WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening my dear Friends,

Katla, congrats on the compliment about your handling of Arrow. So glad the two of you get to enjoy each other.

M, the pictures are fantastic. The red wall is stunning.

Kelly, interesting cook on the omelet. I think I’ll stick to a skillet. Lol

Heather, sorry about you and DH not sleeping well lately. After a while, just the thought of it makes me a little (or little more?) crazy when I know I haven’t been sleeping well for a period of time. It sounds like your DH is suffering from anxiety more often lately. Is that my imagination or is he having a time with it? ((((Hugs)))) to you both.

Beth, good for you on walking away from the buffet. It is so easy to get off track and eat what we like rather than what we should. You know we are with you so take it one step at a time. You can do this.

Joyce, that is so wonderful that your nephew loves you so much and wants to help. Just say, “thank you” and give him a hug. widely-grinning-smiley-emoticon.gif

Marcelyn, why invent the “bra cooling pads” for only the boobie women?? Us underendowed ladies want cool boobs too.

Heather, I definitely give you a “Gold Star” for working on your memoirs. I know you are happy to have some of that behind you. Go girl!!!

Wilbur looks like he is in heaven. lol

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I’ve been trying to get a new box for DD’s TV so she can watch the shows that we have recorded. Spectrum has recently bought Time Warner and none of their changes are good. My bill went up $20 a month this past month. Now I find that they don’t offer the “whole house VCR” but will still service those of us that have them. The best part of it is that we can record 6 shows at a time. Anyway, they were going to send a service man to bring it and hook it up and the charge was $38. He came and spent an hour but didn’t have one of the boxes in his truck. I asked if I could pick one up at the retail store and hook it up myself and he said yes. So today I went to get one and they didn’t have any but do expect them in first thing in the morning. Go Figure? So tonight I took the box from my room and put it in DD’s room on her TV but couldn’t get it programmed to her TV. I called a service man and after about 20 minutes we got it programmed and now all is working well. Tomorrow I’ll get a new one for my room.

DH just came upstairs and he and DD have gotten into it about something. ppffttt They are like two kids. I try to stay out of it as much as possible but it breaks my heart that they can't seem to get along for two days in a row.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lynette my son travels to Great Lakes, MI for boot camp, that is 8 weeks. Then he will go to A school, then nuclear school to 2 years, before he even gets assigned somewhere. Its a lot of schooling, but its possible for him to make rank quite quickly being in the nuclear rate.
    The poor Goonies house always has parking problems, being that its a private residence. People peeking thru their windows, they had no idea what they were getting into!

Katlaaaaaaaa!!! OK you can't drive down to Fort Stevens without pulling in to see me!!! We live in the apartment complex on the left side of Pacific Drive. The cannery is on the right. Pull in, turn right in the parking lot and you shall see our cute little green car. We are in apt #29!! Even if its just meeting for coffee at Buoy 9 restaurant! Or you can even pull in, knock on our door ( upstairs), and get a hug! I mean it now... Lol!

Becca
    Oregon
    No nothing from Prudence today.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Katla, I know it is pricey but my BIL gets anything my sister need for her many medical needs. Anyway, they got a new van and had a hydraulic lift put into the cargo space for her scooter. The van has to have enough headroom, so it can't be just any van. She just opens her back door, pulls out the control, pushes out and here comes her lift with her chair on it. She gets in the chair, drives it off the lift then puts the control back in the can and drives away. There is no lifting of the scooter at all, when she is running the car, the cars battery keeps the scooter charged. Insurance assisted in paying for the lift part, the purchase of the car was all theirs. A big problem with it is that sometimes my sister doesn't look where she is going and gets hit. Some of the times, it has been e other persons fault. They think it is a finder bender but it breaks part of the lift that's right inside the door and it has to stay in the shop for awhile. Norma is terribly inconvenienced since she can't go to the Y and many other things. So their settlement is quite a surprise to them to have to pay. But it has been a God send for her to have her independence.

