New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I'm definitely not touching that green tea one, but the pancakes & waffle is calling out to my soul

The only three I'm trying (when they come to my area :D) will be Pancakes & Waffle, Cinnamon Roll, & Candy Bar.

Can't believe they have a Rainbow Swirl before Cotton Candy.

They're doing it to tease me... but the Facebook post says something about releasing more later this month? Later this month would be around fall so hm... seasonal flavors, maybe? Like pumpkin? Or eggnog? Or gingerbread? Pecan pie? Would a sweet potato casserole be good at all?

Regardless of what season it is, if they don't make up for it by giving me cotton candy I'm getting plane tickets to California to protest Halo Top's decision making bodies ;P

In other news, something wonderful is happening and I can't wait to be a part of it. Maybe Burger King will get these, too, who knows.
    q3ep65efnmqp.png

Nevermind, back to Halo Top news, HOW CAN I GET A JOB WITH BUZZFEED SO MY JOB IS EATING HALO TOP BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/halo-top-new-flavors-exclusive?bffbfood&utm_term=.jazGB8vKL#.ppBLPbjRV

Rainbow swirl was the second worst ranking flavor, take that as a lesson to ignore us screaming out for cotton candy. Cotton candy would have been first. Just not bubble gum childhood medicine cotton candy, but that good ol' blue raspberry/strawberry swirl sweet stuff. :B

I'm so excited for the caramel macchiato and cinnabon flavors though! Starbucks drink? Too sweet? Yes, yes.

Ooh a seasonal Gingerbread or Egg Nog I could get behind. I'm ready for Talenti's Egg Nog.

Blue Bunny better re-release this flavor this coming Christmas!

th?id=OIP.Stxx6BwVs3qT3zuhK6n9nwEsDa&pid=15.1&P=0&w=262&h=192

If they do I'll most definitely buy embarrassing quantities!

I remember last year the flavor was supposed to comeback, but had listeria issues.

So much sugary goodness coming out... /sigh. I'll have to balance it all out somehow...

In Halo Top news, I am impressed that they're making semi-unusual flavors. I mean, yes, we've all seen/had cinnamon roll and green tea-flavored ice creams, but I'm really looking forward to trying these. :smile:
  • nicholerohrer
    nicholerohrer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    None of those flavors excite me too much. What kind of candy bar, do you think? Milky Way?

The buzzfeed article mentioned that it was more like chunks of Snickers. The Snickers Blizzard at DQ was my favorite forever and I've had a hole in my heart ever since they stopped doing it... hopefully this HT flavor will be as good as I'm hoping for! lol
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I hope the new Halo Top flavors are gluten free! It would be so disappointing for me if they werent. :(

On a side note, why don't they just make all their flavors gluten free? Cookie dust and dough chunks don't suffer much texture-wise when you use a gluten free recipe.

Lookd like the ones that aren't gluten free are the cinnamon roll, pancakes and waffles and mochi green tea.
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    I'm definitely not touching that green tea one, but the pancakes & waffle is calling out to my soul

Mine too!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    geltner2 wrote: »
    Processed foods like those packaged cookie things are filled with chemicals, sugar and are just BAD for you. There are healthier alternatives.

The only way I see it as 'bad' for me would be if I ate nothing but that over my calories, didn't exercise, and crowded out all other nutrients.

I stopped letting fear-mongering over 'bad foods' control my decisions a long time ago! Just be wise and eat a balanced diet within your calories.

ETA:
    Definitely need to get my hands on the mochi green tea one... It actually looks good to me!
    I also tried buff bake cookies for the first time this week. I didn't care for peanut butter chocolate chip, but loved the oatmeal raisin! They were on sale at GNC since they were close to expiration.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    th?id=OIP.T2T_gSDbYD5VI0dhXoopHAEsC3&pid=15.1&P=0&w=245&h=151

Found this at Wal-Mart (not sure if it's at all Wal-Mart locations) & remembered someone posting about these awhile back. I was surprised that they tasted as good as they did for 90 calories & 21 grams a serving. For not having a lot of sugar in the product it had the right touch of sweetness & I loved how light these were to chew on compared to Stacy's Pita Chips.

reeses-crunchy-cookie.jpg?itok=mf1m-RPj

Meh was not that impressed with this product, but it could be that it was a tad melted from the drive home & since it was the regular size & not a big cup. If I want a Reese's Cup in the future I'll just buy the Big Cup with Reese's Pieces.

