kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Wasn't sure where to post this but

SW: 174.2lbs

GW at end of 31 August : 163lbs
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I guess I totally missed that we started a new forum! LOL! Nice signature by the way! :) I am ready to kick some butt for the month of August! YAY! :bigsmile:
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, make sure that you print it out so that you won't have to keep running back and forth to the computer!! :)
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    very excited about the challenges!
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Can't wait to get started :bigsmile:

Is there anyway to get a little bit of a smaller team banner? I already have one for another team & I'm afraid my signature will take up half a page!
  • kapeluza
    Options
    Let me see if I can get a smaller link for you.
  • kapeluza
    Options
    bump
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Alright ladies...first, please forgive me for today's post delay. I was working some things out behind the scenes! Okay, here are the answers to your questions...

Question 1: WHAT ARE UP AND DOWNS?

Answer:

UPS and DOWNS

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

The very first part of this exercise is the up and downs. They may be modified by simply starting on all 4's and then standing up quickly and returning to this position to all 4's. This is a cardio exercise! Don't be freaked out but all he is doing just do the first part and modify if needed.

REMEMBER ITS THE VERY FIRST THING HE DOES ON THE FLOOR that's it! Unless you are a real rockstar then finish it out if you can. It's a crazy exercise. Be ready for great exercises you can do at home without anything!

QUESTION 2: Instead of going by weight in numbers, wouldn't percentages be fair?

ANSWER: Gary indicated that he would have to ponder on that one because he tried to balance the teams out. He will
    get back with us.

QUESTION 3: Where and what should we be sending you?

ANSWER: You should be sending me your starting weight,a realistic goal for the month and any challenge suggestions(see previous posts to know the specific challenges) to my inbox. If you have posted it here, it's okay. If you have already sent it to me...THANKS!

Gary has now made it a bit more interesting by requesting pictures taken at least within the last seven days (or by tomorrow). Here is what he is thinking of doing IF we can get full participation...

" Encourage all of your folks to take a current full body pic before Monday. Have them send it to you. At the end of the challenge we will have them take another pic and send that to you. I'll compile all of the pics and we can do a before and after photo slide show. I'm going to do a prize for the winner of the biggest transformation. I'll narrow it down to the top 10 and let everyone vote! It'll be a blast!"

Now some of the team captains are having a hard time contacting and getting the required info from their teams, so I am not sure if we will do the picture part, but I want us to be ready in case we do. Also, you do not have to send the pics to me. We are grown and I trust you guys to take a FRESH picture, no specific pose just regular before pics...I think I will take a few.

I currently have a request in to get modifications and descriptions to each exercise and will post them as SOON as I get them. If your question has not been answered here, it is probably because it was more of a personal or singular issue.So,check your inbox.

Let's GO FLAB TO FAB! We can do it! We will do it! Consider it done!
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Okay, I did not want the other post to be too long...YEAH RIGHT...LOL! First, I want to say THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU Flab 2 Fab members. I can honestly say that I am not having HALF the issues as the other team captains and that's because my team rocks (no offense to them)!

Throughout the month, I plan to check the forum at least 2-3 times per day (early,midday,evening) and you can always inbox or email me at msmonique0919@yahoo.com. If I am taking a chill out day, I will post it, but will do my best to address your concerns or questions timely. If there is anything further that you need from me, do not hesitate to ask!
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    One more thing...sorry...don't forget to take your measurements. You do not have to send them to me, but I want you to keep them just in case the scale's batteries start acting up and your three digits go up! LMBO Sometimes we lose inches and our weight MIGHT plateau! Okay, that's it for tonight...I THINK!

Thanks for sticking with me and supporting me as your team captain!
  • PhatChic1186
    PhatChic1186 Posts: 173
    Options
    Sounds good to me!!! Maybe we all should do a body shot pic and post it as our profile picture!!! If not cool, just a suggestion!!! I will be posting my before pic!! Thanks MO for having us on your squad!! 1 more day to rest and it's on!!! I'm so excited!!! We got this in the bag ladies!!!!
  • kapeluza
    Options
    Bump
  • kapeluza
    Options
    If you would like a smaller signature use this link in your signature between the [ img ] and [ / img ] :

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z452/kapeluza78/run4-1-1-1.png
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    Alright ladies...here are our marching orders...

Week One Team Challenges Please copy and paste into your team forums

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1
    This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended

If you have ANY questions, let me know. I can be reached here or at msmonique0919@yahoo.com. Let's get our minds together and get ready to knock it pity!

I can't wait!!
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    Alright ladies...here are our marching orders...

Week One Team Challenges Please copy and paste into your team forums

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1
    This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended

If you have ANY questions, let me know. I can be reached here or at msmonique0919@yahoo.com. Let's get our minds together and get ready to knock it pity!

I can't wait!!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    1 pound weight loss for this past week, and I havent even started the challenge yet! WOOT! I am super excited! Cannot wait to see the great results I will achieve! We can do this! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • FL_Nettie
    Options
    THANKS for the banner! It rocks :happy:

Do we really have to wait until tomorrow to start? I'm ready, willing & able to get the show on the road (even though today's supposed to be a rest day for me)!!

If you want to share, what are your goals for the month?
    Here are mine:
    1) I'd love to put down that I want to lose 13.5 pounds, which is 3 lbs a week, but I'm going to keep it realistic. I'm going to go with 9 pounds, which is 2 lbs a week.
    2) I also will finish a 10 mile run
    3) Have my 3 mile run time down to 33 min. I actually think this one might be the hardest to do.
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    yay i figured it out...woohoo...i love this logo
  • ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm ready!! Off to take picture and measurements. I plan on knocking those jumping jacks out before breakfast!!
  • FL_Nettie
    Options
    I'm just curious where everyone's from? I'm in Florida. :glasses:

Also, I'm gonna change my weight loss goal to 10 pounds. That'll get me under 160!!!

Oh, I forgot. Are we supposed to e-mail a recent pic?