Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Monday check-in - same weight this morning as I had yesterday ... whoopie, a day of stability! :wink:
    I need to make a better effort to keep my intake where it belongs.

At one time, we had self-motivating challenges where we picked one healthy habit and tried to repeat it every day for the entire month, reporting it as #/# days successful. I recall the one where we tried to stay within 100 calories plus/minus of our MFP calorie goal.

I think I'm reviving that one for myself, as my calories have been averaging close to 2000 instead of 1700. I really need to become more consistent instead of eating too much on a day and too little another day.

Goal: Calories within 100 +/- of 1700
    July totals: 5/23 (5 days out of 23)

PS --- I'm going to commit to working on this healthy habit throughout the rest of the summer ... until October 1.

• trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 I really like your idea of a healthy habit and recording days that it's been accomplished.

I've been having problems with tracking, especially at night. So my healthy habit will be tracking. I really need to think of a prize that I'll get for tracking....hum I'll have to think on that...

Right now I have a current goal that I'm working towards. DISNEYLAND! We will be going in two weeks and I want to eat whatever I feel like while I'm there....so I'm going to pre-lose my weight. That way whatever I lose right now I'll be able to gain while there.

Healthy Habit Goal: Track everything
    July/August totals: 0/34 (giving myself 5 days to miss tracking and still meet my goal)
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    lydiapassthedonuts Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ihp2015 wrote: »

Wanted to know if there are others in this thread that have hypothyroidism.

I'm in that boat. I've dealt with it for over 20 years. As long as I visit my doc regularly we are able to stay on top of it. One pill a day and it's not much of an issue.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @lydiapassthedonuts

Oh how I envy you. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2011 and the first few years it was under control. However, since 2014 it suddenly went totally wrong and it's still not under control. Now last month I also found out that I have a huge B12 vitamin deficiency. Apparently my body does not absorb the B12 from food.

But I'm not giving up. I'm meeting with my doctor regularly, so I'm hoping that it won't take too much longer to get both things under control.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have a big problem making myself track on the weekends, so my goal (among others) is to track every day, even when I'm not working. I need to do it just for my health (sodium intake) but also because I am very bad about going off track on weekends.
    Tracy
    TX
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I wish vegetables tasted like cheeseburgers.

Summer Heat Challenge

Rach, 36, 66"

Start Weight (Wed. July 5): 296.3
    Goal Weight (Sat. Sept 16): 285

Weigh-in Wednesdays
    1. July 12: 293.0 (-3.3)
    2. July 19: 293.0 (-0.0)
    3. July 26: 296.3 (+3.3)
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:
    Final wt: Sat. Sept 16:

Life was stressful for me this week. Maybe next week will be better.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Name : Niki
    Height: 62.5 inches

Start Weight (July 5):236
    Goal Weight (September 15):231

Weigh in week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. July 12: 236.0
    2. July 19: 239.0
    3. July 26: 238.8
    4.. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:
    Final weight: Saturday, September 16:

Weight -/+ this week: -0.2
    Weight -/+ challenge total: +2.8

Aditional Fitness Goal to achieve this summer:
    1 = Calorie consistency +/- 100 day to day ... not doing well on this at all, have plenty of days where I am within 15% of my MFP calories, but the swings from one day to the next are extreme. I only found 4 sets of 2 days in a row that met my criteria since this challenge started. One such set was this week.
    2 = Steady increase in duration and occurance of street walking ... have not yet started a planned walking routine. It's still hit or miss and am still averaging walking only a couple of times a week.

edited to add challenge name to post.
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    lydiapassthedonuts Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ihp2015 wrote: »
    @lydiapassthedonuts

Oh how I envy you. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2011 and the first few years it was under control. However, since 2014 it suddenly went totally wrong and it's still not under control. Now last month I also found out that I have a huge B12 vitamin deficiency. Apparently my body does not absorb the B12 from food.

But I'm not giving up. I'm meeting with my doctor regularly, so I'm hoping that it won't take too much longer to get both things under control.

@ihp2015 When I was first diagnosed it took a little while before we found the correct dosage. But, it's been easy to fix since then. We have to change my dosage every couple of years. She monitors it closely. Not sure if it's because "I'm of that age" (yes, she said that!) or because of my weight changes over the years. I haven't had a problem with B12, thank goodness.
    It's so weird how the little things (not so little things) can really mess with everything. The thyroid controls so much, it's scary!
    Hope you get everything under control soon!
  • yogini2013
    yogini2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat!! Challenge

Name: Margaret
    Height: 5' 7"

Start Weight (July 5): 221.6
    Goal Weight (September 15): 210.0

Weigh in week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. July 12: ~ 218.2 with in calories 7/7 days ~ exercise dvd 6/5 days :)
    2. July 19: ~ 217.2 with in calories 6/7 days ~ exercise dvd 3/5 days :/
    3. July 26: ~ 218.8 within calories 1/7 days ~ exercised dvd 0/5 days :#
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:
    Final weight: Saturday, September 16:

Weight -/+ this week:~ (+) 1.6
    Weight -/+ challenge total: ~(-) 2.8

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals I would like to achieve this summer:
    1. stay within calories 7xwk
    2. exercise dvd 5xwk
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of posts referring to a summer heat challenge. What is this challenge and is it possible to join?
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    A few days ago I poured my heart out in a long but mostly deleted post. Here is the gist of it:
    I am starting to feel complacent, satisfied even. When I started this journey if you would have told me I would get to 230 pounds I would have said impossible! I'm at 225 and am elated. I need to lose more I know, but in my heart of hearts I have already surpassed the impossible. My "BIG" goal, windsurfing, has been achieved and I'm having a hard time with such a concrete next goal. I have never been good at goals. The pile in front of me has always kept me so busy that goals were very short term, survive. Lately I am finding frustration in that approach. I walked 8 miles yesterday. A 3 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. I can't make myself lift weights though. I need to I feel so weak. I don't know if I'm getting enough calories, my protein is always good though. I have my 6 month appointment in two weeks and I hope I'm under 220 by then. Hope, is not a goal or a plan though. I have been blessed with this opportunity and I'm just terrified that I will fail in the long run. I am still me, I still have all the same weaknesses. The hard work is just beginning I guess. The problem is how do I work on the things I spent 50+! Years learning? How do I change the inside to match the outside. How do I make my brain take a walk so to speak?
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @pneschich I think lifting could be a good goal setter for you. A coach/personal trainer could help you. Muscle can help keep it off in the long run. And building some strength has multiple benefits just like walking has many benefits. :smile: You are my role model!