Maintainers - how do you keep your head in the game?

Replies

• lindaroto
    lindaroto Posts: 6 Member
    ValGogo wrote: »
    how to keep head in game? Don't stop playing.

Perfect!
  • JILLCLI4D
    JILLCLI4D Posts: 18 Member
    Adequate sleep has helped me maintain my weight. Not 6 hours of sleep. I need 8 hours. I also eat small meals throughout the day, and I think that helps, too.
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Enjoying exercise and having it become a hobby, for me that is CrossFit. You'll quickly see a decrease in performance if your eating isn't going well. I've gone through periods of no logging, no weighing, no food restrictions, but exercise has been a staple and has allowed me to maintain within a reasonable range.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Its become second nature to me now.
    I have a 5 lb weight range so as long as I stay within 5 lbs of 135.8 then I know I'm on track. I don't weigh myself daily anymore and I know what my portions should be. So in time, it really just becomes second nature. Its a habit now ,its part of my daily life for so long that I don't have to put much thought into it

135.8 is a very specific number to maintain a range around. How did you determine that point?
  • rlohman1010
    rlohman1010 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm just wondering if you do anything that helps keep your focus towards maintenance, and preventing gains. Are there any traditions, things you do, preventative methods etc that you do which help you stay at your current weight. I'd love to know of any.

Sweat every day
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    srcurran wrote: »
    I had to mentally accept that there would be no "end" to the effort. It's for the rest of my life. Once that was firmly in my brain it seemed easier.

+1
  • ginalove1960
    ginalove1960 Posts: 60 Member
    I'm just wondering if you do anything that helps keep your focus towards maintenance, and preventing gains. Are there any traditions, things you do, preventative methods etc that you do which help you stay at your current weight. I'd love to know of any.
    I track my calories consistently every day, weigh myself and record every am, restrict calories to maintenance levels every day, aerobic exercise everyday, drink water exclusively everyday, eat nutritiously evey day, 3 meals per day with 1-2 snacks per day, eat breakfast every day, and drink plain, black coffee every day.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I go take a good long look in the mirror.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    I set new, higher fitness goals, so where one journey ended, another began.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    I dislike logging but after being a great logger for a year, I know that I am very good at estimating and eyeballing my calorie intake. So, I weigh myself daily to keep engaged, watch potion size, try to not get "too full" and I get in 30 min intense exercise every day. I find that the weigh-ins each morning then keep me mindful of what I eat throughout the day.
  • gracefitsmind
    gracefitsmind Posts: 2 Member
    Hey! I hope this is relevant and admins please feel free to remove it not, but it might help you maintain your weight and keep your head in the game! I know how hard it can be, but if you are committed by participating in a study investigating mental and physical training (MAP), it might help you get out of bed!

If you are interested, Fitsmind is conducting a study which you have a free 8 week personalised training guide, which you have to log your workout completion online. You will have to complete 3 workouts per week (45 mins each) for 8 weeks. Please let me know if this sounds like something you might be interested in participating in, its completely free and you can participate from wherever you!

Thanks,

Grace