New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    fmbq6x7555sp.jpg
    k1agcv535sfo.jpg

Saw these in target and couldn't resist. I didn't really care for the peppermint cake, but maybe that's my fault for trying to make it like the Lil Buff mixes and substituting egg whites and applesauce for eggs and oil.
    Liked the birthday cake flavored popcorn a lot but probably won't get it again since it wasn't anything that blew me away or anything. Not bad at all though! Very subtle, sweet, and doesn't taste artificial.

Also got into the Cookie Dough Halo Top Pint. 10/10 I would never be able to tell the difference between this and a full fat cookie dough ice cream! They aced it!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Didn't someone in here say Quest was going to have an ice cream as well?

Wouldn't be surprised ;)

Yep, they are trying to jump on the bandwagons of all the trends. (protein cookies and ice cream)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Why don't more companies have a coffee and donuts flavored ice cream :(
  • hgycta
    Options
    ThinkThin's dark chocolate peppermint bar is quite possibly the greatest thing I've tasted for only 150 calories and highly recommend it to anyone who loves mint! Usually their bars aren't the most satisfying to me but this one is definitely an exception to that.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    ThinkThin's dark chocolate peppermint bar is quite possibly the greatest thing I've tasted for only 150 calories and highly recommend it to anyone who loves mint! Usually their bars aren't the most satisfying to me but this one is definitely an exception to that.

Where? Do tell.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Found these

31328507381_ef421d5ec5_z.jpg?resize=480%2C640&ssl=1

It's alright. Probably not worth 150 calories. Still nowhere as good as Noosa salted caramel, obviously.

Also Halo Top is on sale at Shop Rite at $2.88 but they only had lemon and strawberry left (neither of which I care for). Might check the other one at some point this week.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Questions: Does ThinkThin's Dark Chocolate Peppermint bar have a nutty flavor? Do any other not-explicitly-nut-flavored Think Thin bars taste like the advertised flavor? I once tried Think Thin's Salted Caramel bar, and I tasted a distinct nut flavor, so I've been too afraid to spend money on other bars.
    I absolutely hate peanuts, almonds, etc., but I can stand nuts as long as the taste isn't there. For example, MusclePharm's and Quest's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar have almonds listed as an ingredient, but the almond taste isn't actually there, and I love both bars.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Tried the Dunkin Donuts Peppermint Crunch Donut today.

(not my picture haha)

2016DDHolidayLineup1_9b25c013-9fcd-4b64-bd8d-51113528168b-prv.jpg

Pretty good! It could have did with a little less peppermint pieces, but overall it was tasty.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited December 2016
    Options
    fmbq6x7555sp.jpg
    k1agcv535sfo.jpg

Saw these in target and couldn't resist. I didn't really care for the peppermint cake, but maybe that's my fault for trying to make it like the Lil Buff mixes and substituting egg whites and applesauce for eggs and oil.
    Liked the birthday cake flavored popcorn a lot but probably won't get it again since it wasn't anything that blew me away or anything. Not bad at all though! Very subtle, sweet, and doesn't taste artificial.

Also got into the Cookie Dough Halo Top Pint. 10/10 I would never be able to tell the difference between this and a full fat cookie dough ice cream! They aced it!

After your popcorn find I bought it while I was at Target today. I agree it was pleasant, but not something I would feel the need to buy or try again.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    61E-mz7nuDL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Bought this at Five & Below today figuring the family would have a blast decorating their own gingerbread cookies this year on Christmas.

I bought an extra bag of Gingerbread cookie mix at Walmart in case.
  • hgycta
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

Questions: Does ThinkThin's Dark Chocolate Peppermint bar have a nutty flavor? Do any other not-explicitly-nut-flavored Think Thin bars taste like the advertised flavor? I once tried Think Thin's Salted Caramel bar, and I tasted a distinct nut flavor, so I've been too afraid to spend money on other bars.
    I absolutely hate peanuts, almonds, etc., but I can stand nuts as long as the taste isn't there. For example, MusclePharm's and Quest's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar have almonds listed as an ingredient, but the almond taste isn't actually there, and I love both bars.

