August 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @azercord I think “old compared to” is a very relative term, but thanks ha ha
    @_TMac_ welcome
    @elise4270 everyone needs a dream.
    @kgirlhart and @elise4270 it could always be worse….
    j0zbnkfst8uh.jpg
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    09/08 3.80 miles
    10/08 3.82 miles
    14/08 4.03 miles
    15/08 4.05 miles
    16/08 4.04 miles
    19/08 3.58 miles
    23/08 4.08 miles
    24/08 3.84 miles

exercise.png

• Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @azercord I think “old compared to” is a very relative term, but thanks ha ha
    @_TMac_ welcome
    @elise4270 everyone needs a dream.
    @kgirlhart and @elise4270 it could always be worse….
    j0zbnkfst8uh.jpg

hashtag: oldmanlifegoals
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Oh dang! @skippygirlsmom ! Least the ones I've seen are on ridding mowers!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Yes the weather was a huge gift. It was amazing how much different and enjoyable running can be. LOL

BTW, I was just about to post that running fine list. LOL I would have a huge fine. lol
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I guess my friend's dad could have looked worse.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @stoshew71 that's what happens when we have the same facebook friends ha ha Missy didn't post the orange part you need to read that too. You can pay your fine in pie!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    oh dear. I took my top off in my first HM at the first aid station and ran in just my sports bra. Nobody should have had to see that. I even asked someone to take a picture of me at one point and am mortified by what I see. Abdominal crunches and planks are the way forward.....

number 8 I see a lot of on my morning runs. It's mostly other females. One day I am going to go right up to them and put my face in their's and yell 'MORNING!!' at them. I may not speak so well in the morning, but I make sure I acknowledge people.

I always acknowledge fellow runners. And get very miffed when they don't respond.

Oh, and I think no. 1 needs a higher fine. I had a young lad stop directly in front of me in a crowded 5k because he wanted to tie his shoelaces. It could have been very messy indeed, but I managed to leapfrog over him and got a congratulatory high-five from a spectator.

I was going to post that violators of #1 should have a higher fine. Thought maybe I was being too snarky. However, in the middle of a half marathon that I ran in the Spring, 2 runners stopped in front of me to take selfies. I thought, "are you kidding?"
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Random running thought of the afternoon. My morning run came pretty close to being a Yasso 800 workout. I averaged 3:35 on my 800 splits, with not much variation. I know, from how I was feeling, that I could have done another2. I also know that I can't run a 3:35:00 marathon.....good to know that the Yassos are no indicator for me.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Happy to report no pain or soreness this afternoon after taking it up a notch on the elliptical this morning. Haven't decided on the workout for tomorrow, I feel like I could run but I should and will take one more cross training day.
    @skippygirlsmom you couldn't be more wrong about cross country. I was fully engrossed two years ago as my niece won a few high school races and placed top ten in Western Mass. Last year was quite empty as she started college on scholarship for San Diego State.
    Love the violations list. My wife and boys would be willing to pay my fines for #10 if it meant less of that action at home.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So non-running note... while I am off on vacation my books carry on and kind of ummm hit #4 over all on Amazon’s Best Seller’s List yesterday. :) Kind of fun, eh? :smiley:

That's awesome! Go ahead and tell us which book is yours! For all you know, some of use have read it ;)

• hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I am very guilty of the belt on the 5k one.... water is my security blanket, big time... like what if I MIGHT need it. And I only recently acquired a pouch- (so, still means carrying fuel belt technically??? ) For my dumb phone that isn't the water belt.... so yeah... I'm hopeless on that one... I had finally stopped carrying the water belt on 5ks and then I got the running ban, so my running shape is gone... so when I start up again, I'm sure water will come on every run again.

It's been a long, confusing, headachey day at work.... I make no gauruntees the above rambling makes the slightest lick of sense. Sorry.