Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Speaking of fires, there was a big fire about a mile from my work yesterday afternoon. First we realised was the big, billowing cloud of black smoke behind our car park. After about 20 minutes there was a very worrisome BOOM, which I assume was some kind of gas canister going off as this was an industrial estate fire. We felt the building shake so it must have been quite dramatic close by. Turns out it was a plastics factory. Thankfully nobody was hurt. I'm glad the wind was blowing the smoke away from us, it looked nasty.

My hips are slightly better today. More an all over ache rather than a sharp, stabby pain. I'll take that!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Speaking of fires, there was a big fire about a mile from my work yesterday afternoon. First we realised was the big, billowing cloud of black smoke behind our car park. After about 20 minutes there was a very worrisome BOOM, which I assume was some kind of gas canister going off as this was an industrial estate fire. We felt the building shake so it must have been quite dramatic close by. Turns out it was a plastics factory. Thankfully nobody was hurt. I'm glad the wind was blowing the smoke away from us, it looked nasty.

My hips are slightly better today. More an all over ache rather than a sharp, stabby pain. I'll take that!

Yikes on the fire. Yay for improvement in your hips.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Yikes on the fire. Yay for improvement in your hips.

Yeah, that^^ :)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, all. My trainer and I have determined that I will not make the next weight class down without some drastic strength reduction. No more diet. On to re-feed! Woo hoo!!! :D I have what he called a "YOLO day" (I hate the term YOLO. :s ) tomorrow, and I've already planned out the day. He gave 350-400 carbs :o , 100-120 fats :o and same protein as always. Domino's Buffalo Chicken pizza with extra Frank's hot sauce and a pint of Tillamook Salted Caramel Toffee gelato. Oh, man!

jz86z1rqc26v.jpg

Ooooo enjoy! I guess I'll bulk up when we compete together, I'm close enough that either or is a possibility! :D
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Hiii my name is Victoria, I am a big ball of hurt and exhaustion! There's a astounding amount of fires going on around here which has caused our little valley to be "flooded" with smoke, I think the lack of oxygen (yesterday we were at the same air quality level as New Delhi, India) in the air is just causing me to be tired. I'm barely holding my eyes open at work right now and just feel fuzzy af.

Eek! I know I was miserable when we had fires here last fall. Prayers for quick resolution.

Wild West! The big fires are hours away from us but the wind brings the smoke, BC is pretty much on fire all summer long. There has been multiple wild fires spawn up around town (that have been mainly contained), they have no closed 3 parks within Kelowna because it is that dry that even ATVs etc may cause a fire. :s
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday, all. My trainer and I have determined that I will not make the next weight class down without some drastic strength reduction. No more diet. On to re-feed! Woo hoo!!! :D I have what he called a "YOLO day" (I hate the term YOLO. :s ) tomorrow, and I've already planned out the day. He gave 350-400 carbs :o , 100-120 fats :o and same protein as always. Domino's Buffalo Chicken pizza with extra Frank's hot sauce and a pint of Tillamook Salted Caramel Toffee gelato. Oh, man!

jz86z1rqc26v.jpg

Ooooo enjoy! I guess I'll bulk up when we compete together, I'm close enough that either or is a possibility! :D

I may try to get down to 72K by the next one. It was just too aggressive a drop in too quick a time period for Regionals.

I think if I can get down to and maintain 158-162 as my walk-around weight, then cut a couple pounds for upcoming competitions, that will probably be doable.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I hit my original goal weight this morning!!! 165.0 lbs. WHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Unfortunately, that target has moved. LOL. 158.4 is the new goal. But I'm still excited about the 165!

wlbbdj65fpat.gif

That's freaking amazing! You'll be at your new goal in no time.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    This morning my crimes against humanity include not letting Andrew play with the shredder or computer, changing his poopy bum twice already, making lunch (his favourite), not letting him burn himself and not letting him slam his fingers in doors. I am a mean mummy.

