New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    That Snickerdoodle cashew milk ice cream is my kryptonite. I cannot ever buy it again unless there is some mythical day I'd have calories for the whole pint.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Omg @kellyjellybellyjelly cant wait to hear how the doughnuts are lol

I tried the donuts today & while it was tasty it was messy & it would have been nicer to have the doughnuts portioned out in serving sizes & the same for the glaze.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Cashew milk is by far my favorite nut milk. I wish I could find So Delicious snickerdoodle. HEB carries mint, chocolate, and vanilla
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Found these at Vitamin Shoppe. They are really good! They come in several flavors. Protein bars taste like metal to me. These don't. 34684ukgxnd6.png
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Almond Nog from Target? I forgot what brand, but I saw it tonight and it looked intriguing.
  • CooCooPuff
    edited December 2016
    Options
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/iTouchless-Bag-Re-Sealer-for-All-Plastic-Bags-2-Unit-Pack/10247581

I got bag resealers for my birthday. I used them on a bag of Trader Joe's turkey stuffing chips last week. They tasted just as good as they did when I opened the bag initially. It's a little annoying to use, but I'd say it's worth it.

If any of you guys try making your own Quest-like protein bars, I think this is the stuff that gets recommended as a sweetener. I just got an email saying they're liquidating some stock and are selling some set to expire April 2017 for $5.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I finally tried the new Piller's Dry Salami Chips in the hot variety. They were yummy, though not as dry as I'd honestly hoped for. One big criticism however would be package weight v. actual weight of this product.

The package states that the total product weight should be 85g. The nutritional info states a 1/2 pack (43g) is a serving and that there are two servings per bag obviously. I weighed it because accurate logging is life and it was 167 GRAMS! So any lay person or not obsessed logger would be eating twice as many calories as they intended by following the info. Annoyed me greatly for other people since it is a calorie dense product :(
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I looked on the Halo Top website and they said they were sold at the Kroger by me so I was planning on that for dinner (I know, it's been a tough day) but they ended up not having it :( I got Arctic Zero cake batter flavor instead but it's super gross :(

I searched all over the freezer section at Kroger on several occasions as they have had it advertised for weeks. Almost gave up yesterday again when I found a "stray" pint in with the ice cream. Finally found it on the end cap.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    tryett wrote: »
    I looked on the Halo Top website and they said they were sold at the Kroger by me so I was planning on that for dinner (I know, it's been a tough day) but they ended up not having it :( I got Arctic Zero cake batter flavor instead but it's super gross :(

I searched all over the freezer section at Kroger on several occasions as they have had it advertised for weeks. Almost gave up yesterday again when I found a "stray" pint in with the ice cream. Finally found it on the end cap.

I ended up finding it at another Kroger in the more affluent part of town. I got the Birthday Cake flavor, and it definitely blew Arctic Zero out of the water! So good. I didn't see the caramel one there but I'm really excited to try that one when I find it.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

4xctvqlin8v0.jpg

cc7vxt0cpqgf.jpg

Winn-Dixie, Miami, Florida

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I finally tried the new Piller's Dry Salami Chips in the hot variety. They were yummy, though not as dry as I'd honestly hoped for. One big criticism however would be package weight v. actual weight of this product.

The package states that the total product weight should be 85g. The nutritional info states a 1/2 pack (43g) is a serving and that there are two servings per bag obviously. I weighed it because accurate logging is life and it was 167 GRAMS! So any lay person or not obsessed logger would be eating twice as many calories as they intended by following the info. Annoyed me greatly for other people since it is a calorie dense product :(

I'd email the company! Packaging/ printing mistakes are more common than you realize. If it was a production error, and it hasn't already been corrected, they'll want to know. A deviation that large could be costing them a bunch of money.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

I'd email the company! Packaging/ printing mistakes are more common than you realize. If it was a production error, and it hasn't already been corrected, they'll want to know. A deviation that large could be costing them a bunch of money.

Oh I did, I have to hope it was a fulfillment error since the total weight and the suggested serving matched up correctly. Makes me very glad I weigh everything!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    tryett wrote: »

I ended up finding it at another Kroger in the more affluent part of town. I got the Birthday Cake flavor, and it definitely blew Arctic Zero out of the water! So good. I didn't see the caramel one there but I'm really excited to try that one when I find it.
    Thats the only flavor I've tried but you are correct

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

YIKES that discrepancy is scary. I don't always weigh packaged things now that I am in maintenance and am not trying to stick to a strict amount.....but WOW. Goes to show how easy it is to eat way more than you think you are.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    BTW the saltiness in the trader joes salted caramel covered crackers was just perfect. Not overwhelmingly salty but enough to perfectly compliment the chocolate. I don't know if you would like if you aren't into sweet and salty things but I love all things sweet and salty so it was DELICIOUS. SORRY I didn't respond sooner, been super busy with finals.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Tried Halo Top's Pistachio flavor. It was delicious but also more subtle nutty flavor and not sweet enough for me to get again. Tomorrow I'll be trying the oatmeal cookie one, the last chance at finding one better than the sea salt caramel :')
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    BTW the saltiness in the trader joes salted caramel covered crackers was just perfect. Not overwhelmingly salty but enough to perfectly compliment the chocolate. I don't know if you would like if you aren't into sweet and salty things but I love all things sweet and salty so it was DELICIOUS. SORRY I didn't respond sooner, been super busy with finals.
    I already have a lot of sweets, but dang that sounds good.

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    KDar1988 wrote: »
    Found these at Vitamin Shoppe. They are really good! They come in several flavors. Protein bars taste like metal to me. These don't. 34684ukgxnd6.png

Just FYI, Target online has the best prices I've found: 17.99/box of 12. (And, if you subscribe it's 5% off AND if you have the Red card it's *another* 5% off.)

If anyone's done better, please let me know, 'cause after Raw Rev Glo, Oatmega is my go-to bar.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

LOL thanks. I might take a pass because I'm the person who will vigorously rub off the two little pieces of salt on salted caramel chocolates.

Plus those crackers better be damned big at 120 calories each!