True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I confess i only brought two oatmeal packets for food today and will probably be eating out
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I confess i only brought two oatmeal packets for food today and will probably be eating out

Good call. Oatmeal packets are snacks, not meals. I'm excited for all your lunch options.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    IC

9t7521jtfrhi.png
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish that I was still a kid just so that I could use the excuse of, "my mom says I can't go," when someone invites me to do something and I don't want to.

Now I have to make up my own excuse because for some reason people get offended when you say, "sorry, but I'm going to stay home and do nothing rather than spend time with you."

Or you can say. Oh sorry I can't go. I have to watch paint dry. :D
  • amyscoggins94
    amyscoggins94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I confess that I daily want to eat Pizza and Potato Chips while binge watching Game of Thrones Seasons.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Sometimes I just feel so over it all. Like I just want to flip my desk and walk out, on all of life, but only for the rest of the day. I like having a job and other life responsibilities. I just rather not take care of any of them until tomorrow.

You need a vacation, my friend. Come over and eat pizza and potato chips. Also, you need to start watching GoT. :p
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Sometimes I just feel so over it all. Like I just want to flip my desk and walk out, on all of life, but only for the rest of the day. I like having a job and other life responsibilities. I just rather not take care of any of them until tomorrow.

Let's go to Mexico !

.... I know a beach
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish that I was still a kid just so that I could use the excuse of, "my mom says I can't go," when someone invites me to do something and I don't want to.

Now I have to make up my own excuse because for some reason people get offended when you say, "sorry, but I'm going to stay home and do nothing rather than spend time with you."

I've learned to say no, if that's what you want to do. I feel resentful otherwise, if I choose to do something I don't want to do.

With friends and family I will usually elaborate. "no I don't feel like doing that today". If they get upset I figure that that is selfish of them, I'm telling you the truth about what I want...how is that less important than what they want?
    I want to spend my days doing what I want, and I don't think that is wrong!
    always thought that "no" is one of the strongest and best words to keep in your vocabulary. its an awful word at times but it does harden you.

I have learned that saying "no" can feel a bit awkward, and can really stop a conversation bluntly, but afterwards I have never regretted it.

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

always thought that "no" is one of the strongest and best words to keep in your vocabulary. its an awful word at times but it does harden you.

True. This is also why I'm very open about how much I love being at home. Quite often if someone is going to ask me to hang out they know me well enough to know that I just might not want to and to not take it personally.

This. My friends know how introverted I am and they always give me an out. But if they're more persistent than usual, an "I'd love to come, buuuut I don't want to" usually works. :sweat_smile:
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

True. This is also why I'm very open about how much I love being at home. Quite often if someone is going to ask me to hang out they know me well enough to know that I just might not want to and to not take it personally.

This. My friends know how introverted I am and they always give me an out. But if they're more persistent than usual, an "I'd love to come, buuuut I don't want to" usually works. :sweat_smile:

I have the opposite problem i want to go out and have no friends! Or time! Or babysitter
  • caco_ethes
    Options

I have the opposite problem i want to go out and have no friends! Or time! Or babysitter

Oh! I meant to tell you who you remind me of. Ever heard of Jacob Laukaitis? He's a Lithuanian youtuber, I'm sure you have. :smirk: Anyway, I watched a video of his last night and he reminded me so much of you. His personality specifically, although a little in appearance too. You should check him out, he's the most likeable (likable?) guy ever!
  • captainfantastic94
    Options

Oh! I meant to tell you who you remind me of. Ever heard of Jacob Laukaitis? He's a Lithuanian youtuber, I'm sure you have. :smirk: Anyway, I watched a video of his last night and he reminded me so much of you. His personality specifically, although a little in appearance too. You should check him out, he's the most likeable (likable?) guy ever!

The cheese factor in the couple of minutes i watched was great, i love it, will deffinately check out more of him, his videos are also better than mine
  • caco_ethes
    Options

The cheese factor in the couple of minutes i watched was great, i love it, will deffinately check out more of him, his videos are also better than mine

He's just got this super outgoing personality and zest for life, i love him!
  • captainfantastic94
    Options

He's just got this super outgoing personality and zest for life, i love him!

Thanks for showing that to me
  • VintageMisery0514
    VintageMisery0514 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I keep my earbuds in at work pretty much all day, but sometimes, I'm just pretending I have something playing so I "can't hear" certain coworkers trying to get my attention for small talk. I even do fake headbobs occasionally, like I'm reeaaalllyyyy into the music. It works most of the time.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    I was on here, then I wasn't and now I'm on here again.

Welcome back!!