It's raining cats and dogs, my mummy friends all work Thursdays and all the toddler groups have stopped for the summer so we're stuck at home. 18 months is a hard work age!

:D

You mean mummy!
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    This morning my crimes against humanity include not letting Andrew play with the shredder or computer, changing his poopy bum twice already, making lunch (his favourite), not letting him burn himself and not letting him slam his fingers in doors. I am a mean mummy.

It's raining cats and dogs, my mummy friends all work Thursdays and all the toddler groups have stopped for the summer so we're stuck at home. 18 months is a hard work age!

This makes me laugh, because my son is now about 2 1/4, and he just has better vocabulary to say NO to me! It's funny how they see us as the devil for saving their lives, cleaning up after them, and being sure they get fed and do fun things. Just ridiculous :P
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's been a few days since anyone posted!! It's either getting busy for everyone or too darn hot!! A little of both here. Still working at getting my head straight so I can get back to business on the weight issue for myself. Have a good Monday, if not a great one.
  • spamarie
    Options
    I hope it's quiet because everyone is having awesome holidays! We're ok. Life is ticking along. Nearly 23 weeks pregnant and looking pretty unmistakably enormous. I've already had 'are you sure it's not twins?' once. I'm expecting 'not long now!' any day (nearly 4 months actually!). The joys of being short and round!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I think most women show faster with the second pregancy, so it's all good. You are doing fabulous. It sounds like things are all going well. We are working on finding the builder we want to use. I don't think we will be in the house until after Christmas this year, so there's my Christmas present! I feel like the worst mom ever too. Daughter's birthday is this Friday and I have not planned anything for her. She is turning seven so she wants the world, but gonna have to settle for an inflatable water slide and some cake! Summer birthdays are the hardest.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited July 2017
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I think most women show faster with the second pregancy, so it's all good. You are doing fabulous. It sounds like things are all going well. We are working on finding the builder we want to use. I don't think we will be in the house until after Christmas this year, so there's my Christmas present! I feel like the worst mom ever too. Daughter's birthday is this Friday and I have not planned anything for her. She is turning seven so she wants the world, but gonna have to settle for an inflatable water slide and some cake! Summer birthdays are the hardest.

Preach. My 11 year old agreed to wait until after school starts in August to have a mini golf party so that he can invite new and old friends and everyone would be in town. I am blessed.
  • spamarie
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Oh don't worry about it too much, I bet she gets treated to random fun things at other times. My birthday is not only too soon after Christmas, but the day after my much younger brother, so I very often got the impression of playing second fiddle. But ho hum, I still have some excellent birthday memories so it's not so bad. Actually one of my favourite memories is helping my mum organise my little brother's birthday party (which fell on MY birthday). It was pirate themed and we did our own treasure hunt in the house. I had a lot of fun with overexcited 7 year olds (I must have been 13). I can't even remember what we did for my birthday!

I do remember my 18th birthday. Since Tom was turning 12, which was deemed not a big deal, I got the focus. My best friend and I had a joint party (a fellow winter baby) and we went back to basics. We hired the scout hall and had a bouncy castle and old school party games. It was very juvenile, and probably the most fun I've ever had at a teenager's birthday. It was nice that the younger siblings actually got to participate too. Playing pass the parcel to System of a Down etc. was a bit surreal.

We did of course go out on the lash that evening, once all the younger siblings were tuckered out. We aren't saints!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    What idiot left the coffee maker in the break room all night?!! And what other lazy sot turned it off without emptying the grounds or at least attempting to clean the pot.
    The whole mess was still hot when I went I to make coffee. Word to the wise: Do NOT mess with my coffee!!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    It's awfully quiet in here, where is everyone?

I took DS2 to the dentist today and he goes back for a filling next month. Boo!!!

School starts again on 8/7 and this weekend is sales tax free. I am going shopping, obviously. :)