New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    HALO TOP'S SALTED CARAMEL IS AMAZING OH MY GOODNESS. The cookies & cream is a close second but I was NOT expecting that.
    I love sickening sweet products, and this was exactly that. The base was a lot sweeter than Enlightened's salted caramel and it had a glob of caramel in the middle like Ben & Jerry's cores. Unfortunately the caramel was extremely scarce past the small glob (again, like Ben & Jerry's haha!) but it tasted very rich and buttery, almost like cajeta or dulce de leche. Some caramels are thin and artificial, this was thick and flavorful.
    If you haven't tried it: get it
    If you have tried it: did your Pint have more caramel than mine? Maybe I got one without much swirl but honestly whereas this would normally disappoint me the pint was so sweet and rich I didn't mind! 11/10 xD

Salted Caramel is my everything. However, with Halo Top I find its my second favorite flavor (after peanut butter.)
    I've had many pints of the caramel and yes, it has one glob of caramel but a damn delicious one at that!

Still haven't made it to the peanut butter one I'm honestly scared considering that's my weakness too I'm scared what will happen to my money if I like it even more than this caramel xD
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Cake-Batter-Cookie-Pie-10-of-10w.jpg

Since someone posted a dessert recipe, I made this for my birthday and love it. Even using less chocolate chips and sprinkles, it's fairly calorie heavy. Over 4,000 for the whole pie (my 100 gram piece tonight came out to 425 cals)- very much worth it. :yum:

You're courageous. I made a cannoli cake for my friend's birthday and didn't even dare counting the calories (I didn't use all the filling and frosting though so it would have been hard to be accurate anyway).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Since someone posted a dessert recipe, I made this for my birthday and love it. Even using less chocolate chips and sprinkles, it's fairly calorie heavy. Over 4,000 for the whole pie (my 100 gram piece tonight came out to 425 cals)- very much worth it. :yum:

OMG *drools* that look just....soooo...good. Cake batter is one of my favorite flavors.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Oh this just reminded me of the cookie cups I used to get at the mall. Ugh want so bad.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I've only had the birthday cake. I'm missing out on the new flavors. :disappointed:

You're not alone.

Giant is the nearest retailer to me that sells Halo Top & out of the three or four flavors they carry Birthday Cake is the most appealing.

Once I go to Wegman's I'll buy a few of the new flavors.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    HALO TOP'S SALTED CARAMEL IS AMAZING OH MY GOODNESS. The cookies & cream is a close second but I was NOT expecting that.
    I love sickening sweet products, and this was exactly that. The base was a lot sweeter than Enlightened's salted caramel and it had a glob of caramel in the middle like Ben & Jerry's cores. Unfortunately the caramel was extremely scarce past the small glob (again, like Ben & Jerry's haha!) but it tasted very rich and buttery, almost like cajeta or dulce de leche. Some caramels are thin and artificial, this was thick and flavorful.
    If you have tried it: did your Pint have more caramel than mine? Maybe I got one without much swirl but honestly whereas this would normally disappoint me the pint was so sweet and rich I didn't mind! 11/10 xD

My pint had a ton of caramel swirled in it and I ADORED it. I am in love with this flavor.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »

Salted Caramel is my everything. However, with Halo Top I find its my second favorite flavor (after peanut butter.)
    I've had many pints of the caramel and yes, it has one glob of caramel but a damn delicious one at that!

After hearing how peanut-buttery the peanut butter is, I need to get it. I love all things peanut butter.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/31/deep-dish-cookie-pie/

Try this alternative recipe. You won't regret it!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

omg this looks delicious! i think i am going to make this over the weekend for my boyfriend's birthday - thank you for posting :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

My pint had a ton of caramel swirled in it and I ADORED it. I am in love with this flavor.

