What foods do you like but others hate?

Replies

• court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    J72FIT wrote: »
    smoked oysters...

Dude. Smoked oysters are delicious. No shame in my game.

Never had smoked oysters but do *love* raw oysters! When September hits, it's on!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,377 Member
    beaglady wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    [
    Sweetwood is what gives liquorice the liquorice taste. It's a plant. Sometimes you can buy wooden sweetwood sticks in ethnic shops to chew on. It's liquorice pure!

In the US, it's typically called licorice root. It looks like a stick. I love licorice too.

Ah, interesting. But yes, it's delicious!
    But yes, best discovery this year: Hema exists in the UK. I'll order more licorice from them in due time.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Asparagus
    Liver
    Vinegar coleslaw, not the mayo (or whatever the creamy stuff is) based
    Brussels sprouts
    Salmon (I'm the only one in my family, it seems, that actually likes it - not just tolerates it occasionally)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Jerusalem potatoes. Love them!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    mmnv79 wrote: »

Oh, something new! Or is that another name for Jerusalem artichokes?
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    mmnv79 wrote: »

Oh, something new! Or is that another name for Jerusalem artichokes?

Yeah, they are Jerusalem artichokes. I call them 'Jerusalem potatoes' as they look more like a potato to me. My friends don't like them because they say Jerusalem artichokes bloat them and made them gassy, but I have no issues at all and love them to make soup.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    DamieBird wrote: »
    Anchovies, escargot, smelts, bone marrow

OMG, bone marrow is amazing. I might've just started drooling.

YESSS! I wish that it was easier to find. And that it was lower in calories. :(

Pfffft - anytime I'm eating somewhere that has bone marrow is a meal that I'm not worrying about calories in the slightest, lol
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I don't like eating at Barbecues - I like some of the foods but not many but I really don't like standing in someones garden, with a slow drip feed of (often) crappy food.

I also, don't really like donuts. They look nice the taste is blegh!

You're going to the wrong barbeques then. :laugh:
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Brussels sprouts.
  • sudakbyk
    sudakbyk Posts: 3 Member
    My favorite combination are sweet potatoes baked only with cinnamon and yogurt.My mom and dad hate this.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Anchovies, escargot, smelts, bone marrow

OMG, bone marrow is amazing. I might've just started drooling.

YESSS! I wish that it was easier to find. And that it was lower in calories. :(

Pfffft - anytime I'm eating somewhere that has bone marrow is a meal that I'm not worrying about calories in the slightest, lol

I always but bones and roast them at home though, so I have to try and make it got my macros since I eat it pretty regularly. It's hard to make room for something that logs similar to 3-4 tbsp of oil for a decent-sized portion.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    sudakbyk wrote: »
    My favorite combination are sweet potatoes baked only with cinnamon and yogurt.My mom and dad hate this.

Sweet potatoes with cocoa powder + peanut butter + stevia
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    There is not a lot of love for Walden Farms calorie free products on here but I love a few of them. A couple of the salad dressings are staples (Honey Dijon, French, Balsamic, and Sun Dried tomato) and I also love their calorie free chocolate syrup. I wouldn't put it on a good ice cream but it makes a really good very low calorie mocha when added to my coffee along with a splash of 1/2 & 1/2.
  • ms_true
    ms_true Posts: 43 Member
    Cruciferous veg, pickled veg, any sort of fish or seafood, wild gamey meat especially moose, caribou, rabbit, and grouse/pheasant. Liver, kale, haggis, olives, beets. There are foods I don't get excited about, but I'll eat almost anything. The only food I struggled with was raw celery, but I'm okay with it now. Also, there are many exotic foods I've not tried for lack of opportunity.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Sweetwood is what gives liquorice the liquorice taste.

ah thanks. they're just called licorice root where i am, so it's a word thing. your spelling suggests that you're european :wink:
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    edited July 2017
    I love Coleslaw,brusselsprouts, cilantro is bomb.com when used with lime juice, and for me, tofu! I love tofu,especially when grilled. And I also like the taste of my ACV drink,with lime. Lime on everything!!
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Oooh I also used to like Kimchi!! Then it became too spicy for me lol.
  • pancakerunner
    Has anyone mentioned tapioca pudding or eggnog?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Burnt things like super burned dried out chicken. I cook my chicken until it gets pretty dry and crispy. I also like to burn my hot dogs to a crisp. I cook my veggies until they are very burnt. I just love the carcinogenic taste of burnt food yum yum.
  • pancakerunner
    Burnt things like super burned dried out chicken. I cook my chicken until it gets pretty dry and crispy. I also like to burn my hot dogs to a crisp. I cook my veggies until they are very burnt. I just love the carcinogenic taste of burnt food yum yum.

Same way with my meats... love the jerky-like state. HATE burnt toast tho