True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    My youngest is struggling with life these days. It's breaking my heart not to be there for him. I feel that he needs my guidance as a father and I'm so far away.

Hugs S ..I imagine he misses you..Im sure you do as much as you can.. :*
    My youngest is struggling with life these days. It's breaking my heart not to be there for him. I feel that he needs my guidance as a father and I'm so far away.

My parents divorced when I was younger and I didn't see my dad often but I can tell you that distance never made me value our relationship any less or view him as any less of a father to me.

I do my best, but (to me) it never seems to be enough. I want to do more.

Honest to God as long as you're making an effort they will see it. My Dad started last year to call me instead of getting mad when i didnt call and its crazy how much im finding myself appreciating his effort, even though its so late. Keep up the good work, call and talk and visit when you can and dont stop when theyre teenagers and theyre too cool for you because thats when theyll remember if you were there or not.

All effort is good effort, my friend

Love this.

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I see so many posts here about people being lonely and in deeply unhappy marriages and I'm just so thankful that I am in such a good relationship that I almost can't even comprehend what it must be like to be in that kind of situation.

Agreed, It must be horrible. There are ways out though so I do often think "if its that bad, leave" although everyone's situation is different I guess.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I see so many posts here about people being lonely and in deeply unhappy marriages and I'm just so thankful that I am in such a good relationship that I almost can't even comprehend what it must be like to be in that kind of situation.
    MrStabbems wrote: »

Agreed, It must be horrible. There are ways out though so I do often think "if its that bad, leave" although everyone's situation is different I guess.

You both are so very fortunate, cherish your good relationships!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

You both are so very fortunate, cherish your good relationships!

I do, very much! We're coming on 10 years of being together and I hope we can continue to be as happy as we have been. <3

That is awesome!

Stories like yours inspire hope for me!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am working so hard on my house not because of the final outcome, but because of the spa day I very well deserve after all the work I've done.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Going to take my test this evening just to get it over with. I'm not really ready, but with the holiday and my work schedule I can take it tonight or Wednesday night. I'd rather have it done before the holiday and my day off. I just don't want to review for it and study this *kitten* anymore. Can't stand it anymore and I'm ready to move on to the next chapters. After this test I have two more exams to go and then I'm done with this stinkin class.

Good luck! :smile:
  • MrStabbems
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Going to take my test this evening just to get it over with. I'm not really ready, but with the holiday and my work schedule I can take it tonight or Wednesday night. I'd rather have it done before the holiday and my day off. I just don't want to review for it and study this *kitten* anymore. Can't stand it anymore and I'm ready to move on to the next chapters. After this test I have two more exams to go and then I'm done with this stinkin class.

Good luck L, whats the scan? subject sorry, at work....
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

Good luck :)
  • MrStabbems
    Options

Thanks guys. It's anatomy and physiology part 1. And today's test is on appendicular skeleton, skeletal and muscle tissue, joints, muscle system and movements, etc.

Wahhhhhh? that's the most interesting part!!! lol you wait until you get to homeostasis (hormone response, negative feedback loops), excretory systems or the krebs cycle lol

Either way good luck, does your exam include the nervous system, motor neurons, reflex arc etc?
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Thanks guys. It's anatomy and physiology part 1. And today's test is on appendicular skeleton, skeletal and muscle tissue, joints, muscle system and movements, etc.

You're gonna rock it!
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    I confess that I'm back on Fluoxetine, been referred for counselling and I've registered with a local self-help group while I'm on the waiting list. It seems that I have far from shaken off my feelings of low self worth and my need for external validation. I still have a lot of work to do. My now ex wants to remain friends and help me through it, I'm pretty humbled by that.

Way to go! I'm proud of you. Best of luck!

Thank you so much. Go for it on your test!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    I confess that I'm back on Fluoxetine, been referred for counselling and I've registered with a local self-help group while I'm on the waiting list. It seems that I have far from shaken off my feelings of low self worth and my need for external validation. I still have a lot of work to do. My now ex wants to remain friends and help me through it, I'm pretty humbled by that.

Good on you for realizing you need to reach for outside help, that is always the hardest step! Good luck and I truly hope this starts your road to healing and finding your self worth!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

You got this, just like the other ones! It will be nice that you won't have to worry about it tomorrow!
  • MrStabbems
    Options

Wahhhhhh? that's the most interesting part!!! lol you wait until you get to homeostasis (hormone response, negative feedback loops), excretory systems or the krebs cycle lol

Either way good luck, does your exam include the nervous system, motor neurons, reflex arc etc?

Yes on the motor neurons and a bit of the nervous system but that is going to be the next test in a couple weeks I believe. Yes we did homeostasis and the negative positive feedbacks, regulatory hormones last test ....it's all a blur!

I'm surprised this exam is one that you cant stand, it's usually the most interesting for students. What's been your favourite/worst?