40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I found some boxing videos and I've done them the past two days. They're tough on the arms. Todays was an ab focussed but they were really that tough so I'll up that tomorrow
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Cardio"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    @gam3rguy That looked like fun!

was lots of fun! tough though! NO REST!

@caramelgyrlk. just a mild rope burn on my shin. almost gone already.

i'd like to go again, but probably won't be able to until December/January.

• AliNouveau
    Options
    @gam3rguy you must be one of the most consistent people I've ever seen around here. Good for you it makes me a bit more motivated to workout when I don't feel like it
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, this weekend was supposed to be filled with fun filled activities. Got sidelined on Saturday as my husband and his buddy went for a bike ride with both of them ending up in the ER! My husband's bike malfunctioned while he was going uphill, standing up, and his friend was drafting close behind, so then ended up in a pretty bad mess. Both are stiff / sore and scraped up, but otherwise okay. The friend did have to have a CT scan as he suffered a concussion. So, instead of hiking, I was at the hospital.

I did manage to get a nice 5mile walk in last evening. I was determined to get it in, and thankfully did.

Am hoping I do a little better this week exercise wise. Am starting to get grumpy because I have not been able to work out.

Welcome new kids!
    @caramelgyrlk - congrats on the weight loss!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    @sdereski , glad they are ok!

Still puttering along, kickboxing 4 times a week, hoping to get my son interested in some weights next week when he's home from camp. Kettlebells back in September!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    45 minutes total of leg stuff and some cardio.
    I had my foot checked and no answers sadly so I'll just wait and see
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    Yikes sdereski....glad that everyone is okay.

I have not worked out in 10 days!! Highly unlike me, but work just revved up too much and I could not figure out how to get my workouts in and it was stressing me out SO badly that I just whispered to myself: "life will go on if you don't work out for 2 weeks".

This is when you know that you have been an exercise-gym-rat for 3 decades....
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I was going to start a round of P90X3 today, but somebody *cough* @gam3rguy *cough* distracted me with the idea of Shaun Week! So, I'll start P90X3 next week.

Day 1 was Insanity Basics. Wow! Can you say Quad Burner! It's going to be an interesting week. I love me some Shaun T!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, Hot Pilates done. My 5k is this Saturday and I will do my best. Have a great day kids.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk Good luck on your race! I fully expect immediate race results!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Speed 1.0"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Hey kids, Hot Pilates done. My 5k is this Saturday and I will do my best. Have a great day kids.
    good luck and have fun!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @gam3rguy you must be one of the most consistent people I've ever seen around here. Good for you it makes me a bit more motivated to workout when I don't feel like it
    thanks! there MAY be some...moderate "OCPD" involved. LOL!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    I was going to start a round of P90X3 today, but somebody *cough* @gam3rguy *cough* distracted me with the idea of Shaun Week! So, I'll start P90X3 next week.

Day 1 was Insanity Basics. Wow! Can you say Quad Burner! It's going to be an interesting week. I love me some Shaun T!

it's worth it! enjoy!!! (and you get to put off those sprawls and yoga!)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Welcome to all the New Kids..

@Caramelgyrlk - Have fun on Saturday!
    @Laney_7 Congrats on starting to run at such an early age. Survival Tips: Run on the left and wear reflective gear.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Great day kids. TRX and Inferno complete. I am very sore today. 8 coworkers are part of this 5k. I will upload photos so you can see the fun. Betty, I will definitely post results even if I cringe at the time. Welcome all newbies. I hope you stay for a bit. I guess Larro is back on hiatus as I have not seen a post from him in awhile. Have a great day kids.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    My last run in the south was 85F and 91% humidity. I'm back home now and ran 3m in 60F and 68% humidity. Sooo much easier.