What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    How is it that I have never received flowers from anyone but my parents when I had my babies and from friends at my first baby's funeral but yet a girl I work with has received them twice this month from a guy that is in prison?

It's okay, all will seem right with the world when he sends her prison wine.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    How is it that I have never received flowers from anyone but my parents when I had my babies and from friends at my first baby's funeral but yet a girl I work with has received them twice this month from a guy that is in prison?

It's okay, all will seem right with the world when he sends her prison wine.

I hope he uses his toilet to make it. When she offers me a sip, I will pass.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    LadyLeaAZ wrote: »
    I missed the twilight discussion but my 2 cents...

The two guys were lame af... Any guy that would stick around hoping to be picked while some chick goes back and forth is just not worth his salt...

And Bella, while pretty, was an absolute dummy...

I trust the books were better, but once Hollywood producers get ahold of something and try to make it trendy and hip, they usually just make it lame ashit

Just my opinion...

Not an opinion, that's fact. Well, except that last part. The books were terrible and irredeemable. :D

I absolutely hated every moment I spent reading these books. That is the last time I take the suggestions of any of my female friends in relation to "good reading".

Janet evanovich: one for the money

It's worth it, you'll be laughing your head off. Do NOT watch the movie though, it's terrible

Laughing my head off in a good way?? Or because it's so laughably bad? I have slogged through Twilight, all the P.C. Cast books (ugh!) and several of the Sookie Stackhouse books (triple ugh).

What are her books about?

Are these the lady bounty hunter books? I enjoyed that series. I also like the Bubbles books. She's like a hairdresser detective and they are also quite humorous

Do you mean Dark hunter series of books by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I loved those although after about the 8th I think she went off track, they weren't as good ..

Oops..I see from above post it was not
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I continue to not understand people or relationships, despite having been in contact with plenty of people and having been in varying degrees of relationships. All I can do is sit and sigh. I have a feeling this will be a lifelong issue for me. :/
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have been focused with a razor sharp intensity to achieve my personal greatness more then ever lately. Its funny how we can't see why things happen when they happen, but in retrospect its like an elegant web of cause an effect that leads us to our present. Keep on grinding, keep on grinding, keep on grinding.
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    how invisible I feel at times
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    how invisible I feel at times

I used to feel like that too, now I think people hear me coming from miles away lol.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    When will Netflix get season 4 of Peaky Blinders
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I continue to not understand people or relationships, despite having been in contact with plenty of people and having been in varying degrees of relationships. All I can do is sit and sigh. I have a feeling this will be a lifelong issue for me. :/

It's a good sign. You're honest about this. About everyone else feels the same way and would never admit it.

Maybe it's a good sign, but it is incredibly frustrating on my end. I feel as though sometimes I gain insight and then some other person comes along and completely wipes out what little knowledge I had gained about the issue.

Herding cats is easier than understanding other people.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I am wondering about all the ancient threads that keep coming up.

What is better? To bump a thread from like years ago or start a new fresh discussion on the same or a similar subject?

Personally I think it's better to start a new one if the last reply to a similar idea was years ago.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about how often I see the same people complaining in the threads. It's hard not to think they're just looking for attention when that's all I can see.

Agree!
    Some people just always seem to gripe about something or anything repeatedly and it gets old to me...I'm not surprised or interested when they have a complaint because it is just the norm for them.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Whenever I hear AC/DC on the radio I picture a cartoon clown singing. What a weird voice.

kledwpdx54rv.png
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Can somebody get Rockstar by Smashmouth out of my head?
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Can somebody get Rockstar by Smashmouth out of my head?

Challenge accepted.

8akwht05bfs0.gif
  • patrick_star_trek
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

What is better? To bump a thread from like years ago or start a new fresh discussion on the same or a similar subject?

Personally I think it's better to start a new one if the last reply to a similar idea was years ago.

Sorry.
  • patrick_star_trek
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Sorry.

Don't be sorry boo. Some of them are funny AF

Thanks, love.