• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3 Dynamix"=Done!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    3 mile run today!

And has anyone here had piriformis syndrome? I'm wondering how much I should be stretching to deal with it...
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    czvanut wrote: »
    3 mile run today!

And has anyone here had piriformis syndrome? I'm wondering how much I should be stretching to deal with it...

Nice work on the run!

Regarding Piriformis syndrome, what are the symptoms? Soreness in the hip joint/glute area?

When I have glute issues, I work on reducing the inflammation by icing it at first, then using a lacrosse ball to get direct pressure on the muscle fibers to push them back down into place and eventually relieve muscle tightness. I find that too much stretching of irritated muscle fibers just makes them worse. I'm certainly no trainer, but I have been a frequent flyer at PT and massage therapy, and this has been an effective treatment for me. Stretching then follows as part of the strengthening exercises, once the soreness has subsided.

Good luck. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • Monman45
    Monman45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

So how bad are cinnamon jolly ranchers? I have been having 4-6 between meals. It seems to curb my munchie cravings. But wondering if I'm sabotaging trying lose weight...
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Monman45 wrote: »

So how bad are cinnamon jolly ranchers? I have been having 4-6 between meals. It seems to curb my munchie cravings. But wondering if I'm sabotaging trying lose weight...

Are they pushing you over your calorie goals? Are they interfering with your intake of nutritious foods? Do you find that the sugar spikes your appetite? No? You're good.

For me, I'd probably go for a protein or fiber-rich snack for those calories, because that's what I find satiating. Carbs alone just make me hungrier.

If you're uncomfortably hungry, you may want to consider your weight loss goal. Is it aggressive (2 lbs/wk)? Feel free to move it down to give yourself more calories.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Hey, just passing through. 45 kinda sorta buff, was 270lbs now 193lbs. um yeah. Add me if you want, or not. Whatever is your proclivity.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pretty well sticking to my running training program. I'm trying to get my 5K under 29 minutes by September. I've finished Hardcore 22, and like always, I'll be doing a round of 21 Day Fix Extreme before starting another program. That gives me 3 weeks to decide between Master's Hammer & Chisel, P90X3, or Body Beast. P90X3 will probably win because of the 30 minute workouts and because I'll have to tweak it the least to work with my running program.

Oh, and I signed up for my first Half Marathon in November, Oy Vey!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 Total Synergistics"=Done!
  • crpoll549
    crpoll549 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again and need as much help as possible! Anyone add me!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "P90X3 Total Synergistics"=Done!

This one had to grow on me. It's kind of awkward.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Woke up too late to beat the heat, so ran on the treadmill today. 5k in 30:43. 1:45 better than my last 5k race, in 2015. Gotta shave off another 1:11 by early October to match my 20-year PR.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    czvanut wrote: »
    3 mile run today!

Nice work on the run!

Regarding Piriformis syndrome, what are the symptoms? Soreness in the hip joint/glute area?

When I have glute issues, I work on reducing the inflammation by icing it at first, then using a lacrosse ball to get direct pressure on the muscle fibers to push them back down into place and eventually relieve muscle tightness. I find that too much stretching of irritated muscle fibers just makes them worse. I'm certainly no trainer, but I have been a frequent flyer at PT and massage therapy, and this has been an effective treatment for me. Stretching then follows as part of the strengthening exercises, once the soreness has subsided.

Good luck. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thanks for the advice on icing!

I'm having a dull ache in the lower part of my left buttock, sometimes extending down my hamstring. For a time, I was having sciatica with it. The pain gets worse if I sit a long time - was in the car 4 hours on Saturday and felt like crying.

It doesn't hurt much when I'm exercising, and I stretch & use a roller on the muscle after workouts.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @TmacMMM congrats on 105 lost between you that is huge. We had my wife's british cousins over for the weekend and now need to give the liver a break :) . Last day of the long weekend.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    Lifted today. Felt good. I felt strong.

I am spending the summer working on shaving off some Fat. Nothing tremendous....just 0.5 lbs/week.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 Agility X"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    No Water Zumba today because of the holiday, but I did manage 45 minutes of lap swimming and 21DFX Dirty 30 Extreme. Now, I'm off to ride my bike to the store for a few groceries and then I think I'll bike ride around the neighborhood catching Pokemon. Gotta Catch'em All! ;)

@gam3rguy I keep seeing ads for Spartan at a nice discounted rate today. I may have to finally sign up for that sprint for February! I'm not thrilled about having to drive to Miami for it, but it's the only way to get the Florida Trifecta!
  • AlliElite
    AlliElite Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Can I join? I am almost 44, happily married mother to 2 kids and a daft Yorkie! I live in Scotland in the UK and am looking to lose about 50lbs. I am planning to start C-2-5K next week when my running shoes and sports bra arrive. I also plan on lifting weights a couple of times a week. Have no idea what I am going to do about diet but will try to make healthy choices and just log, log, log I guess!? All support and advice greatly appreciated!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good day kids. Hope all is well. I took Hiit and full body strength training yesterday. I took the holiday class this morning called Bike to the Barre. It was 45 minutes spin class and then to the Barre studio 45 minutes. My body is definitely feeling it. Have a great day everyone.
  • PennysOnaMission
    PennysOnaMission Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm 51 and I'd love to join. I'm working towards an initial strange goal....a weight to qualify for surgery that is needed (hernia) by September. I'm within 10 pounds and MFP has helped. I refuse to stop there .... But I'm noticing that I'm starting to regress because I'm so close. I need support. I truly want not just the surgery weight goal met but I want to have a different life in a body I know I'm meant to have... And it's not the "sack of potatoes" I'm in. I've lost 25 pounds and made huge changes. I need support getting past the "noise" in my head and kicks in the trail to move even if it's hot.... And ideas on other cheap ideas I can do when the weather's bad. Add me if you wish and thanks for letting me rant.