New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• mommyinketosis
    mommyinketosis Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I got Kodiak Cakes to go at Target for a little over a dollar I believe. 290 calories and so good. It's more of a mug cake than flapjack but still delicious.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When I saw those pickles i though YUCK. I just imagine putting a cucumber in my fruit punch and that does not sound good lol.

They already have the halloween stuff out I remember these last year never got to try them but heard great things so I want to this year. Oreo-Halloween-Egg.jpg?resize=599%2C339

But also what do eggs have to do with halloween??? Im thinking oreo accidentally made too many for easter so now they need to sell them and are just packaging them into halloween wrapping LOL.

Um yeah that's really weird.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    When I saw those pickles i though YUCK. I just imagine putting a cucumber in my fruit punch and that does not sound good lol.

They already have the halloween stuff out I remember these last year never got to try them but heard great things so I want to this year. Oreo-Halloween-Egg.jpg?resize=599%2C339

But also what do eggs have to do with halloween??? Im thinking oreo accidentally made too many for easter so now they need to sell them and are just packaging them into halloween wrapping LOL.

I'm def not complaining about the Oreo eggs! I bought a box of 50 around Easter and they "expire" sept 1 (supposedly....if chocolate even expires haha) glad they brought those back for Halloween now I'll have Oreo eggs all year long!

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'd absolutely try those pickles.

The Junk Banter review of this product is hilarious :D.

Yes, it really is. :smiley:
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Attention Halo Top Lovers: there's a coupon on coupons.com for 50 cents off two pints! Plus, Aldi's is going to have the Caramel and cookie dough flavors on special next week for $3.50! It's too bad that they don't accept manufacturer coupons. :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Turkey Hill has Cotton Candy ice cream at their scoop shop (picture on their Instagram page).

Now they need to release it as a limited edition flavor to be sold at grocery stores!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Cadbury-Screme-Egg.png

Peeps if I can remember also has Halloween/Christmas goodies as well.

I'm shocked that there's already Halloween/Fall stuff being released since it's only the beginning of August.

This year I'm not going to overboard with the Pumpkin Pie/Spice treats (or at least I hope I'm not :D). Now Christmas time will be another story. White Fudge Oreos *drools*
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Attention Halo Top Lovers: there's a coupon on coupons.com for 50 cents off two pints! Plus, Aldi's is going to have the Caramel and cookie dough flavors on special next week for $3.50! It's too bad that they don't accept manufacturer coupons. :(

If you sign up for their email newsletter with new emails you can keep getting 1.00 off pint coupon plus ibotta always has coupons :smile: too
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

This doesn't matter too much to me since I buy them at Shoprite (sale price is $2.88 a pint, and this week I've been collecting coupons printing out with my receipts for $2.00 off two pints and $1.50 off one pint, plus I'm definitely going to coupons.com now for that coupon) but wait.... since when has Aldi's started selling Halo Top!? Is that $3.50 for BOTH?
  • hgycta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Decided to try Haagen-Dazs Trio Salted Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream tonight since it was still on sale for $2.88 at Shoprite. I really enjoyed the salted caramel ice cream portion, but overall I wasn't crazy about it because I don't like ice cream bars and the belgian chocolate crispy pieces reminded me of the outside of a Klondike or Magnum ice cream bar. I felt like I was eating an ice cream bar out of a pint, which I'm sure some people will enjoy since it's smoother and more premium tasting than using chocolate chips, but if I really wanted an ice cream bar I'd buy one and eat it as is. Not worth 300 calories for 1/2 cup.
    dlqtabizyw07.jpg
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

This doesn't matter too much to me since I buy them at Shoprite (sale price is $2.88 a pint, and this week I've been collecting coupons printing out with my receipts for $2.00 off two pints and $1.50 off one pint, plus I'm definitely going to coupons.com now for that coupon) but wait.... since when has Aldi's started selling Halo Top!? Is that $3.50 for BOTH?

Aldi has rotating weekly specials that don't typically restock after they sell out, and Halo Top is going to be one of them for next week. It's $3.50 each, who h is a good deal where I live, since the regular price at Kroger, Target, and Wal-Mart is $4.99. Fresh Market sells it for $6.99, but they're freaky expensive in everything compared to every other store in the area.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options

Dang it's not even September yet
  • hgycta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I guess Einstein Bros is copying the Bantam Bagels at Starbucks, which wasn't worth the calories to me the first time I tried them so I guess I'll see how these compare in price, taste, and calories, but if anyone beats me to it please spare me the disappointment if they're not that great!
    j8sdiagooo0p.jpg
    I went to their website to see if nutritional information was available and got distracted by all the new stuff that is either already out or will be coming out soon o///o
    h0uo2c9t2p0i.png
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Anyone brave enough to try this?

Great-Value-Tropickles.jpg?resize=506%2C600

I hate pickles and fruit punch so I'm definitely going to avoid this like the plague, but I was going through the comments on The Impulsive Buy and someone described them as being "pretty decent," which didn't sound convincing until they followed that by pointing out it was something they'd buy again... huh. If you like pickles and/or fruit punch I say you go for it!
    EDIT: I also just noticed JunkBanter reviewed these (http://junkbanter.com/2017/07/26/great-value-tropickles/) and also Lay's new chips!

Also, I got an email by the owner at Andrea's protein cakery today and she's working on making some individual serving protein cake mixes that can be microwaved, frosting, and protein marshmallow krispie treats similar to Enlightened's version. She asked to send me some samples to review so I'll be sure to post my thoughts here as well. In the past I wasn't that crazy about her products since they used a lot of pea protein, but she said this new formula got rid of that entirely! Fingers crossed I'll have a new cake to go to aside from Lil Buff Bakery!

Hahaha! I live in Mississippi and we grew up on these - except we made them ourselves! So good - and really you can make them with any kool-aid flavor!
  • nicholerohrer
    nicholerohrer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    ew0gqpwz9mka.png

was coming here to post this... I'm pumped for that Candy Bar flavor :D
  • hgycta
    Options
    I'm definitely not touching that green tea one, but the pancakes & waffle is calling out to my soul
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ew0gqpwz9mka.png

About time! Although I'm really only excited about the candy bar and pancakes and waffles flavors...
  • hgycta
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ew0gqpwz9mka.png

About time! Although I'm really only excited about the candy bar and pancakes and waffles flavors...

I agree, they could have done a lot better :p but I can't complain about new flavors as long as they don't touch my favorites haha