WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am not to MFP today and also i turned 50 this year. Would appreciate some Friends and motivation and inspiration! Mind if I join this cozy thread? Not sure of my July goals... I suppose to log my food every day.

Welcome. Keep coming back
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, it finally hit me! You keep on saying Whidby Island. May have got the spelling wrong. That is where my cousins go to all the time. They live in Seattle and love nature and photography. They love light houses and whale watching and I guess both of those are prime there.

I guess Me Mozart is back to being his usual kitten onerieness to Melody. So Melody is back to hiding out under my bed and I have no idea where he is. I haven't gone downstairs yet but he mainly goes down there when Charlie is there and he is up here with me. We are waiting for 2 PM for the golf tournament to come back on. There is a Major League fishing tournament.. I never knew there were such things. One of the fishermen. Said that fishing is supposed to be laid back and relaxing and he is exhausted. Well fishing should be laid back and relaxing. I am glad that in the course of this tournament, each fish they catch gets put right back in the water. They get a 2 minute penalty for letting the fish land on the boat!!!

Allie, I hope Tom had the decency of cleaning your car.

Joyce, indiana
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    July Accountability
    Progress - Friday, July 7th

✔️1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B20, L6, D15, BBS12= 53g)
    ✔️2. Fiber 30g (30g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔️4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - 30 Fitbit minutes

Friday was good. Making today good also.

Onward.
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    ROSIE is a cutie!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    Rosie is adorable!!!! went over to Sams and picked up a few things, Tom went off to have dinner, he was going to Manchester to Popeye's ,or maybe to Bristol ,, who knows who cares..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

rowing machine - 15min - 100mhr, 42aw, 2230meters = 67c
    Apple Watch- 98c
    Plyometric exercises- 42.424min,, 5sets of 10each, burpees, squats, stationary running lunges, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl single leg touches, squats w/jump, push-ups, hamstring leglifts, reverse bicycles, leg lifts n spread, crunches, all 4's elbow to knee, on bk, pelvic lifts, 142mhr = 300c
    Apple Watch- 295c
    other - stretching- 1-min, 97mhr, = 43c
    Apple Watch- 67c

total cal 410
  • pipcd34
    Options
    went to the place where we had the curtains done and I decided she needs to meet me at the place where we have the airstream and try them on herself so she can see exactly what's wrong with them so the instructions won't get lost in translation. I will probably end up taking 1/2 day off on Tuesday so she could meet me there.

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Thanks for your comments on by back thing and DD. I guess if my back does gets worse I'll have to give Dr. Rubin a call. It does take 3 weeks to get on the schedule for surgery and get all the insurance authorizations, and to get on St. Vincent's schedule. I'm so glad my PCP referred me to him. He is so very nice, explains the X-rays to you, the treatment plan and the risks involved.

We bought two azaleas yesterday and my DH tried digging the holes but the ground is so hard we have to have a guy come out to dig. So instead of $50 for plants, the price will be double!! Darn.
    I raked the old mulch off the weed cloth. Just a small area. I had to sit down and watch. I love to work in the yard!

It rained this morning and it cooled the temperature down a little. It was nice on the porch. The dog is being lazy today too!

I made some banana nut bread this morning. Smelled so good coming out of the oven. I'll cut some later after dinner.

Welcome to all the newbies!!

Dana in Arkansas

8lbfhw1idvxg.jpg

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Alison: Tom stepped in doggy do indiscriminately and often in the past few years. His reward seems to be on its way. I certainly hope he gets what he deserves. Stay strong. :smiley:

Holly from Cleveland: Welcome. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: Holly still looks like a puppy to me. What a charmer! :star:

Pip: Having the seamstress actually go inside the Airstream to put up the curtains is brilliant. I will likely be a big help in getting things right. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I just checked out Better Than Before from the library. The topic I'm now reading about forming new habits. :star:

Our DS is planning to visit us on Monday. I have a doctor appointment for my broken finger Monday morning. We may be back home before he gets here, or he may get here first. It ahs been almost a full year since we saw him in person and I'm looking forward to it soooo much! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Rosie is adorable!

