40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Monman45
    Monman45 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2017

@TmacMMM
    That sounds like me! Went on a anniversary weekend and didn't exercise for 3 days, got home and still didn't exercise for 4 days. Ate like crap and head was all moody and mouthy. Sleeping like crap and bizarre nightmares. Hahaha I can't have cheat days and I do better working out everyday. Keeps my mind and body nicer to me.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    czvanut wrote: »
    I may not be losing actual lbs on the scale, but y'all, I feel so much better. I look better (at least I'm looking at myself more positively). I feel stronger. I'm happy to go to the gym and lift.

I'm slowly realizing that the gains come when you put yourself in the most positive mind-frame possible and when you focus on things other than the scale.

Stay positive, everyone! Make today great.

This made my day.

Hope all is well kids. TRX and BootCamp done. gam3rguy, I have to agree you look a tad grumpy. Thanks for sharing the pics. They are awesome.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Enjoy your day kids.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    czvanut wrote: »
    I may not be losing actual lbs on the scale, but y'all, I feel so much better. I look better (at least I'm looking at myself more positively). I feel stronger. I'm happy to go to the gym and lift.

I'm slowly realizing that the gains come when you put yourself in the most positive mind-frame possible and when you focus on things other than the scale.

Stay positive, everyone! Make today great.

I've been experiencing this too. I am stuck on the scale but I see more muscles and everything feels loose so I'll take it.

I just did a 35 minute low impact cardio video, it was lame but it made me sweat so it worked. I tried to negotiate some running with my physio guy today but he countered with be happy I'm letting you still skate. A girl's gotta try right
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    @sdereski I'm so sorry for your loss. The hardest part of aging is losing the people we care about.

@Beeps2011 , glad you enjoyed the break, it helps keeps you motivated.

Having said that, my kettlebell class is closed for July and August. I got a Groupon for a gun I've heard good things about and had some interesting classes, however I know realize 1) the class times never work for me 2) I'm not very self motivated to set up a kettlebell workout on my own and 3) machines are boring. I've been going to kickboxing 4 times a week and we do some resistance training there, but I need Notre strength training and I'm just not sure what to do with the gym equipment!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X3 Eccentric Upper"=Done!
  • ftmfrank73
    ftmfrank73 Posts: 21 Member
    Happy Friday everyone
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    Fellow born in the 70's guy here. Happy Friday. Also "P90X3 Triometrics" = Done!

By the way, I know it's only 30 minutes but I think I sweat the equivalent of 2 hours worth.
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    I turned 40 last week. I can finally hang out with you guys!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    I cancelled the gym yesterday as I was exhausted. This cold has knocked me on my *kitten*. I did sleep well last night, so am hoping I am on the mend. Weekend looks great weather wise. :)
    Hopefully that will motivate me to get outside and play.
  • AliNouveau
    @sdereski hope you're feeling better. Summer colds suck!

I try to avoid the gym but maybe today since it's dreary out I will explore my options there. I"m tired of low impact cruddy videos.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    30 minute row.

Now packing up for a week away. I've scoped out the Y's closest to where I'm going so I can stick to my workout plan. Sticking to my eating plan will be a bit tougher.
  • stan9280
    stan9280 Posts: 17 Member
    How's this for not using my head! Went on vacation a couple months ago...hit the gym EVERY DAY while on vaca! Get home....went off eating and work out plan. Stepped on the scale recently and yuck.... Let myself get comfortable and lazy and paying for it in lbs. Oh well...we start again.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I'll be dodging the raindrops this afternoon while doing an open water swim. Even in the rain, I prefer swimming outdoors in the summer. Will get some long hill work in on the bike tomorrow, followed by a run. Starting to build volume for Sept race in Lake Placid.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Fartlek Friday! Today, I enjoyed a 7-mile interval run. Intervals were 200m, 400m, 800m, 800m, 400m, and 200m at race pace. Dang, those are challenging!

@Djproulx Hahaha! This is Florida! November will definitely be cooler temps than July, but we'll still be high 70s by the end of the race. The humidity is usually a little lower, thankfully!
  • AliNouveau
    @BettyM1017 can I ask what a fartlek is? My running app told me a reverse fartlek was up next before win hurt my foot. I thought I had just misheard

@Djproulx are you doing a tri in lake placid? Its one of my most favourite places

@stan9280 you did it once you know what you've got to do

I did am upper body workout today. I walked a lot at the mall and my heel was sore so I wanted to take it fairly easy since we're going to the zoo tomorrow which means lots of walking
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    @AliNouveau A fartlek run is an interval run. You start out at a slow, warm up pace, slower than your easy run. In my case, my warm up is 2 miles at around an 11-minute mile. Then you pick up the pace for a specific time or distance. In this case, the intervals were 200, 400, and 800 meters long at my goal race pace of 9:15. In between the intervals, I back the pace down again for half or equal the distance of the interval. Then, my cool down run is another slow 2 miles. Hope that helps.
  • AliNouveau
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    @AliNouveau A fartlek run is an interval run. You start out at a slow, warm up pace, slower than your easy run. In my case, my warm up is 2 miles at around an 11-minute mile. Then you pick up the pace for a specific time or distance. In this case, the intervals were 200, 400, and 800 meters long at my goal race pace of 9:15. In between the intervals, I back the pace down again for half or equal the distance of the interval. Then, my cool down run is another slow 2 miles. Hope that helps.

Thanks. It does help. I thought I must have hear wrong or something. But now I know