40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks!

Feeling sluggish today after double RBC donation yesterday. Taking it light and just walking. Will attempt lifting today, but cautious.
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    43 years old here!

I want to get back to running a half marathon (I ran quite a few in my late 30s) and am a yogi trying to perfect arm balances and handstands. I have recently lost 15 pounds following a modified keto diet and would like to lose about 15-20 more pounds!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Congratulations, @sdereski !

Thank you!
  • nsharkey41
    nsharkey41 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone Id like to join this group. Im 50 years old and really would like to loose 100 pounds. I am a grandmother who works nights on a cardiac floor so I know the damage this weight can cause. So here I am looking for friends with the same interest. I love yoga and I do Love to go to the gym. So now to get the calorie intake under control.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies!

I managed to sweat my way through my hill sprints yesterday and 21DFX Power Strength Extreme.

Today, we got rained out at the pool and only managed water Zumba before the lightning hit. I guess I needed a light day, lol
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I went to physio today and was feeling great then went back to normal

I did a lower body workout, played with the boy in the pool for like 20 minutes and then I'm off to skate tonight. I'll be working with someone preparing for a test hell do so I'll get a brain workout since i become the coach. Fun fun
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "SHAUN WEEK™: INSANE FOCUS Day 5: Ripsanity"=Done! that one's tough! started with 20's...dropped to 12's for the lunge/shoulder/squat circuits...then back up to 20's for the rest.
  • nsharkey41
    nsharkey41 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Just wanted to check in before I hit the bed. Then up and today I think I"ll go walk the track.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    got my lifting in yesterday. Lower back and core and I am sore today! :p
  • wdedoelder
    wdedoelder Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am currently at 187. I began in Dec 2015 at 236. I started to use my incline trainer at that time and made it to 195 last summer on exercise alone. I plateau'd for a while and became really ill. I quit drinking diet side's and gained 20 back. I went to a nutritionist and am now down to 187. I have been jogging 3 times a week while going to the gym to use the bike, elliptical, and weights. MFP claims that I should eat 1200 a day and I try to stick to it. I work from home and sit much of the day.

Today I jogged for 35 minutes for 2.6 miles. I rode a bike at the gym for 30 minutes and lifts weights (arms) for about 25.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "SHAUN WEEK™: INSANE FOCUS Day 6: Speed 4.0"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    30 minute run. Hot. I think this is last outdoor run I'll be doing for a while.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids. Congrats sdereski. Hot Pilates yesterday, TRX and BootCamp this morning. Welcome to the newbies. Keep up the great work everyone.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. I'm sticking with whatever my foot will let me do. And it's sore todya so might not be much.

I was happy to post a success yesterday. I finally noticed that the hard work and workouts are paying off. My stomach feels less buldgy and I've less rolls when I sit. It's amazing when it works and you can see results
  • krakencray
    krakencray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OK, so silly question, but how do we join? Is it just this post?

I am a career firefighter, single mother to a 10 year old boy, and 45 years old. I'm on an injury right now and looking to maintain or get my healthy/weight/heart/etc better. I have always played sports but don't know a lot about nutrition. I added the premium plan so that I can track my macros. I'm trying to keep sodium, sugar, and carbs on the lower end. I find that my "go-to" is usually beef jerky, which is super high in sodium. Any suggestions? I tried beach body, but the taste of the shakes with the simulated sugar stays in my mouth all day, so I'm not really a fan. I would really love to have a solid plan. I feel like I look at recipes and plans and get very overwhelmed. Now I'm just rambling! Please let me know how to join the group!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies. Congrats, @sdereski, exciting news. Lots of activities by Cool Kids lately. Inspiring to see.

Hit the pool last night to do laps instead of my usual open water swim. Glad that is over. Tonight is a little local tri event that will be fun. Gonna be a hot one with temps forecast to hit the mid 90's at race time. I'm not worried, though, since I plan to "rehydrate" with the gang after the race is over.

Stay Cool.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @Djproulx When's the next race? I have a 5K on the beach tomorrow night that is guaranteed to be in the mid 90s, but that's only a 5K. I'll be done and back in the shade sipping rumrunners in 30 minutes. I cannot imagine doing a tri in this! You're a Beast!!

@krakencray Welcome! Just jump right in and start posting your activities. This board has been wonderful for me. Everyone is pretty active and I realized that my age (50) does not have to come with limitations.

5K in the heat on the beach tomorrow so only an easy 4 1/2-mile run today and 21DFX Upper Fix Extreme. I'm pretty sure that running on sand after a serious leg workout would be pretty foolish on my part, so I kept it upper only today.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @BettyM1017 - Its a short one: 500yd swim, 11mile bike, 5k run. Maybe an hour and ten minutes total time. Then we drink beer and shoot the breeze. That's why I go. ;)

@krakencray - Regarding a plan, you might want to visit the "Getting Started" board and look at the top for the "Most Helpful Posts". In that section, there are several posts that lay out very plainly how to start putting together a plan for success. A few posts that I like and suggest to people are " A guide to get you started on your path to Sexypants" and the two posts below it, "Step by Step guide to losing weight on MFP" and "So you're new here". They contain solid information and explain the concepts fairly well. Hope that helps.
  • Cochese55
    Cochese55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I am new to the group. I have started to get back into shape from a 5 year respite (maybe 7) :smile: I have been starting regular daily exercise and changed my diet. One of my vices is late night eating. I get the Kids in bed and my wife is soon to follow. Then I am lured to the refrigerator for some late night snacks. Anyone have advice on curbing this late night snack cravings?