Now if they want to re-release more products I won't say no to this one

reeses_whipps_wr.jpg?w=480
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Found this at Wal-Mart (not sure if it's at all Wal-Mart locations) & remembered someone posting about these awhile back. I was surprised that they tasted as good as they did for 90 calories & 21 grams a serving. For not having a lot of sugar in the product it had the right touch of sweetness & I loved how light these were to chew on compared to Stacy's Pita Chips.

Meh was not that impressed with this product, but it could be that it was a tad melted from the drive home & since it was the regular size & not a big cup. If I want a Reese's Cup in the future I'll just buy the Big Cup with Reese's Pieces.

Reese's Whips!?! When was that out and why did they discontinue it???? It sounds fantastic! Have you ever had a Reese's Fastbreak? That's my absolute favorite Reese's product, it's probably the closest thing out there to this since it's also in a bar and has a peanut butter/nougat filling making it softer.

So I discovered two things today:
    1.) Shoprite is still printing Halo Top coupons with each purchase (near my house, anyways). So ready for those new flavors to be released!
    2.) Shoprite limits the amount of ice cream you purchase on sale using your Shoprite card, apparently, which makes sense but I never knew about it. I separated the Enlightened pints in groups of 4 for separate transactions, but I guess 30 pints was too much for them *shrugs* I have 48 pints in my freezer so I'm still pretty happy, hopefully that lasts me through next semester at college since I'll go back to only working three days a week and not have ice cream money.

3txt7d8zk5yx.jpg

ALSO MY RAINBOW SILVERWARE CAME FROM SUCRE ET COTON. It's actually a lot larger and heavier than I was expecting, but I love it! Not sure when I'll ever use the giant spoon though, it looks like something an Asian place would use to dish out family style rice.

hqydcf6re6oe.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Omg Reese's whips I loved those and omg @hgycta fast break were my FAVORITE candy back in the day
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Finally tried some new Lays .. Fried green tomato one is great .. bf got the bacon wrapped jalapeno popper ones. That one is kinda bland .. you can taste bacon but no jalapeno
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    1.) Shoprite is still printing Halo Top coupons with each purchase (near my house, anyways). So ready for those new flavors to be released!
    2.) Shoprite limits the amount of ice cream you purchase on sale using your Shoprite card, apparently, which makes sense but I never knew about it. I separated the Enlightened pints in groups of 4 for separate transactions, but I guess 30 pints was too much for them *shrugs* I have 48 pints in my freezer so I'm still pretty happy, hopefully that lasts me through next semester at college since I'll go back to only working three days a week and not have ice cream money.

I have new coupons too.

It's usually limit 4 of the same flavor.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I have new coupons too.

It's usually limit 4 of the same flavor.

So when it says "limit 4 per variety" it doesn't mean limit 4 per transaction, but 4 of each flavor? So I could ring up 4 vanilla and 4 chocolate peanut butters in one transaction and still get the discount? I think I've been doing it all wrong haha I thought it was just 4 per transaction and had nothing to do with the flavor, but it makes sense because i tried getting 5 vanilla and 7 chocolate peanut butter pints along with an assortment of other various flavors XD what have these companies done to me...
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    45504098_614.jpg
    Not sure how good are these, but bought them at Maxi the other day, anyone tried them yet?

I make my own, it only takes minutes!

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    This time of year is never my favorite. I hate pumpkin and pumpkin spiced stuff. Sometimes you can get apple flavored stuff which is good, but most of it is that dreaded pumpkin spice!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @hgycta

The Whipps bar was basically a Peanut Butter 3 Musketeer's bar.