Granddaughter Jillian is spending the night. We saw Wonder Woman and now we are home playing with the dogs. We washed Molly, who smells wonderful as opposed to doggy.

<3Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Alison: Tom stepped in doggy do indiscriminately and often in the past few years. His reward seems to be on its way. I certainly hope he gets what he deserves. Stay strong. :smiley:

Holly from Cleveland: Welcome. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: Holly still looks like a puppy to me. What a charmer! :star:

Pip: Having the seamstress actually go inside the Airstream to put up the curtains is brilliant. I will likely be a big help in getting things right. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I just checked out Better Than Before from the library. The topic I'm now reading about forming new habits. :star:

Our DS is planning to visit us on Monday. I have a doctor appointment for my broken finger Monday morning. We may be back home before he gets here, or he may get here first. It ahs been almost a full year since we saw him in person and I'm looking forward to it soooo much! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

She's not the seamstress but the person who took the order, the sales lady. I didn't want it lost in translation of how the curtains didn't fit or snap on. She is the one who will b tell/describing how they don't measure up right and don't fit.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Rebel Renny - big welcome back.

Karen in VA - wonderful NSV!

DJ - how lucky for Beans that your dh was there! I don't even want to imagine if he wasn't

Did an hour of advanced strength DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a yoga core cross train DVD.

Went to the farmer's market today. The guy with the great corn wasn't there. I got some corn form another guy, but honestly it isn't as good as that other guy's. Well, when I get back from VA I'll give him a call and hopefully we can get together so I can get it. That's what we did last year. After that cooked the corn while Vince went to see about a new lock for the door. Even tho the website for this place says they're open, they weren't. At least the dead bolt is in the door. After he got home went in the pool then made cookies for Ken & Lynette. She just called and said they were coming (I knew it, that's the routine, I invite them, she says she has to ask Ken, then she calls to say they can come). Now church then I need to marinate the pork chops. I know Ken likes beef so I got a london broil but I'm not crazy about red meat so I'll have pork chops.

Tomorrow I'll make this pea salad and I'll have potatoes.

Joyce - I really don't understand how someone would expect you to put your health in jeopardy just so that you don't have Mr. Mozart declawed. It's not like that's going to kill him, but if he keeps scratching you, it could really put your health in jeopardy. Personally, I think you made the right decision for you.

katla - thanks for telling me what lunging a horse is. I've seen it, just never knew that's what it was called.

Allie - as I was laying in the pool, this song came on called "it's cheaper to keep her" and I thought of you. Poor Tomcat, I'm crying crocodile tears (lol lol)

Holly - welcome, just jump right in and tell us more about yourself.

While I was at church, Vince said that we had major lightening storm. Some of our breakers tripped.

pip - sure hope you get the curtain problem worked out. Sounds like a good plan -- to have her SEE it

Allie - things are certainly looking up for you. I hope this massage thing works out.

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    :)Allie, you're doing great taking things one day at a time.

:)Katla, I hope you have a great visit with your son. I hope you get lots of great ideas from "Better Than Before"

:)Michele, You are such a great hostess. You go way beyond expectations to make everything right for your guests.

:) This has been an exciting day. The house painter came to take measurements and ask questions so he can make a bid on painting our house. Then he left a zillion paint colors to look at. Jake is the one with a good eye for color so he'll choose the color for the house, trim, and garage doors, but I get to choose the red for the gate and both doors. It won't get painted til September and first we have to have the deck on the back of the house taken down, but it's fun to be planning.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    18,000 steps
    181 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    60 minutes riding the exercise bike
    45 minute walk with a friend
    45 minutes pulling weeds and spreading bark

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3B) Big day, heading to bed early. Check in with you all tomorrow. NYKAREN
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member