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,279 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    We both slept better last night. I'm up early, but feel rested. :D

DJ . Lanette, Katla - Yes he is going through an anxious phase. It tends to come and go. It hasn't been as bad this time and he is more philosophical about it. At its worst it is super horrible. :o I'm sure it is the upcoming cruise and he knows it is nothing to worry about but . . . . . He dId some gardening yesterday, on top of his exercises, and that seems to help. A good walk also helps him. He regularly listens to relaxation CDs in the early evening. He has had CBT therapy in the past and tries to apply that. Sometimes he thinks he just gets anxious about being anxious.
    He was adopted late as a baby after spending some months in a nursing home, separated from his twin sister. Those months alone and then a less than optimum adoptive family (mother in and out of institutions, very unpredictable, distant father) has left it's scars on his brain. We are good for each other as we both understand each others scars and respect them and we have both worked hard to compensate for them. I tell him we are both amazing to have come this far! :laugh: <3

Yoga today and then hair trim. Need a bit of grocery shopping as well. Probably have salmon tonight, we've been a bit meaty recently.

Rori - I adore vegan food, although I'm omnivorous. If someone would cook it for me I'd be happy to live like that. I would do more if DH was as keen as me. Would miss my fish though if I was strict. :noway:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,005 Member
    Options
    Today is our 13th anniversary! Yes, we were married on July 24, 2004, in Austin, Texas! It was a hot day, just like today, I'm sure!

Bob is a very good guy! Never an argument with him! He's always funny and so witty. He makes me laugh!

Yesterday we went out to Longhorn Steakhouse for prime rib to celebrate. It was really good!

Happy Anniversary. :)

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    July Accountability
    Progress - Monday, July 24th

✔️1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B16, L2, D24, BBS21 =63g)
    ✔️2. Fiber 30g (39g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables
    5. Exercise - 30 Fitbit minutes (14m)

Monday weigh in: 290.6.

Ever Onward.
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Love the goat pics and the rocks

Hugs to all who need them

Welcome to anyone new, this is a great place to visit, just read, gain wisdom, have a giggle and get support if you need it

LANETTE- yes the op will be keyhole, 3 little cuts they said

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,748 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Ohh things are starting to heat up, getting a bit nervous...
    Tom was in hear raising his voice ,scaring Homer.. like he is on the verge of a nervous breakdown..
    he said he got 2-3 hours sleep maybe,he got the temp alimony paper yesterday,and he is not getting what he needs from his lawyer, they are literally doing nothing for him,
    he is working 52 hrs a week, has a pinched nerve in his back , his feet are killing him,and his lawyer sucX..
    Tom told me that I have obigations here, well I wont be here this afternoon.. but going to hide my stuff in case he starts going off mentally..wish me luck...
    I am not feeling sorry for him,but worried about what will be coming in the next few weeks...if he does go to Florida I will get a little reprieve.
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Allie: So sorry to hear that Tom is finally understanding what is hitting him and that he is not reacting well. Please be careful! Hopefully this will be over soon!

Becca: You have the patience of a saint!

Machka and Sue: Loved the sunset and goat pictures!

KJ: The omelette in boiling water is amazing! I would check that the plastic is one that is safe for heating though.

Dana: I am glad you had a lovely anniversary!

Beth: I can totally understand. I am the only one in my group of friends who needs to lose weight. They are supportive in their own way, noticing when the weight loss shows, but I do not feel I can talk to them about the small day to day challenges and NSVs. That is why I am so happy that I joined MFP. The friends I have found here and in another group on the site both make a tremendous difference. It offers the kind of motivation and accountability that has helped me come this far. Sending you positive thoughts.

Paperless: The use of direct debit and cards is definitely on the rise here in France. You can use cards for extremely small amounts. All of my taxes and utilities are set up for direct debit.

We still have visitors. I am looking longingly toward Thursday!

Hope everyone is having a lovely week!
    Leigh in France
  • Machka9
    Options
    pitegny wrote: »
    Paperless: The use of direct debit and cards is definitely on the rise here in France. You can use cards for extremely small amounts. All of my taxes and utilities are set up for direct debit.

Do you have tap (paywave) there?

It's really popular in various parts of Asia and is quite common here now.

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, am planning for a better food and exercise day. Not enough sleep, but I will bring my routine more in line--having guests are throwing me off!!!!

Though last nite was cool enough to sit out on back porch and while others had hot chocolate and Smores (it was actually cool out) I abstained and enjoyed the conversation! That was an NSV for me.

NYKAREN
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Good morning!

I feel so much better today. If I don't get enough sleep I'm grumpy and it's hard to focus on good food. I just eat whatever.

