Options
    Kate UK <3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord can this saga get worse? I think not...Tomcats lawyer wants to go to court Monday..and just told my lawyer and she asked for a continuenoce .it is for suppressing evedence hence all the stuff I found.. Tom doesnt want that out there if the judge doesn't grant it.i have to be there Monday Again..jack @$$.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Praying ... for all of you in the path of the Hurricane...

DrKatieBug ... where are you? Did you see Okiewoman's Christmas organization? I am in awe!

Gloria ... my youngest with the headaches did have a few migraines over the summer and for the most part we could point to stress being the trigger. I suspect this will always be a thorn in his side. To meet him, you would say he is laid back and confident ... very charming to talk to ... those who meet him enjoy his company. You would never know that he is an introvert with significant anxiety issues ... he internalizes it all ... which I believe is the primary cause of the migraines. He's learning how to deal with the migraines and those he experienced this summer were much shorter in duration than in the past. Thanks for asking!

NYKaren ... I was hoping it would get easier to say goodbye this time around. But I still felt a "heaviness" as the days got closer to taking him back to college. I love that boy and I truly miss him! Unlike Becca, you and I can communicate anytime we want with our children. I'm thankful for that.

I need to find a lightweight weedeater ... any suggestions? We have very good gasoline powered ones, but I can't pull back the cord to start them and then they're too heavy for me to use for any length of time. Now that college-boy is back at school, I'm on my own again with the yard work and things continue to grow!

Beth near Buffalo
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hi Betsy! Welcome back!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord can this saga get worse? I think not...Tomcats lawyer wants to go to court Monday..and just told my lawyer and she asked for a continuenoce .it is for suppressing evedence hence all the stuff I found.. Tom doesnt want that out there if the judge doesn't grant it.i have to be there Monday Again..jack @$$.

Hang in there, Allie, you've got this. (((hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Well count me among the August anniversaries. Our 48th was August 23. We celebrated with family before that so did not do anything on Wed.

Barbie - Looking good and like you are having fun. You might consider donating the violin to an elementary school music program. I know in SD and MN they have programs for donating unused instruments for music education.

Beth - We got a Ryobi battery powered weed whacker. I get tired after a while but it is easy to run and you can also get blades for it as well as string for heavier stuff.

Gloria - I think they should have paid for a hotel room for you since they were not on time.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Re in TX-- Happy Anniversary tomorrow. And Happy Anniversary to all that have anniversaries this month.

I bought a lug of peaches and they are still pretty hard. Want to freeze them to make smoothies. On my list for this weekend. DD and family are coming tonight for the weekend. Not real thrilled about it, but glad they feel comfortable coming and staying.

Barbie--Nice looking group. Thanks for sharing.

Rye--beautiful. My grandmother made blankets for each of us grandchildren and I have mine. She always said I want you to use them not store them away. So for years I used mine and it started coming a part along the edge. So I took it to the senior center here in town and they fixed it for me. Now it is across the bottom of my bed. She made my son one with horses on it and he still has that one.

Time to close up and get some things done before time to clock out. Pray everyone in the path of the storm stay safe. Blessings, Vicki Grand Island, NE
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well we got the continuenoce . until Sept 11th. and Toms lawyer doesnt even know we have evidence. it is just another stall tactic..
    I texted my real estate agent and just took the leap and will lease with option the condo...
    so I feel a little relief about that..
    then came home and spilled ice tea all over my bedside table lol.. Oh Lordy..
    going with Mary to visit one of our old co-workers tomorrow. and will try and pack more
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello.
    What lovely photos of beach and crocheting, no one ever has a bad thing to show and I appreciate that.
    We are having super weather here in Suffolk, VA--it must be because some of you are taking the bad weather. I will tune in to the weather and look for Texas and Tornado Alley folks. My son learned or re-learned about clouds this week. We have discussed cold fronts which I never really understood before.
    When we went shopping today, things looked okay but when we got home, I had to stop before going inside and untrash the front yard. Not garbage day and not windy so where does all this stuff come from?
    When I got disgusted with my husband, I would mutter donkey's hindend. Thinking of you, grandmallie.
    Well, I do not feel great so I am aiming myself toward bed shortly. Try to stay out of mischief.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    <3 Thoughts and prayers for all of you in Harvey's way. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :)Sue, I tried to donate my violin to an elementary school music program and they told me that they couldn't use a full size instrument. I remember having a 3/4 size violin in elementary school. Thanks for the suggestion

