Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

I've been starting my day with a huge plate of fruit and where I know fruit has a lot of sugar and carbs, they are all natural and honestly give me the most amazing energy without a crash or the weighed down feeling other forms of carbs give me. That along with veggies, lean protein and lot of water and my body feels back on track. I think it'll help with controlling how much alcohol I do have when I decide to have it :smile:

I've been making smoothies in the morning with mixed berries, 1/2 chobani, skim milk, ground flax seed & splash of vanilla...it's nice to sip on and I feel like I am getting antioxidants to combat all the liquor.

So, last night went to local bar with our favorite one-man band and gf. Premium drinks, I mean anything, $2.95...so, it was Kettleone, soda water and lime. I lost track of how many I had. I think it was 7 or 8?? Not good!!

Lushy sister arrive on Sunday and then we are meeting lots of people at WI Dells from Thursday to Sunday.

I just need to get this lushness under control. Any advice?? Maybe, I need to live in a box...
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Nisijam5- I love chobani! Always have it in the fridge.

Had wine last night but stopped at 3 measured glasses =] Hanging out with my mom and Gram today and going to lunch, can't wait :smile:

Since the boyfriend has been working longer hours than normal and not getting lots of sleep because of it, not sure if date night will be tonight or tomorrow but there will be wine tonight either way because we HAVE to test our fancy new white wine glasses :drinker:
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Kim -- it is soooo hard when you are partying with your friends! I kept it under control (somewhat considering the event/amount of booze/fact that we were crashing and not driving) when we had our party by alternating bottles of water with beers while I was still sober enough to remember. Another trick is to top off your cocktail with more mixer...so if you are doing vodka and club soda, when you get about halfway through the glass ask the bartender to fill it up to the top with more club soda...your drink lasts a little longer and you drink less in the long run. Don't worry too much! Enjoy your friends! As long as every weekend isn't beerfest it will be ok:)

Kat - I did 3 glasses last night, too....I am running a sick house for pets over here, and it really got to me last night! I had been so good about keeping it at 2 or under....oh well. I had the calories to consume and I wasn't hungry.

Off to the vet to have Napolean's (weirdo kitty) lumpy mass from his abdomen removed, then some chores, reading, and making sure Sadie (my old girly dog) is OK. She struggled a lot last night. She had a stuffed nose and wouldn't let me clean it, then fell and tried to bite me when I went to help her get back up to go out. Her breathing is still very labored today....she just gets worse every day :brokenheart: Then I also have to give the other cat and dog meds...thankfully their conditions are less serious.
    Regardless, today is the last official day of my summer vacation. Us teachers go back to work on Monday in my county...so I need to enjoy my day.
    Hope everyone else has a fantabulous Friday!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Work BBQ last night, drank a bit! Went over on calories but had a nice little 75 calories before I was over maintenance :)

Monday -0
    Tueday -0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 5 long necks

Hopefully Friday and Saturday are zero! I really would like to have another calm, cheap weekend!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Well I did it no drinks monday-thursday!!!! Tonight 1 beer and 1 martini, and that's it :)
    Happy Friday!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday= 2 drinks
    Tuesday= 3 drinks
    Wednesday= 2 drinks
    Thursday= grilled steaks and split a bottle of merlot, but couldn't stop there and had a bud light.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Lushes! :drinker:

I was shocked with my self last night. The fiance bought me Budlight tallboy. I opened it, took about 2 drinks out of it and handed the rest to him to finish. :noway:

I'll probably buy a bottle of wine tonight though...so I am trying not to be too proud of myself. :laugh:

Mon 0
    Tues 0
    Wed 0
    Thurs 2 sips of beer
    Friday aiming for 3 glasses of wine :love:

I hope everyone has a great weekend and accomplished their goals!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 4 Sam Adams
    Wednesday, 8 vodka/soda :sick:
    Thursday, 4 oz wine
    Friday, hoping for ZERO...working from 3 to 11

Total: 16

Lord help me!! They add up soooo quickly
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Looks like my husband and I are gonna get to spend the weekend alone to celebrate our anniversary.. I'm super excited! He said he wants to give up whiskey, maybe I can get him to switch to vodka... I know he won't drink wine with me:grumble:
    I think we are gonna head up to the lake again... I actually can't remember ever going to the lake without one of the kids. This should be fun:bigsmile:
  • skinnybettie
    Options
    Hello Beautiful fellow Lady Lushes :smile:

I am one of those ladies who loves to relax after work with a stiff drink, and consider it a part of my weekend... before I joined MyfitnessPal, I lost quite a bit of weight (by changing the way I eat mostly) but joined so that I could maintain and keep an eye on myself, and maybe shed a few extra pounds for the summer....

