Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I tend to be fairly thrifty but I already failed on the no spend - I got 10 dribble bibs for £16.50 inclu postage. They are super funky designs, good quality, and I had a coupon so how could I not? Technically needed as Pandy's are all falling to bits and little sproglet will need them too. Also I'm 24 weeks today, which is exciting as that means we are officially 'viable'!

So cool! Congratulations!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I'm going to do some August only goals - just to try and make some progress. Posting them here to create some accountability.

1. Get the credit card paid down to $4500 (my New Year's resolution was to pay off the balance every month. Oops.)
    2. Get my weight back down to at least 165 (173.8 this morning). Bonus for 160.
    3. 375 lb deadlift (gonna try for this Saturday!)
    4. No unnecessary buying for the whole month!

We're doing a "No spend August" aka no buying *kitten* we don't need as well! Here's hoping we can follow through with it :)

I made it through an entire trip without buying a any sweatshirts, tee shirts, baseball caps, etc. I am so fes up with all the STUFF in my life.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'm going to do some August only goals - just to try and make some progress. Posting them here to create some accountability.

1. Get the credit card paid down to $4500 (my New Year's resolution was to pay off the balance every month. Oops.)

I will try again with you. After vacation I am up to 135. Sigh. 15 to go now.

- Finish Chapter 2 of Dissertation
    - Get under 130
    - Check in daily again (been off track)
    - Exercise daily
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Back from vacation, which was fabulous. Lots of work to catch up on. Regionals powerlifting competition is THIS Saturday!!!

Good luck!
    I'm back too... it was great but back at it. I'll post some pics too when my internet connection is better.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Mel, we start up the following week. I am still getting last minute things done for DD's birthday party on Saturday. I think Quik is on vacation and everyone else is MIA??
    Mel, we start up the following week. I am still getting last minute things done for DD's birthday party on Saturday. I think Quik is on vacation and everyone else is MIA??

I've been on vacation too and just stressed and busy at work before that. I'm going to try and get better at keeping up in here. You guys are my happy place..
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Conference is over. My dad is not home. (My nephew had been dragging him to dinner on Saturday evenings).
    Tomorrow I get 15 kids in my new Sunday school group. I also get my good friend Beth as a co-teacher.
    On Monday, I will officially have a middle schooler and a senior.

ETA : conference was great. The speaker, Lisa Harper, was both hilarious and right on the message I needed today.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    My competition went awesome!

Squat - 225
    Bench -150
    Deads - 375!!! I DID IT!!!

I took gold in my age/weight (which was just me :D ) but silver overall in just weight, and I think there were 7 women in that.

That's super great!!! :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Options

Squat - 225
    Bench -150

I took gold in my age/weight (which was just me :D ) but silver overall in just weight, and I think there were 7 women in that.

Congratulations!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Conference is over. My dad is not home. (My nephew had been dragging him to dinner on Saturday evenings).
    Tomorrow I get 15 kids in my new Sunday school group. I also get my good friend Beth as a co-teacher.
    On Monday, I will officially have a middle schooler and a senior.

ETA : conference was great. The speaker, Lisa Harper, was both hilarious and right on the message I needed today.

Nice! Glad it was worthwhile!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

We're doing a "No spend August" aka no buying *kitten* we don't need as well! Here's hoping we can follow through with it :)

I made it through an entire trip without buying a any sweatshirts, tee shirts, baseball caps, etc. I am so fes up with all the STUFF in my life.

Sounds like it is time to do the backwards hangers for six months. Turn them back around when you wear something and anything not turned, goes out! You might have to do this by seasons, since you actually have them.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Sounds like it is time to do the backwards hangers for six months. Turn them back around when you wear something and anything not turned, goes out! You might have to do this by seasons, since you actually have them.

I could probably give away everything in my closet and just wear the things that I have tossed over my chair for the last two weeks...
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I keep attempting things like this to clean out my closet, then I find things I just can't part with. Time to dump it all.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I cleaned up my closet a bit yesterday. I have a HUGE Goodwill pile!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    So in consultation with my therapist I'm stopping with tracking my calories and eating intuitively, I'm starting to get obsessive in a bad way with calories etc. So instead I am ensure that my macros and micros are hit (which is a big thing as a vegan) with three basic meals and then the rest I will be eating as I feel hungry. I'm also weighing in once a week just to see where things sit for weight class (power lifting), trials and tribulations of mental illness I tell ya!

I definitely feel you!

I still track my calories, but I delete the entries at the end of the day & just put my calorie number ate as a quick calorie total. I feel it helps with my OCD so I'm not going back & checking my macro numbers & getting upset if I went way over in sodium or sugar or getting irritated at myself if I ate more junk food on a particular day.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Squat - 225
    Bench -150

gif+happy+dance.gif

giphy.gif
  • Oberon21
    Options

I have been working on this for a year. I pull something out, put it on. If it's too big, looks ratty, or I don't like the way it looks I donate it. Of I wear it and by the end of the day I haven't felt comfortable I donate it. I have gotten rid or a lot that way. I just have sooo much.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME. Also unsolicited thing I noticed, you're deadlifts are AMAZING but I think you can add more poundage if you get the bar in closer to your legs, that way it's less of a struggle with the bar.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME. Also unsolicited thing I noticed, you're deadlifts are AMAZING but I think you can add more poundage if you get the bar in closer to your legs, that way it's less of a struggle with the bar.

I'll play with that and see what happens. Thanks!