New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Boom Chicka Pop....

9lgceu50c2by.jpg

I opened a bag for just a taste and...well...not a kernel left in the bag after I got through with it. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this yet? I'm not overly fond of Hershey usually, but the bar I made at their factory a few months ago was very tasty... so I'm curious!

hersheycaramelcrunch-03.jpg
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this yet? I'm not overly fond of Hershey usually, but the bar I made at their factory a few months ago was very tasty... so I'm curious!

mmm that sounds good. It sounds similar to a Twix
  • Francl27
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »

mmm that sounds good. It sounds similar to a Twix

The review says it's similar but more chocolatey.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Speaking of Boom Chicka Pop....

9lgceu50c2by.jpg

I opened a bag for just a taste and...well...not a kernel left in the bag after I got through with it. :)
    I tried that last year and loved it too.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ProductPage_PkgMocks-Snickerdoodle-Bigger-copy.jpg

OreoPackage@2x.jpg

Wow these are amazing! I found these snacks in Wal-Mart's produce/bakery area on the stand that I believe sells the Snapea Crisps.

My favorite out of the two would have to be the Snickerdoodle flavor, because it did taste as soft as eating a cookie with a little crunch.

There's also a Nilla Wafer almond flavor & Brownie Walnut flavor, but neither of them interest me much.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    neldabg wrote: »
    ThinkThin's dark chocolate peppermint bar is quite possibly the greatest thing I've tasted for only 150 calories and highly recommend it to anyone who loves mint! Usually their bars aren't the most satisfying to me but this one is definitely an exception to that.

Questions: Does ThinkThin's Dark Chocolate Peppermint bar have a nutty flavor? Do any other not-explicitly-nut-flavored Think Thin bars taste like the advertised flavor? I once tried Think Thin's Salted Caramel bar, and I tasted a distinct nut flavor, so I've been too afraid to spend money on other bars.
    I absolutely hate peanuts, almonds, etc., but I can stand nuts as long as the taste isn't there. For example, MusclePharm's and Quest's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar have almonds listed as an ingredient, but the almond taste isn't actually there, and I love both bars.

I usually don't really care for their bars too much but really enjoyed this flavor, if that says anything. I didn't taste any nut flavor, but I mean, if you're sensitive to that taste you might taste something I don't and perhaps I overlooked it since nutty flavors really don't bother me. All I noticed was rich dark chocolate and a strong mint, almost like a softer thin mint.
    Tried the Dunkin Donuts Peppermint Crunch Donut today.

(not my picture haha)

2016DDHolidayLineup1_9b25c013-9fcd-4b64-bd8d-51113528168b-prv.jpg

Pretty good! It could have did with a little less peppermint pieces, but overall it was tasty.

I've been eyeing it for the longest time but it's just so many calories! Did you get a chance to try the Boston Kreme Croissant Donut? That one also looks incredible!

Not yet. I'm not usually a huge donut or pastry fan, but I couldn't resist peppermint.

Have you or anyone else tried the Starbucks Egg Nog frap?

I didn't try it as a frap, just a latte, but I thought it was really gross, and not really eggnog flavored at all. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of coffee, so maybe other people can get an eggnog flavor through the coffee, but I can't really get any flavor more than just some sort of sweetness.

I tried the eggnog latte about three years ago when I was on vacation in Florida (stores near my house didn't carry it at the time) and I too was very unimpressed. I love eggnog, and coffee, but this was the worst of both worlds. Hardly tasted like eggnog and was very dry. Not enjoyable enough to get again after that, especially for the calories (and price)!

Also, I'm not sure if Shoprite stores all have the same promotions or if they're regional but I live in Maryland and the Shoprites here are having Halo Top on sale for $2.88 a pint which is hands down the best I've ever seen them! They don't have the newer flavors here unfortunately, but I'm consuming so many of the new ones I picked up at Wegmans that I had space to stock up on some of the older ones because quite honestly at this price point I'd be nuts not to! Wish my freezer was bigger! @Francl27 I'm surprised the peanut butter actually appealed to you now I KNOW that's something I have to try ASAP, tonight!!!
  • Francl27
    Options
    ThinkThin's dark chocolate peppermint bar is quite possibly the greatest thing I've tasted for only 150 calories and highly recommend it to anyone who loves mint! Usually their bars aren't the most satisfying to me but this one is definitely an exception to that.

