40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Welcome newbies!

Shaun Week: Insane Focus Ripsanity! Holy Compound Moves Batman! That was awesome!

Chest congestion is still hanging around so I decided to walk instead of run today. I wasn't coughing after Ripsanity, so maybe things are on the mend. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Tammyjo06
    Tammyjo06 Posts: 13 Member
    Okay. Here's my stats and goals
    age - 48
    Female
    Goal - to lose 160 pounds
    Diet - low calorie, keto diet under doctor's supervision (no sugar, little caffeine, etc...)
    Exercise - minimum of half hour moderate walking per day, moderate toning reps per day
    **First week on the program, I've made nice progress. I'm pleased with myself, but also realize that I have some very bad habits that need to go from my life. Food is my fuel, not my life.
    Glad to have community to support me in my journey:)
  • Hiya! Forgive me for not reading all 472 pages *lol* so, this is my unofficial intro.
    I'm only as old as I look, and sticking to that story --- but, I belong here.
    My initial goal is to lose 57 pounds. I'll still be overweight, but I'll come up with new numbers after I reach the first one.
    The diet is a work in progress as it has to become my new WOE because I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes on 6/21. Since then, I have stopped the humalog at meals, started Metformin, and decreased the lantus. Endo thinks I can be off the injections by October. For now, I am trying to do low carb, no additional sugar, blah blah blah.
    Still recovering from major surgery, I haven't been cleared for exercise yet, but I try to at least walk around every day - grocery shopping or around my complex.
    I'm a mom, a partner, a crafter, and granter of my cat's whims.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    Ran to the Y and back. Lifted while I was there. Then flopped onto the sofa to watch a Clint Eastwood movie. Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Yay did a 40 minute boxing abs video. Took the past two am days off since I've been running back and forth to the hospital to see my mom. It's been a bit exhausting
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    10km run + 8km walk today! Super warm but was nice by lake :)
  • gam3rguy
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Cardio"=Done!
  • idealistic74
    idealistic74 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 43, 5'6 and 184 pounds need to get rid of 30 pounds. I went to the superstore yesterday to check my body mass index and it said 29.57 overweight (I am a smidgen under obese according to their chart) and my body fat which said 39.19% - at risk.

Interestingly, it doesn't seem to have stopped me from doing my favourite hobby - hiking. I went up a mountain on Friday that had me sidestepping and scrambling up an elevation gain of 1,400 meters. It took 14 hours in large part because of the sketchy-ness (extremely steep). On one hand - yay to me for being able to do it with some much extra weight on me; however on the other hand - maybe it would have been a whole lot easier and faster if I was the weight I should be! and... I have been barely able to walk for two days since that hike, so recovery would likely be much faster if I was the weight I should be.

I know why I'm overweight, I have a sedentary job. Been trying to create the habit of exercising first thing in the morning, then stationary bicycle (going hard for 5 mins) every hour or two. And of course, eating healthy and less (I've restricted myself to 1200 calories) ! I'm a week in now. I was 188 lbs a week ago, so I appear to have lost a bit of weight already (though maybe most of it is water?) Haven't done squat exercise wise for three days now since my crazy *kitten* hike!... I think the battle really is to not fall back to old routines (sitting in front of a computer for hours and hours)
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Here's my stats and goals
    age - 43
    Male
    Goal - to get to 10%body fat by June 2018
    Diet - I dont follow a specific diet. I'm close to maintenance so calories and macros are 2200cals/day, P = 220g, F = 73g and C = 165g.
    Exercise - m 1 work out 5 days per week. starting with a 15-20 minute cardio session and then 45-60 minutes of lifting.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    P90X3 Total Synergistics and 4.25 miles Interval Run...Done! I was on a bit of a time crunch today trying to outrun the storm, lol. For us, it ended up more hype that hurricane, but for those a little south of us it was a bit more crazy. Praying for those affected by the Tropical Storm that suddenly appeared this morning.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    30 minutes on the erg at a moderate pace. Still feeling the muscle soreness from my last weight session, but it felt good to work it out.

Really have to get new workout clothes. The bagginess is a hazard on the erg. My shirt kept getting caught in the rollers. I didn't realize that it was getting longer as well as wider.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    I have no idea where I got the energy from but leg day was awesome today lol
  • gam3rguy
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Total Body Circuit"=Done!