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I was at Sam's club today and as I was waiting in the line to be lime to leave I thought I was seeing Pippa Middleton. I was looking at this very lovely, hum behind, in. Lovely long dress. She had a very shapely bottom, beautiful hair and knew how to walk and make the most of the look from behind. I knew if wasn't her but it was quite a moment.

Allie, I wish there was a way you could send that chocolate along with flowers to Tom's girlfriend. I am glad your family came through and gave you a good day.

Joyce, indiana
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Grandmallie - did I miss your bday???? happyyyyyyyy bdayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a couple of days ago our curtains for the airstream were in production and Kirby told me they are ready today!!!!!
    gonna go install them Sunday and now gotta pick a color for the awning now... pics of course will follow
  • pipcd34
    Options
    katla - lolololol thanks. I just felt pooped that day.... still managed to do over 800 that day which surprised me
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Allie:

1591254ykhu414t9y.gif

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Night!!! <3

Allie – Happy Birthday young lady! Sounds like the people who love you the most kept you in their hearts today and that’s what matters. Love the new avatar! Water in the background…energizing and renewing. (((HUGS)))

Beth – golly, sorry about DS’s CPAP mask problem. Glad the doc could see him right away and get him on antibiotics. You had a LOT on your plate today…(((HUGS)))) your way as well!

Kate – welcome back! Great pictures!

Heather – have fun with the grandkids! Rice pudding sounds delish!

Lenora – yes, I buy the little individual cups of ice cream – 100 calories. They do hit the spot and it’s easier to make them last. We’ve had a lot of pet burials too, tho the last 2 dogs we had were cremated. Still have their ashes.

Joyce – sounds like declawing Mr. Mozart will be the ticket. Some of those kitties can be so destructive. We have 2 scratching posts for our “rescue” indoor cat who is now 10 and I found out the other day she shredded a little rag rug I had rolled up and stuck in a corner in the guest room. GGRRR! NO good deed goes unpunished with that cat! I don’t know if she was actually a rescue – her owner moved to Alaska and kindhearted us took her in.

Kelly – I know you are counting the minutes until precious Joaquin is in your arms. He is sure growing up fast!

Cheri – thank you for sharing your downhill graph. Sure makes an impression to see it move in that direction! Way to go!

Carol- DH loaded Windows 10 on one of the computers = hated it, and finally managed to uninstall it. We love Windows 7. I think if a person buys a new computer with Windows 10 already on it, it manages lots better than trying to override W7 on an older machine. I used W10 on a laptop at work….I thought it was kind of hard to use but then didn’t have any training or time to figure stuff out.

Katla – sorry to hear your DH has come down with the summer crud!

Felicia – have fun in Seattle! Lots to do! Enjoy the ferry ride! I could spend a week at the Pike Place Market. You’ll get a lot of steps in if you walk around on all the levels. Make sure to watch them throw fish at the Fish Market. In the olden days-25 years ago- the fish company I worked for in Seattle sold fish to that place…it has changed hands since then I’m sure. But the entertainment remains!

Becca – glad today is a better day for you. Glad your CPO was along for your son’s visit to the recruiter. Yep, the Navy guys and Marines never really retire, do they?

Machka – when do you leave Canada? How’s your dad? You probably posted and I missed it, sorry!

Our above the range microwave kicked the bucket last week….we waited all afternoon for the new one to get here with the installer…he finally made it at around 4:45 (well, he said he’d be here between 3 and 5 so technically he did what he said). So I’m getting everything put back on the counters and made some supper at 5:30 which is late for us.

That training about invasive/noxious weeds was very interesting yesterday, and I’ve now finished my continuing education hours for Master Gardeners this year. Someone posted a photo of Mt. Rainier on Facebook this morning with a comment about “all the pretty wildflowers”. They were something called orange hawkweed which is highly invasive and at the top of the no-no list. Master Gardeners is so interesting and I love it but it takes a LOT of time for the initial training and then the following years to keep up certification with working in the demonstration gardens, working at plant clinics, taking more training, etc.

Also finished my on-line application for Social Security. Hard to believe I’ll be 66. Holy smokes.

Welcome newbies! Keep jumping in!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

Lanette
    SW WA State

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Good evening, I tried to catch up!

Allie Happy Birthday! Your bottle of wine sounds good! I would unwrap the candy and put them inside of his car!!
    Melted chocolate is hard to clean up!!
    Hee hee hee!

Jennie Maybe type onto a Word.doc and copy and paste into MFP?

Becca Hope things work out for your son!

Past pets: We had Ivan cremated and have his ashes in a pretty box on the mantle. We took him to the vets office; he was pretty much gone when we took him there. He had diabetes for the last two years of his life and asthma. (He lived with a guy who smoked all the time). We rescued him after the neighbor moved out.
    So, Ivan died when the vet took him in back. The vet came back out and told us he died when he was examining him.
    I cried and cried and cried!! The assistant asked what we wanted to do with him. I did not want him disposed of with other pets! So I had him cremated. It cost $100 but it was worth it. We just moved, the ground was hard and I didn't even know where a shovel was. Maybe one day I'll scatter his ashes in the woods.

I hope everyone here in the U.S. has a
    safe 4th of July! It's a long 4 day holiday for a lot of people and the traffic is heavy
    and there are quite a few boats on the lake too!

Later Gator!
    Dana in Arkansas
    mz7vjbtpptva.jpg
    aagocjuabkin.jpg
  • jennymo
    jennymo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Machka I live in Campbell River on Vancouver Island. You will have ridden through on your way to Port Hardy. I hope you were able to stop and see the carving along the shore. It is an event we are very proud of.
    Still having problems putting more than 2 days of good eating together. Not giving up though. This month I have maintained so that's a plus as I have at least stopped gaining.
    It's Canada Day tomorrow, our national birthday and there's all kinds of celebrations going on around town. Our plan is to get up and walk to where there is a pancake breakfast. Round trip it's about 6 or 7 miles so I won't feel bad about having a pancake(or two lol).
    To all my Canadian MFP's happy Canada Day. Enjoy our 150th with family and friends.
    Jenn
    BC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :) It is already July for some of you. It is past my usual bedtime. I just posted the new thread for July.

Here is the link:
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10572483/women-ages-50-for-july-2017/p1?new=1

Don't forget to bookmark the new thread so you can find it easily.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington just across the water from Canada
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka – when do you leave Canada? How’s your dad? You probably posted and I missed it, sorry!

We go back to cold and wintery Australia in about a week. My father is doing all right. They discovered that the stent he had installed when he had his heart attack 2 years ago didn't expand like it should have so it blocked right up. They've now installed a much larger one and also a pacemaker and he is almost back to normal again. Just did a short ride on his cattrike (recumbent trike bicycle) this evening. :)

They say that because he is a cyclist, that helped keep a lobe of his heart alive. He was able to develop several additional capillaries. So his Dr had encouraged him to keep cycling.

My father was the one that got me into cycling. :)

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I van was a regal looking young man. I am sorry he didn't live out his full life. Sorry he lived with a man who smoked. People don't realize who all that affects.

I have a cousin that lives in Seattle and she is always sending me the most wonderful pictures. She loves nature and I guess Seattle provides plenty of opportunities. She loves Windby Island (spelling). She also sent a video of Deception Pass and make me think of several of you especially of Pip. There was a pod of whales swimming around some kayakers. Now I would be scared to death. She also loves to take pictures of the light houses.

Home, indiana