Questions: Does ThinkThin's Dark Chocolate Peppermint bar have a nutty flavor? Do any other not-explicitly-nut-flavored Think Thin bars taste like the advertised flavor? I once tried Think Thin's Salted Caramel bar, and I tasted a distinct nut flavor, so I've been too afraid to spend money on other bars.
    I absolutely hate peanuts, almonds, etc., but I can stand nuts as long as the taste isn't there. For example, MusclePharm's and Quest's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar have almonds listed as an ingredient, but the almond taste isn't actually there, and I love both bars.

I usually don't really care for their bars too much but really enjoyed this flavor, if that says anything. I didn't taste any nut flavor, but I mean, if you're sensitive to that taste you might taste something I don't and perhaps I overlooked it since nutty flavors really don't bother me. All I noticed was rich dark chocolate and a strong mint, almost like a softer thin mint.

(not my picture haha)

Pretty good! It could have did with a little less peppermint pieces, but overall it was tasty.

I've been eyeing it for the longest time but it's just so many calories! Did you get a chance to try the Boston Kreme Croissant Donut? That one also looks incredible!

Not yet. I'm not usually a huge donut or pastry fan, but I couldn't resist peppermint.

I didn't try it as a frap, just a latte, but I thought it was really gross, and not really eggnog flavored at all. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of coffee, so maybe other people can get an eggnog flavor through the coffee, but I can't really get any flavor more than just some sort of sweetness.

I tried the eggnog latte about three years ago when I was on vacation in Florida (stores near my house didn't carry it at the time) and I too was very unimpressed. I love eggnog, and coffee, but this was the worst of both worlds. Hardly tasted like eggnog and was very dry. Not enjoyable enough to get again after that, especially for the calories (and price)!

Also, I'm not sure if Shoprite stores all have the same promotions or if they're regional but I live in Maryland and the Shoprites here are having Halo Top on sale for $2.88 a pint which is hands down the best I've ever seen them! They don't have the newer flavors here unfortunately, but I'm consuming so many of the new ones I picked up at Wegmans that I had space to stock up on some of the older ones because quite honestly at this price point I'd be nuts not to! Wish my freezer was bigger! @Francl27 I'm surprised the peanut butter actually appealed to you now I KNOW that's something I have to try ASAP, tonight!!!

Yeah I saw the sale at Shop Rite too but they only had lemon and strawberry left. Bleh.

Honestly though... my experience has been completely hit and miss on the Halo Top flavors. Sometimes even for the same flavor, one pint will taste artificial to me and another one will taste fine (it happened with vanilla). I really don't get it. Heck I still haven't been able to finish the pint of salted caramel, honestly. I did like cookies and cream and chocolate almond though!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Tried the Peanut Butter Cup Halo Top pint, surprisingly I'm actually not impressed at all. The cocoa was very light and subtle while the peanut butter didn't really stand out too much (I suppose I was hoping for more swirl given the higher calories for this pint). A sweeter and richer dark chocolate base with peanut butter globs was what I was expecting, but this would probably appeal to those who don't like their desserts disgustingly sweet (I do, so I'll stick to the sea salt caramel flavor). Not bad though, just not a flavor I'll actively seek out again.

(not my picture haha)

Yeah I saw the sale at Shop Rite too but they only had lemon and strawberry left. Bleh.

Honestly though... my experience has been completely hit and miss on the Halo Top flavors. Sometimes even for the same flavor, one pint will taste artificial to me and another one will taste fine (it happened with vanilla). I really don't get it. Heck I still haven't been able to finish the pint of salted caramel, honestly. I did like cookies and cream and chocolate almond though!