I'm finishing mine now and yeah.. not too much of it (and it's only on one side of the pint, it's a bit odd). And the base tastes really artificial to me, which really is a recurrent problem with me and Halo Top. I'm going to finish my three pints and probably give up on it, sadly.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm finishing mine now and yeah.. not too much of it (and it's only on one side of the pint, it's a bit odd). And the base tastes really artificial to me, which really is a recurrent problem with me and Halo Top. I'm going to finish my three pints and probably give up on it, sadly.

I wasn't super impressed with the base either. I wish they had used the vanilla bean base. I love it and feel like tastes the closest to regular ice cream w/o much "diety" taste.

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    ThinkThin's dark chocolate peppermint bar is quite possibly the greatest thing I've tasted for only 150 calories and highly recommend it to anyone who loves mint! Usually their bars aren't the most satisfying to me but this one is definitely an exception to that.

Questions: Does ThinkThin's Dark Chocolate Peppermint bar have a nutty flavor? Do any other not-explicitly-nut-flavored Think Thin bars taste like the advertised flavor? I once tried Think Thin's Salted Caramel bar, and I tasted a distinct nut flavor, so I've been too afraid to spend money on other bars.
    I absolutely hate peanuts, almonds, etc., but I can stand nuts as long as the taste isn't there. For example, MusclePharm's and Quest's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar have almonds listed as an ingredient, but the almond taste isn't actually there, and I love both bars.

I usually don't really care for their bars too much but really enjoyed this flavor, if that says anything. I didn't taste any nut flavor, but I mean, if you're sensitive to that taste you might taste something I don't and perhaps I overlooked it since nutty flavors really don't bother me. All I noticed was rich dark chocolate and a strong mint, almost like a softer thin mint.
    Tried the Dunkin Donuts Peppermint Crunch Donut today.

(not my picture haha)

2016DDHolidayLineup1_9b25c013-9fcd-4b64-bd8d-51113528168b-prv.jpg

Pretty good! It could have did with a little less peppermint pieces, but overall it was tasty.

I've been eyeing it for the longest time but it's just so many calories! Did you get a chance to try the Boston Kreme Croissant Donut? That one also looks incredible!

Not yet. I'm not usually a huge donut or pastry fan, but I couldn't resist peppermint.

Have you or anyone else tried the Starbucks Egg Nog frap?

I didn't try it as a frap, just a latte, but I thought it was really gross, and not really eggnog flavored at all. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of coffee, so maybe other people can get an eggnog flavor through the coffee, but I can't really get any flavor more than just some sort of sweetness.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »

I downloaded the katie recipe to MFP--not bad! (This is with 1 cup brown sugar):

p0uupnh0v5fk.jpg

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    besee_2000 wrote: »

I downloaded the katie recipe to MFP--not bad! (This is with 1 cup brown sugar):

p0uupnh0v5fk.jpg

I've made this recipe before, was pretty good. Would not say incredible or amazing though, just pretty good!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    31412161236_eb44700c88_z.jpg?resize=640%2C344&ssl=1

Bought these after resisting for a few weeks. They just looked...sooo...good. 10/10 highly reccomend they were SO GOOD, but dangerously so (as I thought). I love chocolate covered crackers and graham crackers. The honey toffee had a really nice toffee taste.

Reminds me of these tasty noms that I grew up helping my mom make! ETA http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2014/01/chocolate-cracker-toffee-sweet-and-salty-yum.html
    ntb1c073ychu.jpg

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    31412161236_eb44700c88_z.jpg?resize=640%2C344&ssl=1

Bought these after resisting for a few weeks. They just looked...sooo...good. 10/10 highly reccomend they were SO GOOD, but dangerously so (as I thought). I love chocolate covered crackers and graham crackers. The honey toffee had a really nice toffee taste.

How salty is the "salty" part because that's what always turns me off to salted caramel...or toffee...flavored anything.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    bczqmklkzumd.jpg

This is SO GOOD (and by the way, I love that y'all are my peppermint-loving pals)! I kind of want to leave work, go home, and eat the entire bag.