Going to a church luncheon today with the ladies group. That will be fun. I'm not sure what is on the menu so I'll make sure to be watchful of what I eat. I'm dying to break the 40 lb mark! I've been hovering above there for weeks.

When my friend was visiting from Austin I drank some beer and now the fridge has at least 12-13 bottles left! I need to move them out of sight!! That is my weakness on a hot afternoon! An ice cold beer! But they can add extra calories to my day not to mention the carbs!

Allie Please be careful! Divorces often turn ugly if not dangerous! My last marriage before DH Bob was very dangerous and he was manipulative. Now when I look back I can see that.
    I was trying to pack a few clothes and personal things. He had me convinced that I should keep my jewelry in the safe instead of wearing it. He didn't want me to change my name and when he bought me a ring he bought me a cocktail style ring. Anyway, I went to the safe and he was there holding my most valuable ring in its clam shell box. He says "Oh! You want this?" And snapped it shut in front of my face. I was so upset and furious. There was a big verbal fight before that so I grabbed it and when I did he pulled it back and I accidentally scratched his neck. OMG!!!
    I left without the ring and just drove toward the countryside. All of a sudden 2 police cars were behind me so I had to pull over. I was arrested for assault. I spent two nights in jail! I had never been in trouble in my whole life and at age 54 I was in jail!! That was Saturday and I had to sit there until Monday afternoon I was arraigned. That's only part if the story! DADH (dumb *kitten* damned H) was there and told the judge I had been suicidal and had mental problems. What?? Not true!! More manipulation, this time using the court to hurt me further.
    Allie my message to you is be careful!!

Like I said Lynette, I could write a book!

Have a great day my friends!
    I need coffee!!
    Dana in Arkansas

b7elcw46x1vr.jpg
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Dana & Allie)))

I am still sorting my vintage jewelry treasures. Think I will be finished going through for the first time by the end of the week. The large upstairs room where I keep it is HOT!

Have to go stay with the grands this afternoon so DS can go to the doctor before he has to go to work. He has a bad summer cold.

I am up 4 lbs this AM. Must get myself back down to my usual weight. So sad about this. My feet and ankles have been swelling by the end of each day so I know I am retaining fluids.

Everyone have a blessed day!

Carol in GA

• Machka9
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    (((Dana & Allie)))

I am still sorting my vintage jewelry treasures. Think I will be finished going through for the first time by the end of the week. The large upstairs room where I keep it is HOT!

Have to go stay with the grands this afternoon so DS can go to the doctor before he has to go to work. He has a bad summer cold.

I am up 4 lbs this AM. Must get myself back down to my usual weight. So sad about this. My feet and ankles have been swelling by the end of each day so I know I am retaining fluids.

Everyone have a blessed day!

Carol in GA

Various things can cause a person to retain water including, but not limited to ...

-- hot weather
    -- sunburn

So if you're working in a room that is very hot, that could be why you're retaining water.

Anyway ... stick to your calorie limit. It took me 10 days of meticulously and absolutely sticking to mine before I saw the slightest loss ... and then it started coming off regularly. :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Marcelyn, why invent the “bra cooling pads” for only the boobie women?? Us underendowed ladies want cool boobs too.

Well you under-endowed ladies will get a double blessing in my "boob cooling pads".... they would function as push-up pads at the same time giving your that old lift back making you look like you have perky 20 yr old bosoms..... lol

Sewing lesson went well. She finished about 1/2 the dress. It is a quick pattern so I anticipate only a couple more days of sewing with her to have a finished product.

MY DAUGHTER AND HER FAMILY COME HOME TODAY!!!!!!! It's been a long month of their being gone. I pick them up at the airport tonight at 7 but don't expect happy faces. After 22 hours of traveling it's more likely I'll be getting grumpy faces. But that's okay, it will be their faces.

Today is floor day. I had grandkids over this weekend and a couple of them broke grandma's rule of no food outside the dining room/kitchen and the result is a sticky floor... I can't complain, with 13 grandkids around it's bound to happen once or twice. Usually they are all very very good at keeping the food right where I tell them it's allowed. It is also find what is stinking in the refrigerator day. Can't find the source of this pungent odor. Sitting here thinking I'm betting it's the broccoli.

Marcelyn
    Avoiding the mop in Houston