I've definitely noticed this, too. Especially with the birthday cake flavor, it's really hit or miss with me! Consistency, too. Sometimes it's really hard and sometimes it's soft (despite setting them out to thaw each time).
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I looked on the Halo Top website and they said they were sold at the Kroger by me so I was planning on that for dinner (I know, it's been a tough day) but they ended up not having it :( I got Arctic Zero cake batter flavor instead but it's super gross :(
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I looked on the Halo Top website and they said they were sold at the Kroger by me so I was planning on that for dinner (I know, it's been a tough day) but they ended up not having it :( I got Arctic Zero cake batter flavor instead but it's super gross :(
    The only pint of theirs I'd buy again is the cookie dough. The base sucked, but the dough was good. That being said, Halo Top birthday cake is so much better.
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Eat Me Guilt Free or Doughbar baked products? Also I really want to try the Real Good Foods pizzas but buying bulk online is a no go for me. Has anyone tried and if so what's your take?
  • dorybaby
    dorybaby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    patceoh wrote: »
    Burger King pancakes have a load of calories,but don't they all?

I don't really think the calories are all that bad honestly. A stack of three pancakes without syrup or butter is only 300 calories, and they're very satisfying! I'll admit I'm perhaps a little weird and will sometimes bring a small pack of sugar free syrup to save calories or eat them plain, they do have a lot of flavor and are quite buttery tasting alone. Or you could always see if they have jelly packets or something else lower in calories so it doesn't seem as bad :)

Pancakes without butter & syrup sound sad.

My dad would agree with you - he always puts plenty of syrup on his pancakes no matter what.

Me, if I want to put syrup or butter on a pancake, I consider the pancake a fail. Of course, there are always pancakes bad enough that I know butter and syrup can't save them (McDonald's) so I'll still eat those plain when I have to have them. I figure, why waste even more calories on them?

Back to the topic of new products ...

Finally got around to trying the Buddy's Small Batch Chocolate Peanut Butter. Eh. Neither chocolate-y nor peanut butter-y enough for what I want. I will probably buy the cinnamon raisin version, though. That was very tasty.

Haha. I don't add butter. I add maybe a tablespoon of syrup.

I know I'm a little late to the pancake conversation from the end of November, but Walden Farms syrup has literally 0 everything and its pretty decent!! I picked up mine from Bi Lo, but they have it at some walmarts too! You can go to Walden Farms website and search where they sell it in your area!!

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    dorybaby wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    Burger King pancakes have a load of calories,but don't they all?

I don't really think the calories are all that bad honestly. A stack of three pancakes without syrup or butter is only 300 calories, and they're very satisfying! I'll admit I'm perhaps a little weird and will sometimes bring a small pack of sugar free syrup to save calories or eat them plain, they do have a lot of flavor and are quite buttery tasting alone. Or you could always see if they have jelly packets or something else lower in calories so it doesn't seem as bad :)

Pancakes without butter & syrup sound sad.

My dad would agree with you - he always puts plenty of syrup on his pancakes no matter what.

Me, if I want to put syrup or butter on a pancake, I consider the pancake a fail. Of course, there are always pancakes bad enough that I know butter and syrup can't save them (McDonald's) so I'll still eat those plain when I have to have them. I figure, why waste even more calories on them?

Back to the topic of new products ...

Finally got around to trying the Buddy's Small Batch Chocolate Peanut Butter. Eh. Neither chocolate-y nor peanut butter-y enough for what I want. I will probably buy the cinnamon raisin version, though. That was very tasty.

Haha. I don't add butter. I add maybe a tablespoon of syrup.

I know I'm a little late to the pancake conversation from the end of November, but Walden Farms syrup has literally 0 everything and its pretty decent!! I picked up mine from Bi Lo, but they have it at some walmarts too! You can go to Walden Farms website and search where they sell it in your area!!

I found it disgusting texturally. Walden Farms is pretty divisive I think- you either love or hate it haha
  • Francl27
    Options
    Red Velvet Halo Top = not sure what it tastes like, but it's pretty good. No artificial taste this time.

I emailed Halo Top about that issue too and we'll see what they say about it...