40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    @gam3rguy is that a little grey hair I'm seeing in Shaun T's beard?!
    LOL! happens to the best of us! :p

"FOCUS T25 Alpha: Ab Intervals"=Done!

• LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Hi guys, 47 here - a '70 model. I love this thread! I just started Stronglifts 5x5 and have done 11 workouts. Not seeing a lot of scale movement, but that's expected. I'm loving it, but doing it at home and I'll need to invest in some equipment so I don't have to keep picking weights up off the dang floor every workout. Although, you could say they are bonus deadlifts! I'm working on changing my body composition so I'm not just smaller but flabby as I lose weight. Plus, it seems like it just jumps back on the moment I slack off. I'm in Maine and the winters here make it difficult to keep up with exercise. I love running, but hate the "dreadmill". We'll see how this goes for an almost 50 body! I took before pics and measurements. Down just .5 inches in some spots, but its progress nevertheless. Also, seeing the increase in strength is fun. Patience is important. I'm trusting the program. Hope everyone has a great day. Raining here.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Morning kids. Hot Pilates kick all of my can last night. Well if that was not enough, I woke up a few hours later and took TRX and bootcamp. I will rest tomorrow since I have the race on Saturday morning. Have a great day kids.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    I've been feeling a bit congested for a couple of days now, basically ever since last week's beach run. I've either found some new allergy or I've picked up a cold. Either way, I know I need to watch the cardio. Today was my long run day, which should have been 10 miles. I decided to stay indoors on the treadmill and cut it back to 6.25 miles. I also did Shaun Week: Insane Focus Abs 25. Shaun Week...it's like Shark Week...only wetter (read sweatier)!

@gam3rguy I've given my family the task of watching the televised coverage of the Breckenridge Sprint and the Palmerton Super. They're mission is to help me get ready for the Miami Sprint in February. I predict that things are about to get very strange around here real soon, lol!

@caramelgyrlk You are a BEAST!! You are seriously going to rock your race!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    By the way, for those who are looking for a new activity tracker, Sam's Club is putting the Garmin VivoActive HR on sale for $150 for one day only, August 5th. It looks like the price is good both online and in-store.

I'm holding out for a Garmin Forerunner 235, but my daughter really wants the VivoActive HR, especially for swimming. Her birthday is on the 20th. Score!
  • gam3rguy
    Ok. So maybe it wasn't the sandbag carry at the Palmerton Super. I may in fact ALWAYS look cranky. :p

• ricmac68
    ricmac68 Posts: 10 Member
    A funny thought also a sad one I guess. I weigh less now than I did in my teens 30 years ago.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    Hubs took the kids to see Spider-Man tonight, so I took the opportunity to loiter at the gym a little longer than usual. Ran 3 miles, then did some strength work.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Going to the lake with my dad to swim and canoe. He's just returned from a lengthy trip to Europe (my mom is still there), so it'll be nice to catch up. I may or may not invite the kids to join us. ;)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    @gam3rguy do you do Crossfit.

@BettyM1017 how are you feeling congestion wise

I did a killer 50 minute video. Lots of legs and some weight stuff. It was tiring so I took the boy after to the pool and sat in the hot tub
  • gam3rguy
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Lower Focus & Alpha: Cardio"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    @AliNouveau. i've never done Crossfit. i've been to that OCR gym once (so far), but never a Crossfit.
  • Sunsetstew
    Sunsetstew Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2017
    Double post ! Oops
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Hi Kids,

Did my Sunday long run this morning instead. Looking forward to Friday night group swim at the lake tonight. Tomorrow's fun is a long bike, then a short run.

Sunday will be a full day field trip on bikes to Shelter Island, NY. This will be a fairly large group social ride, not a training session. We even built in time for "selfie stops" and a happy hour rest stop at Sunset Beach. The hard core cyclists in the group agreed to the beach stop when advised that there is a clothing optional section of the beach within sight of the patio bar. :)

Then its back to training next week, since the Lake Placid hills are only 6 weeks away.

• Sunsetstew
    Sunsetstew Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there !
    Trying to join this Group. I'm 52 and new to MFP.
    I started 2 weeks ago from the advice of Tammi from Organize Yourself Skinny blog. She loves this app and I do too!
    What a great community! I want to lose 20 pounds and then see how I feel . I haven't lost any weight this 2 weeks but my pants are looser ! ;)
    Thank you and I look forward to meeting you all and getting motivated!
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Had a great workout this morning, front squats and rowing. My goal is to workout 5x/ in August.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    So, how do you sign up for this group? And, how in the heck do you bookmark?
  • Tammyjo06
    Tammyjo06 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm in! I'll post my goals later. Looks like a great group!
  • Tammyjo06
    Tammyjo06 Posts: 13 Member
    So, how do you sign up for this group? And, how in the heck do you bookmark?

You bookmark by clicking on the star up in the right hand corner between the bell and the astro.
  • dcwick89
    dcwick89 Posts: 13 Member
    Count me in. I'm 45 and started using MFP 3 weeks ago. My goal is to lose 80 pounds, the first two weeks I lost 8 pounds. This week I am holding steady at 272, guess my body didn't want to let go of any more weight this week. Looking forward to posting my progress each Friday, I think it will keep me on track. SLOW and STEADY wins the race!!