:) I'm thinking thoughts of safety for everyone in the path of the hurricane

<3 Barbie
  • TRI_CMDO
    TRI_CMDO Posts: 95 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Sending energy to Allie. You will get through this. We are ALL behind you.

Hoping all of you in path of Harvey stay safe. May your homes weather the storm with minimal impact.

Barbie: Absolutely love the photo of you and the dancers.

I'm missing Kim, Dr. Katie and Leigh....hope you ladies are all okay.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    August Goals for the week 8/20 – 8/26
    400 calories under budget 5X: XXXXX
    Weights/Abdominals 3X: OXX
    Planks 3X: OXX

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of deep water today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD on the rebounder (need to burn those calories for the pool party).

Don't know what it is, but I'm still upset about all the wedding/shower stuff. Maybe it's because I know that Maria is going to butt into Denise's marriage, just like she butted into the wedding, just like she butted into the shower. I know Denise doesn't want to see this, but it's so true.

Karen in VA - yup, that's how I found I was allergic to thimerosol, eye drops. Who knows? I might not get a reaction to it injected in me....but I don't want to take any chances especially since there are alternatives. Who knows? Maybe I've been given it and didn't even know it.

Just found out that the place where we're taking the dance lessons is moving. I'm surprised that place lasted as long as it did in that location. She said that the restaurant really wasn't generating that much profit to offset the overhead. We thought that was going to be the case.

Carol - happy anniversary

Rye - deep water is really doing cardio but in the deep end so there is little to no impact (mostly none). We also do exercises to work the muscles (arms, abs, etc) and stretch. It's just good to get in the pool and have no impact, but you sure get a good workout! In any class, I can usually drink 42oz of water. There have been times when I've been sweating so much that I swear I'm having a hot flash (what a good place to have one if you're going to have one). The pool goes to 10'. Vince said once "why do you go when we have a pool". I just answered "because ours doesn't go down to 10' I know that Denise is mainly a C&E're when it comes to going to church and it wouldn't surprise me if Maria was the same way. I did tell Denise that she wanted the reading in Corinthians, but I'm not saying anything else. I bet if I were to say "why don't you have this reading?" she would, but I'm not going to say that. I hope you feel better fast. My grandmother used to make blankets, too, using up scraps of yarn that she had

We had a dance lesson scheduled for today, but Vince gets tired so easily we cancelled. The dance place is moving further away from us. I had a feeling that they were going to be moving. They used to be only dance, then this place they had food and dancing. They found that the food wasn't profitable enough, so they're moving and just going to concentrate on the dancing.

Allie - I'm sorry that there is a continuance. What a mess for you!

Sue in SD - happy belated anniversary

My aunt made each of my children a quilt before she could no longer see. They were hand quilted, not machine quilted. Very very small stitches. Well, Jess wore hers out, the stitches pulled thru the top layer of the quilt. So I requilted it. The stitches pulled thru again. This time I had a friend machine quilt it for me hoping that since the stitches are closer together, hopefully it won't come apart. Only time will tell.

I tell you, sometimes it really gets to me how Vince waits until the last minute to do things, how he doesn't want to pay someone to do something he can do himself -- only he never gets to it. Like there are rope lights around the pool. One section is out. Vince has known about the pool party for a few months. Did he replace that section? You can guess the answer. Now he can't.

Marcelyn - so glad you're safe. My friend's mother lives in Houston (at least she did last I heard), I hope she's OK. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Michele in dry NC