I am 5'5 by the way... here's my timeline:

Started Oct 2010: 145 lbs
    March/April 2011: 130 lbs
    Currently in July 2011: 118-120 lbs

I never curbed how much I drank; I changed WHAT I drank... back in Oct 2010 I was drinking Rum and Cokes, Whiskey Sours, etc.... now, I only have red wine (no more than 3 8 oz servings in a day) or vodka and tonic (diet tonic, 1 shot vodka)... I can drink a butt load of vodka (and I do)... doesn't seem to affect my weight much. I also cut down on calories where I can during the day if I know I'll be "partying"later that night................ hope this is helpful!!!

(DIETERS DESERVE TO DRINK!!!)
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend lushes :drinker:

I've made it through the week with no alcohol but indulged in a small cider tonight. Was tempted by the cold bottle of pinot but I knew once I opened it I wouldn't stop at 1 glass (or 2)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 4 Sam Adams
    Wednesday, 8 vodka/soda :sick:
    Thursday, 1 glass wine (4 oz)
    Friday, BIG FAT ZERO

Total: 13

I worked a double yesterday into the morning so drinking was not even an option...hemmm, maybe I should consider working night shifts to curb my lushiness.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Very lushy Thursday, very lushy last night ugh so sick lol.
  • sallywag
    sallywag Posts: 26
    Options
    I know how you are felling Faith.:sick: I wish I had alternated last night with some soft drinks. I've lost half the day to a hangover.
    I thought that I was doing OK this week (for the hols).

Mon - 0
    Tues - 1 G&T
    Wed - a bottle of Prosecco
    Thurs - 0
    Fri - 0
    Saturday - too much wine

Mrs Jax - enjoy your last day of freedom. I'll be going in next week to get the class organised for going back. The end of the holidays are crap.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I had drinks every day this week starting Tuesday -- at least one, usually two...then three and four on Friday night and Saturday night.
    I am so sad about my dog. I miss her so much and my heart feels broken. I held her as she took her last gasps of breath, and looked into her eyes. I don't even know what to say -- except that I need to not feel awful about relieving her of the pain and suffering. She had been struggling to even walk, and had finally stopped eating...started vomiting and other things...the vet said that keeping her going any longer would have been more for me than for her. The quality of life deteriorated, and she really wasn't herself anymore...every day was harder for her, and as much as I didn't want to say goodby I couldn't watch her suffer any more. I wish I could stop crying.
    We are going to go out for a bit. Hoping this and getting ready for work tomorrow provides a distraction.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Sorry Jax about the loss of you friend/pet. I just went through this two weeks ago :cry: . I would like to say it gets easier each day, but it hasn't yet for me. There are moments that just feel odd and sad, like coming home, going out the back door and holding it open longer for no apparent reason and hearing the doorbell ring (instead of barking). But what does comfort me is knowing that towards the end she did not do those things most of the time anymore because she was feeling so crappy with no hope of getting better. Keeping busy does wonders. I got more sad when I drank so I didn't do that as much. Hope things feel better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Just got back from 5 days at the lake with my fam and the neighbors. My liver hurts.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Jax, hope you start to feel some peace about this soon, losing a much loved pet is so hard.

Well I had a fail with my wine yesterday, factored in 2 glasses of wine, then upped it to 3, then thought sod it and finished the bottle without logging it in my diary. I did however manage to resist the munchies and didn't snack on anything on offer.

I felt suitably unwell this morning as I haven't drunk that much in ages but didn't have much change to wallow as I'd promised to take my kids swimming, kill or cure, well I survived!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    So sorry Jax =(. My fur babies are my life. I was a mess when my mom and I had to put down our 14 year old Kitty. Its been about a year now and I still can't change my profile picture. I know he's not in pain anymore but I still miss him terribly. There was a chance my boyfriend and I were going to have to put down our middle kid pup when she was about 3 because of a back problem. She's still paralyzed but has a cart and is the queen of the house. Our oldest, our black lab is the sweetest baby ever and just lets the rest of animals run things haha.

I hope you feel better soon :heart:

As for drinks, 2 big dos equis at lunch and just had a glass of wine. Its my favorite week of the year, Shark Week, so I think there will be a couple more drinks, no food though, still stuffed from lunch.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Friday - 2 Bloody Marys
    Saturday - Wine tasting... estimating 10 oz. then a couple more glasses when we got home. Did I mention how much I :heart: wine school!
    Sunday - 0

Hoping all had a wonderful weekend.

It is so freaking hot here, I have zero motivation to do anything:grumble: