New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    cdkelly wrote: »
    Shirataki noodles. I used them with snap peas and Basil pesto in my meal prep this week. A great alternative to pasta or zoodles. Be sure to rinse them first!

They are wonderful! I rinse and microwave the noodles for 1 minute three times before using them, but it's so worth it to have noodly goodness without the carbs/calories.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    So I found the Hostess chocolate peanut butter twinkies and the Bakery Cupcake Cookies at Smart & Final.

I wasn't that impressed with the twinkies. Weirdly, I like the chocolate cake part more than I did with the chocolate cake with the regular filling. The peanut butter filling didn't do it for me.

I wasn't planning on liking the cupcake cookies because I figured they'd be a bit too chocolatey (it's possible!) but I, of course, had to try them. They were goooooood. The cake part is so moist and the topping was a bit softer than on a the normal cupcake.

They also had the chocolate covered twinkies with sprinkles but there's no way I can justify 240 calories for just ONE of those things.
  • JenniferOBX14
    JenniferOBX14 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Was this out last year? Is it new? I don't think I've ever seen it before but I couldn't resist!
    ew4tvjjot9q4.jpg

I have never tried Kodiak brand but must find this!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    0043695739570_CL_version_type_large.jpeg

Not awful, but not something I would want to waste my calories on again!

Not much heat either.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Was this out last year? Is it new? I don't think I've ever seen it before but I couldn't resist!
    ew4tvjjot9q4.jpg

I finally purchased the dark chocolate kodiak cakes and they are delicious!!! Didn't even really need syrup. Just 1 tbsp.

ETA: I tried to make a waffle with it (even sprayed the iron really well) and it went HORRIBLY.

The bit I got off tasted good though. Kodiak Pancakes only from now on lol
  • Strives4Progress
    Strives4Progress Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the carrot spice ones. Just the plain. They weren't very good. Very bland. Tasted like cardboard (if I knew what cardboard tasted like lol)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    ew4tvjjot9q4.jpg

I finally purchased the dark chocolate kodiak cakes and they are delicious!!! Didn't even really need syrup. Just 1 tbsp.

ETA: I tried to make a waffle with it (even sprayed the iron really well) and it went HORRIBLY.

The bit I got off tasted good though. Kodiak Pancakes only from now on lol

Super tasty with hazelnut butter too.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    flapjacked-protein-pancake-mix-12-oz-supplement-central.jpg

Anyone tried these, they are selling them at my local grocery store and it has better macros than the Kodiak ones.

I tried them several years ago, they were ok but nothing that I wanted to buy again. They use real shredded carrots though so it definitely tasted true to its flavor! Great with a cinnamon cream cheese icing.
  • kwhammett567
    kwhammett567 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    White chocolate candy corn m&ms!
  • lexidanko14
    lexidanko14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Alyssa's Vegan Bites!!! Found them at publix in the wrong spot and searched for 15 minutes to find where they came from. Amazing!! And healthy with 10g of fiber per serving
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I tried the cinnamon bun halo top last night and it's the only flavor I hated! I only took two bites and husband ate the rest. It had an overwhelming cinnamon flavor, like I was eating cinnamon by itself, not baked in a bun.
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    flapjacked-protein-pancake-mix-12-oz-supplement-central.jpg

Anyone tried these, they are selling them at my local grocery store and it has better macros than the Kodiak ones.

I've tried a couple of the Flapjacked flavors but they're pretty flat compared to the Kodiak mixes. (That being said, the Kodiak chocolate flapjack mix missed its target, too.)
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I tried the Lays everything bagel chips at Subway yesterday. I thought they were a little light on flavor, but I like really potent everything bagels so I should have expected that.

I loved them and I love everything bagels! They had a strong cream cheese taste to me. It's definitely the winning flavor in my house. My stepdad liked the fried green tomatoes, but the rest of us wouldn't eat more than one. None of us really liked the taco ones.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Tried the Kodiak Cakes Pumpkin Flax in a mug cake/muffin (just added water and microwaved for 50 seconds). It was really good, but tasted more like a spice cake than pumpkin bread (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, either)! Next time I'll add chocolate chips or something to make it more interesting.
    shrcnn6zbfly.jpg
    hiz8tk87kan2.jpg
    j78c45hont16.jpg

This is still my favorite Kodiak Cakes product ;) buying a box of the mix made it cheaper, so I'm really hoping chocolate chips will make it more like these bad boys!
    7q3hww3bzjnr.jpg
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Tried the Kodiak Cakes Pumpkin Flax in a mug cake/muffin (just added water and microwaved for 50 seconds). It was really good, but tasted more like a spice cake than pumpkin bread (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, either)! Next time I'll add chocolate chips or something to make it more interesting.
    shrcnn6zbfly.jpg
    hiz8tk87kan2.jpg
    j78c45hont16.jpg

This is still my favorite Kodiak Cakes product ;) buying a box of the mix made it cheaper, so I'm really hoping chocolate chips will make it more like these bad boys!
    7q3hww3bzjnr.jpg

Where do you find all these amazing items ! My town only carries the Buttermilk & Chocolate Kodiak mix Pancake/Waffle mix ;(
  • hgycta
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    shrcnn6zbfly.jpg
    hiz8tk87kan2.jpg
    j78c45hont16.jpg

7q3hww3bzjnr.jpg

Where do you find all these amazing items ! My town only carries the Buttermilk & Chocolate Kodiak mix Pancake/Waffle mix ;(

The Pumpkin Flax Energy Cakes mix I found in Target, but the Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Minute Muffins I splurged and ordered on Amazon :)
  • shipleyamye
    shipleyamye Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Our little Rebellion Bean Crisps (found at costco) are so good. Especially when dipped in guacamole.