I usually don't really care for their bars too much but really enjoyed this flavor, if that says anything. I didn't taste any nut flavor, but I mean, if you're sensitive to that taste you might taste something I don't and perhaps I overlooked it since nutty flavors really don't bother me. All I noticed was rich dark chocolate and a strong mint, almost like a softer thin mint.

(not my picture haha)

Pretty good! It could have did with a little less peppermint pieces, but overall it was tasty.

I've been eyeing it for the longest time but it's just so many calories! Did you get a chance to try the Boston Kreme Croissant Donut? That one also looks incredible!
  • Suanough
    Suanough Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Found a Protein Shake that I love, VEGA Sport... 30g protein + lots of other goodies...

72929111.png
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I usually don't really care for their bars too much but really enjoyed this flavor, if that says anything. I didn't taste any nut flavor, but I mean, if you're sensitive to that taste you might taste something I don't and perhaps I overlooked it since nutty flavors really don't bother me. All I noticed was rich dark chocolate and a strong mint, almost like a softer thin mint.

(not my picture haha)

I've been eyeing it for the longest time but it's just so many calories! Did you get a chance to try the Boston Kreme Croissant Donut? That one also looks incredible!

Not yet. I'm not usually a huge donut or pastry fan, but I couldn't resist peppermint.

Have you or anyone else tried the Starbucks Egg Nog frap?
  • Francl27
    Options

(not my picture haha)

I really liked the Boston Creme one!
  • CooCooPuff
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've been meaning to try at least one of the holiday drinks from Starbucks that aren't peppermint. I checked the Starbucks subreddit today and found out that there's a fruitcake frap recipe set to be released for the 15th-18th.

Krispy Kreme salted caramel was pretty disappointing. It wasn't terrible, but very unmemorable. I also don't think the new snowman donut is as cute as last years.
  • hgycta
    edited December 2016
    Options
    HALO TOP'S SALTED CARAMEL IS AMAZING OH MY GOODNESS. The cookies & cream is a close second but I was NOT expecting that.
    I love sickening sweet products, and this was exactly that. The base was a lot sweeter than Enlightened's salted caramel and it had a glob of caramel in the middle like Ben & Jerry's cores. Unfortunately the caramel was extremely scarce past the small glob (again, like Ben & Jerry's haha!) but it tasted very rich and buttery, almost like cajeta or dulce de leche. Some caramels are thin and artificial, this was thick and flavorful.
    If you haven't tried it: get it
    If you have tried it: did your Pint have more caramel than mine? Maybe I got one without much swirl but honestly whereas this would normally disappoint me the pint was so sweet and rich I didn't mind! 11/10 xD
  • Francl27
    Options
    HALO TOP'S SALTED CARAMEL IS AMAZING OH MY GOODNESS. The cookies & cream is a close second but I was NOT expecting that.
    I love sickening sweet products, and this was exactly that. The base was a lot sweeter than Enlightened's salted caramel and it had a glob of caramel in the middle like Ben & Jerry's cores. Unfortunately the caramel was extremely scarce past the small glob (again, like Ben & Jerry's haha!) but it tasted very rich and buttery, almost like cajeta or dulce de leche. Some caramels are thin and artificial, this was thick and flavorful.
    If you have tried it: did your Pint have more caramel than mine? Maybe I got one without much swirl but honestly whereas this would normally disappoint me the pint was so sweet and rich I didn't mind! 11/10 xD

My pint doesn't have much. I was disappointed honestly, but I guess I haven't been impressed with the new flavors overall. Still got to try red velvet and peanut butter cup.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options

Salted Caramel is my everything. However, with Halo Top I find its my second favorite flavor (after peanut butter.)
    I've had many pints of the caramel and yes, it has one glob of caramel but a damn delicious one at that!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    All these reviews makes me think I am missing out, I've never had halo top because I'm not really a fan of ice cream...but these make me want to try it LOL.
  • CooCooPuff
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've only had the birthday cake. I'm missing out on the new flavors. :disappointed: